Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 14:22   Link #121
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Currently, that's impossible in the Gundam AGE's case, seeing how it's stationed on the Diva.
No it's not. By close by I mean close enough to perform the move. Or are wrestlers long range weapons?
Old 2011-11-19, 14:25   Link #122
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now you're just trying to muddy the issue. However, to answer your question, the Titus only needs to get near the UE suit, which isn't impossible since they still try to attack it with beam sabers--all it needs to do is grab it when it does and perform the pin you mention. Unlike most wrestlers, the Gundam AGE-1 Titus has thrusters mounted on it.
Old 2011-11-19, 14:58   Link #123
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Now you're just trying to muddy the issue.
I was just being somewhat nit picky for some laughs, but it's okey I'll stop now.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:52   Link #124
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Carrying over from the Models thread:

For me, I don't really like the Titus because its designs seems a little too kiddish, and the fact that beating up opponent MS with raw power might not seem as efficient or practical as using beam sabers or solid blades.

I'm really, really hoping my impression of it will change with its appearance in tomorrow's episode.
Yeah, exactly.

The unicorn " tackling " the Kshatriya was more a desperate move to get it out of Industrial 7.

i just don't see the point with the Titus, close combat? yeah, a beam saber would do, i mean comeone, what can wrestling moves do that a beam saber cant against mobile suits which are huge chunks of metal? the entire scenario is just silly, i mean, sure! Wrestling would work against a single target, so apparently Fritz is going to fight UE's mano el mano from now on?

Maybe i should just dumb myself down and try to enjoy it, but those details just wont get out of my head, a giant wrestling mobile suit, nacho libre with metallic parts vs transforming dragon robots? sounds like something Kamen rider would do, not a Gundam series.

maybe im just stuck in old ways?

Spoiler for Titus VS UE?:
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:05   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Beam sabers have practically no kinetic force behind their swings. Solid-state weapons (like the GN-Sword from Gundam 00) or beam-reinforced solid weapons (like the anti-ship sword from Gundam SEED), have far morekinetic force behind them--when they're swung, they're harder for the enemy to stop or block. The same is in effect for the Titus' attacks.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-11-19 at 20:34.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:11   Link #126
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

but there are still beam knuckles? spikes? on the Titus.

i just dont see how those spikes? are going to be able to damage the UE when the saber didnt.

then again, this is the show that increases the beams power by spinning it around.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:19   Link #127
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The shorter beam blades and spikes are denser than the longer saber blades and therefore have more power behind them--remember that the AGE-1 Normal's beam dagger did manage to penetrate the Gafran armor, and these beam weapons are going to have a lot more force behind them to boot.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:24   Link #128
bio9205
Reborn

Like I said, I'm quite skeptical on the practicality of it. The design in itself looks more like a kids' toy to me (okay, maybe it IS supposed to be one, but still) and wrestling an enemy MS into submission might not be the most effective way to deal with one. However, I'm going to wait to see it in action before deciding whether or not I like it - after browsing the web for pictures of the Titus, it might not wrestle or tackle per se - based on pics like its boxart, maybe all it takes to defeat an enemy MS might be a single punch or tackle, rather than continuous pummeling attacks.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:24   Link #129
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

where was it stated that the daggers had denser blades than the sabers?

once again, the entire titus scenario is silly, it would've been better for the AGE-Builder to poop out a spinning beam saber (or any other form of melee weapon) instead of new legs and arms

and yes - the DODS/DOTS rifle worked against Gafran's aswell, the Baqto's are another issue though, which i assume Titus was created for, and inside colony battles.

that brings up another point - since Titus was aclose quarter mobile suit designed to be used within colonies(correct me if im wrong here) why would they make it into a wrestling theme? tackling UE's around would most likely do more damage to the colony than a quick slash with a saber, or a DOTS/DODS beam rifle shot

Quote:
Like I said, I'm quite skeptical on the practicality of it. The design in itself looks more like a kids' toy to me (okay, maybe it IS supposed to be one, but still) and wrestling an enemy MS into submission might not be the most effective way to deal with one. However, I'm going to wait to see it in action before deciding whether or not I like it - after browsing the web for pictures of the Titus, it might not wrestle or tackle per se - based on pics like its boxart, maybe all it takes to defeat an enemy MS might be a single punch or tackle, rather than continuous pummeling attacks.
Defeating them in one punch would make it even more silly, imo.

the entire Titus design just seems like a overall downgrade from the AGE-1 Normal type. the Sparrow/Spallow would be more fitting, enhanced (spinning? vibrating?) dagger with a high-speed function seems like a better option than wrestling for melee attacks, even inside a colony
Old 2011-11-19, 19:30   Link #130
bio9205
Reborn

Well, like I said, I wouldn't make judgments based on pictures, I'd like to see it in action. We don't really know how it's going to fight exactly yet.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:34   Link #131
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

those three pictures basically tells us how it's going to fight, its pretty obvious it is intended to be a Wrestling suit, lol

for some reason i got a mental image of it grabbing a chair and smashing into the Gafran, made me chuckle
Old 2011-11-19, 20:05   Link #132
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Gundam = One giant toy ad. Always has been.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:47   Link #133
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Gundam = One giant toy ad. Always has been.
sofar they havnt been doing too good on the AGE kit sales, if i recall
Old 2011-11-19, 20:49   Link #134
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
sofar they havnt been doing too good on the AGE kit sales, if i recall
I meant Gundam as a whole.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 07:30   Link #135
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I meant Gundam as a whole.
oh, i am aware of that, what im pointing out is that the AGE kits arent selling well

as someone pointed out on /m/

SEED had a great kitsale, you had 4 Starter gundams, each with a specific " thing " to them, duel's Assault shroud, Aegis being able to transform, Blitz having its anchor and gun/shield/saber system and strike having it's backpacks

Same with 00, it had 4 gundams filling a role.

AGE doesnt really have that, it has the normal type, now titus, and then the genoace with it's screwdriver and gun.

apparently it's not as appaeling as Bandai had hoped for, if you check their assumed sale rate, they thought sales would double for AGE kits since the SEED/00 kits did so well.

And the amount of preteen viewers arent what they hoped for either.
Old 2011-11-20, 08:46   Link #136
brightman
Ancient Member

Again, one of the producers stated in an interview that the Gundams that don't belong to the main character typically sell about as well as grunt suits do, so they said there wasn't much of a point to having multiple Gundams.
Old 2011-11-20, 08:55   Link #137
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
text
Understandable. But the point i was trying to make is that AGE kits arent selling well, stores are overstocked and they are doing mass-sales to get rid of the kits
Old 2011-11-20, 09:10   Link #138
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Understandable. But the point i was trying to make is that AGE kits arent selling well, stores are overstocked and they are doing mass-sales to get rid of the kits
I know. I'm just saying that not having multiple Gundams is probably not the reason. Like you said, its more like Gundam AGE-1 just isn't appealing enough, and the fact that the show isn't as popular as past shows doesn't help. In some respects, they do look like they are meant to appeal to the preteen audience, which as everyone knows didn't really show up.
Old 2011-11-20, 09:15   Link #139
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I know. I'm just saying that not having multiple Gundams is probably not the reason. Like you said, its more like Gundam AGE-1 just isn't appealing enough, and the fact that the show isn't as popular as past shows doesn't help. In some respects, they do look like they are meant to appeal to the preteen audience, which as everyone knows didn't really show up.
Oh, yeah, the problem lies with how AGE is being handled, it isnt attracting enough pre-teens like it was supposed to, and the designs aren't a big hooray either.

i do like the design of the Genoace, it's nice. the Custom is even better, but that's about it.

the Gafran and Baqto(correct me if i'm spelling this wrong) aren't that appaeling to me, but it might be to others.

i belive the problem is that they tried to attract a younger audience, but havnt been able to do so yet, the designs are for preteens yet the people watching the show are the same who watched previous ones, teens and young adults (if i recall correct from the viewer data)

not to mention the execution of the Anime show isn't that good either.
Old 2011-11-20, 14:33   Link #140
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We might see a bit of a sales increase once the Titus and Sparrow later appear, though.