AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 95 61.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 20.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 11.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 09:53   Link #101
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Wow! That's was a spicy episode!

Poor Nobuse. He has been aware of Aiko's true feelings for a while now, maybe he had known all along. I can understand how he didn't want to hear Ai-chan say what she was about to say.

I still don't like Jun. You can't "barter" relationships. I hope something bad happens to him.

Noe was just too cute in this episode. I really hope she ends up with Shin in the end, as I've never been a fan of Hiromi.
Old 2008-02-18, 09:58   Link #102
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
I still don't like Jun. You can't "barter" relationships. I hope something bad happens to him.
Like I said on MAL, I hope he rides into a moving truck.
Old 2008-02-18, 10:05   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Noe was all kinds of love in this episode. I guess being jealous is the ultimate cute when you think about it --- i just loved her reactions to Shin in this episode, so much avatar material. Going by the 'male lead ends up with you know who girl' rule, then i can't see the two staying together for long, though i will enjoy their cute time together.

As for Aiko, i guess that is the best way for Shin to notice her true feelings. I really can't wait to see how this scene continues.
Old 2008-02-18, 10:26   Link #104
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Shin's dad finally breaks his silence and shows some signs that he is aware of the current situation in the house. Shin's dad asked him what his mother had said, Shin being the retard he his says nothing much. Well he had been brooding over the possibility that he and Hiromi could be related here was his opportunity to at least get the truth and he passed on it.
i would have love to see the scene :
dad : hey son what s up you look too be kinda under the weather lately.
shin : yeah i know dad, glad you asked cause you see i was wondering, did you bang hiromi's mother? i mean i wanted to know if we were sibbling before giving up on her.

ok there is a lot of exageration here, but some subject arent subject you can easely talk about. when it comes to possible adultery involving your parent it s something you d rather not know. some things are better off left in the dark.
i can totally understand his silent in front of his father reguarding that subject, beside he already started to clear things up with his mom so he doesnt need his father for anything else than to confirm/deny the adultery issue and it s not that easy to ask out of the blue.
Old 2008-02-18, 11:02   Link #105
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Now that Shin knows Ai-chan likes her, it's going to be interesting to see what he does next.

Gold episode, really well done.
Old 2008-02-18, 11:39   Link #106
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ah, before anything else, this episode is a 10!!

Noe has become more interesting, I think she's better character now than on the earlier episodes. And the way she admits to liking Shin is WIN. - "Write it down here."

And Shin ends up being trapped.
Now he knows Aiko also likes him - just right after making the confession to Noe. o.o!

On a last note, the only sad part of this episode is Hiromi - she doesn't make any progress. And Noe's evil brother is working more to keep Hiromi away from Shin.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:13   Link #107
TrueKnight

Noe is full of win. Oh man I hope she wins, but seems like Hiromi is going to take the cake.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:17   Link #108
greyhawk
Some dude

I see that there are now 3 possible routes:
#Hiromi: The most mediocre standard way for things to turn out, though this will make Shin become "the bad guy" who toyed with Noe's earnest feelings. And if that's supposed to be reason for her "True Tears" at the end of the series like some1 said, it's gonna be WAY too lame. Hiromi hiromi, I might have still supported her and sympathized with her predicament b4 watching this ep, but now I don't know what to think of her. Since it concerns Noe. BTW, I do not agree with whoever dislikes this route just because she's too "boring", that isn't much of an argument, duh.
#Aiko: I didn't even see that coming. So the worm has finally turned. But I still think she could've handled it better though. She didn't have to force herself upon him so desperately, as I'm sure that even if she were to do that 1000 more times, their hearts wouldn't move even 1 centimeter closer. This route is, therefore, ill-fated.
#Noe: She totally pwn3d me there. Noe's so innocent and sweet that I swear I'll never forgive anyone who dare make her cry (wait, could she even cry? ). Watch yourself, Shin, one wrong step and you're spot on my list of condemnation. You'd better get serious about her (hey now I sound like the dude with his sister complex). I'm worried though, as everything up till now has been quite unfair for Hiromi, they're gonna have to make it up for her one way or another. But what if Jun, who should've realized her feelings for Shin by now, especially after seeing her reaction when he declared Noe and Shin were going out, has a sudden change of heart and really takes Hiromi into consideration? He'll probably comfort her when Shin finally makes up his mind and rejects her, and they'll end up together. I also hope Nobuse has a happy ending, whether with Aiko or not. I do not like the Korean old cliche where everyone just lies to themselves and ends up being unhappy. If Aiko is to come back to Nobuse (which is very serious character development), they'll have to do sth BIG in order for it to look at least believable, and hopefully that'll be the case. You know they say that sometimes you only fall in love with someone after getting to know them better. It may be a typical happy "true end", but that's the only satisfactory outcome available.
P.S.: anybody out for a nice boat School Days' ending?
Old 2008-02-18, 12:46   Link #109
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Are we watching the same show? It was Shin who "bartered" this relationship and Jun kept his end of the bargain.

Cluelessness shouldn't be used as an excuse here. Shin made the choice to go out with Noe and railroaded Jun into going out with Hiromi. And available evidence implies that Jun is giving Hiromi a chance and is making an effort with connect with her.

Considering Shin also "bartered" the relationship between Ai and Miyokichi, he is surely more deserving of a bad fate than Jun.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:15   Link #110
greyhawk
Some dude

Perhaps Jun is the most misunderstood True Tears character, with Hiromi and Shinichiro being the following runners-up.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:46   Link #111
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
The vote was a mistake. I wanted to vote 10/10 and not 1/10.
Fixed, you won't see your name in the 10s users but it will count as such.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:11   Link #112
cloudninja

Intent plays a big part of it. In episode 5 Shin did'nt force Jun to do anything. Shin first told Jun that his request for Shin to go out with Noe was crazy and he should'nt try to control other peoples' feelings. Jun replied that it's not that big of a deal. I think that statement shows how little he cares as long as he gets what he wants and explains a lot of his actions.

Because of what Shin previously said, Jun understood that Shin was trying to show how crazy his request was by offering what Shin thought was an even more ridiculous proposal. What Shin did'nt expect was for Jun to basically seize the opportunity and run away with it. Like he said, dating and controlling other peoples' feelings aren't that big of a deal to him, something that Shin did'nt take into account before he made the silly proposal. In this episode he even threatened to not go out with Hiromi if Shin did'nt follow through so he's only doing it to manipulate Shin.

In the case of Aiko and Nobuse, Shin fully intended to match them up by helping Nobuse confess. That's a big distinction from what he did with Jun in that he was trying to talk some sense into Jun and stop him from bothering him about Noe. He just did'nt know that Jun does'nt see or feel things the way most people do which is why he seized the opportunity.

Shin certainly should take some of the blame but it's only fair to also blame Jun for acting like a manipulative busybody himself.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:43   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
In a knocked down drag out fight i wonder who would win Hiromi or Noe. Hiromi is athletic so she has muscle and she taller than Noe so shes got the reach. But Noe is small and probably fast plus Noe looks like she could psycho ape shit on someone and pelt their eyes with chicken feed it came down to it
Old 2008-02-18, 14:52   Link #114
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Before more flaming ensues I just want to clarify that most of us are just giving our opinion about which girl will win, and no one is "insisting" about how so-and-so is "obvious."

And for the record, right now I'm thinking 75% Hiromi, 15% Aiko, 10% Noe.
Old 2008-02-18, 15:45   Link #115
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
Perhaps Jun is the most misunderstood True Tears character, with Hiromi and Shinichiro being the following runners-up.
I agree with that ! ^^

For me, Jun is a future Shinichiro.
He really likes/loves his sister (maybe it's not his true sister, still we don't know their family so well, and they only have their eyes color in common).
He had to refrain it as much as he can, burrying his own emotions. So he's currently using other people's feelings, because "it's not that of a big deal" when you understood you can live with it anyway .

The most interesting part is Noe's behavior.
She doesn't seem weird to me.
She clearly lives in her own world, like she was denying her reality.
Add in it the obvious Siscon from Jun.
Then it indicates to me something awful happened between those two, leading to Jun's emotionless state and Noe's childish weirdness (cf : like Shizuru did with Natsuki in Mai-Hime, main plot in Utena).

In that case, Jun is the most advised person in the show, and would help Hiromi & Shin to solve their issues, preventing them to do the same mistakes he did.

BTW, do we know the relation between the Shin's family and Hiromi's family ?
Were they just close friends ... or were they blood related ?
In the second case, Hiromi having her official father's family name, it would hide Shin's father and Hiromi's mother were brother/sister.
Which would add a lot more drama to the present situation (children reproducing the same thing their parents have done, despite the omerta on the truth).

PS : I'm really enjoying this show. I sympathize with Nobuse, and I root for AikoxShin (even if I don't think it will end with that pairing).

Old 2008-02-18, 15:54   Link #116
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Are we watching the same show? It was Shin who "bartered" this relationship and Jun kept his end of the bargain.

Cluelessness shouldn't be used as an excuse here. Shin made the choice to go out with Noe and railroaded Jun into going out with Hiromi. And available evidence implies that Jun is giving Hiromi a chance and is making an effort with connect with her.

Considering Shin also "bartered" the relationship between Ai and Miyokichi, he is surely more deserving of a bad fate than Jun.
I agree! that will teach Shin to open his freaking mouth before uttering crap. The thing is that all them are young. they are in the age where you make mistake and learn about life. It doesn't matter how much advise you get from other people (Aiko giving advise to Shin), you always make mistake. Nobody is born wise! Shin already made the mistake once, being a busybody with Aiko and nobuse, and did it again with Hiromi and Jun. Of course, Hiromi is at fault here for lying about liking #4 (Jun) and Jun also has some blame for asking such unreasonable request in the first place. Everyone playing cupid only cause harm. Now, IF jun had asked if Shin liked Noe FIRST and when he answered in a positive way, then he could had asked for Shin to go out with her.

So nobody is innocent here. I think the people with the less blame in the show are Aiko and Noe.
Everyone else has some blame, Hiromi, Shin, Nobuse and Jun. Shin for playing cupid in two cases,
Jun for playing cupid, Hiromi for lying in the first place, nobuse for his obsessive love for Aiko more now that he knows how she feels.
Old 2008-02-18, 16:03   Link #117
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Like I said on MAL, I hope he rides into a moving truck.
First off, thanks for the comment!

Second, whoah, you're giving me images of Jun in a hospital bed like their grandmother. Maybe Jun will get into an accident like you said and will return Noe's tears to her. Being on a motorcycle at night must be a hint... All tired from his job or basketball practice and stressed, he...! Well, okay, maybe not. Just how likely is it that he'll ride into a moving truck...
Old 2008-02-18, 17:55   Link #118
SnEptUne

lol. Another funny episode.

Noe's development prompted a question, why does she think she must not change?

Anyway, a great episode, so 8 out of 10.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:01   Link #119
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
lol. Another funny episode.

Noe's development prompted a question, why does she think she must not change?

Anyway, a great episode, so 8 out of 10.
My theory is that she wanted to be forever like she was when her grandmother died. I suspect that is the reason Jun wanted her to go out with somebody, and shin happened to be the only boy that Jun knew was in friendly terms with Noe. Noe is stuck in her childhood and probably has not done any actual growing up since her grandmother died. Maybe Jun is trying to teach her with tough love.

Still, involving Shin in his schemes is an aweful thing to do. Shin pisses me off, because he is allowing hiromi to go out with a guy that doesn't love her, is that a way to help someone. I really don't understand Shin reasoning in that angle. IT is failed.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:31   Link #120
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually like Jun. While I don't necessarily agree with it, I still respect those who put whoever they cherish above all else, be it morals, ethics, or whatnot, aka, the Gendoh Ikari syndrome. Jun I find is like that, putting Noe above all else.

And besides, Jun riding into a truck on his bike lies the possibility of Hiromi riding with him, and I don't want that lol. Then again, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people here who wouldn't mind both kicking the dirt at the same time; rather, I'd think a lot of people would cheer rotfl.

@kholdstare
For the record, I wasn't flaming anyone. All preditiction here and now are just speculation after all. Just stating that there are people who think each of the of three main heroines has the greatest chance of 'winning.' As such, people leaving posts in which saying that the winner has been decided without saying which couple they think it is, leaves all of us going 'Huh? Who you're talking about?'

@greyhawk
Makoto deserved his fate. Shin on the other hand, is not on his level (yet? lol). If Shin manages to bed all three heroines in the next 5 episodes, then yes I'm all for an SD ending, but that I highly doubt that will happen.

@golthin
Thing is, even this dense Shin managed to figure out Noe's feelings.

And even under the guise of AikoXNobuse doing well, same thing could be said about Noe. I mean, I don't find much of a difference from what Noe was saying to her usual gibberish. She wanting to understand Shin more, first thing comes to mind is her doing everything she can to help Shin 'fly', not that she likes him that way. So if Shin can connect the dots from there, he should've done the same with Aiko.

For the record though, he didn't go to Aiko to sort out his feelings because he's confused about it. Him saying that he doesn't understand "it" himself can mean a lot of things, and from interpretation, it looks like he's saying that because he doesn't know exactly how it happened. Writing you like someone on the ground with rock pieces doesn't sound like a person who's confused about his feelings. Rather, with him chasing Noe around the school campus, asking her out in front of the chicken coop, and writing down his feelings is as random as one can get when starting to go out with a girl. Even I fail to understand how exactly one lead to another, but then again, Noe is anything but predictable lol.

Rather he went to Aiko's place to tell someone the 'good' news. I mean, take your typical person who's going out with a girl the first time, and you could bet that person would be bursting to tell someone about it (well, at least me and my friends were like that in High School). And who's he going to tell, Hiromi, the girl he's trying to forget? His parents? No, it's his friends first. He didn't want to specifically meet Ai, as Nobuse would've been fine all the same. It just so happens that it's Ai's place is their hangout place after school, where either or both his friends would be at, and it just so happens as well that Nobuse isn't around.

Speaking of Ai, rewatching the show actually made me understand her character a bit better. There is a reason why she stole a kiss right then and there. For all these years, she noticed that Shin loves Hiromi, and that she can't seem to be noticed by Shin because of it no matter how hard she tries. Then in a blink of an eye, Shin is already going out with another girl, without even gving her a chance to say or do otherwise. I guess to her it doesn't seem to be remotely fair that the new girl swept Shin under the rug so fast when Ai has been watching Shin all this time waiting for an 'opening.' Bet she's also thinking that going out with Nobuse so that she can still be close to Shin seems to have been all but pointless right now.

That's why she said to look at her as well. Why does Shin look at the new girl when she's been here all this time, especially when Shin doesn't seem to like his original crush anymore? If Shin can look at other girls apart from Hiromi, why not her as well? Thus her last ditch attempts at getting him to notice her by stealing a kiss. As such, Shin being able to notice Noe and not Aiko is part of the reason why I really think she has no chance. Of course, Shin might think more of her in the future, but juding by the preview, not likely.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Closed Thread