AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-31, 01:27   Link #4181
Thingey
Banned

I had no idea where to post this but what the heck:

I am Thingamabob. You may also call me Thingey or Potato.

can i please be the official Forum Jester?

WARNING: I AM THE MOST RANDOM PERSON ON THE PLANET.

heres a smiley you marshmallows may want:

Thingamabob

P.S. wow i have never seen so many people logged on! rofl

Mornin' marshmallows. I'm new too.. I just realised i accidentally broke a rule.. oopsie dasie...

Q: what is that "reputation posts" button thing?

Last edited by xris; 2007-07-31 at 03:12.
Thingey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 07:27   Link #4182
Black Pirate
XIII

Well, I am 15, come from Indonesia.
My name is Black Pirate
That's all
Black Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 12:12   Link #4183
SilverEyedLionKing
Anti-Claymore Unit

New guy reporting in...

Please take care of me.
SilverEyedLionKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 16:15   Link #4184
rehab

Hi,i `m new Hellooooooooooooo
rehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 21:05   Link #4185
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamabob View Post
Q: what is that "reputation posts" button thing?
Welcome!!

Reputation button is used to approve/disapprove someone post. If you like his/her post, that click it and choose approve. You might also want to give some reason why you approve/disapprove his/her post.

For more info check this page...

And also welcome to AnimeSuki Forums everybody....

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 22:51   Link #4186
molebeing

what what what what what

Last edited by molebeing; 2010-03-24 at 15:03.
molebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 00:16   Link #4187
dsp2003

Huh... I'll tell something more about myself then (sorry, my English is not perfect and it's difficult sometimes to understand the meaning of my words):

Name: Dmitri
Middle name: Sergeyevich
Last name: Poguliayev
Birth date: August 7th 1985
Birthplace: Russia, state Kuzbass, Kemerovo
Zodiacal sign: Leo
IQ: unknown, not tested

Specialization: PC Operator \ Programmer (4 stars red diploma)

Known languages: Russian (native), English (80%, gangsta-pc technician style), German (5%), Japanese (verbal and romaji only, 10%)

Favorite movies: Police Academy 1-7, Beverly Hills Cop 1-3, Star Wars Episode 4-6, Space Balls, Scary Movie 1-4

Favorite anime: n/a, can't prefer something special. :P

Favorite VN: Ever17 - the out of infinity -

Favorite games: Super Mario Bros., GTA series, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic I.

Favorite game platforms: NES (Famicom), SNES, Sega Genesis, PC

Work: n/a currently

Hobby:

Delphi \ JavaScript \ HTML coding;
tracker music composing & remixing;
visual novels & other games russian fansub translations (currently runned projects: codename "Red Twilight" (in association with insani & haeleth), codename "E17 - escape from infinity");
vector graphics.

For more information, visit my little homepage. Thank you.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2007-08-01 at 00:36.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:12   Link #4188
Rezt

Hello all this is Rezt!
Just a little something to let you all see what my tastes are like
lets see, My favorite manga has to be Berserk, it's definately one of the more unique and best drawn mangas still in circulation right now. But damn, Kentaro Miura sure does take his time. Right now I'm also into Bleach, Gantz, and Elfen Lied, but my favorites do change every now and then as I used to really love Naruto and One Piece.(Maybe not One Piece, its still really funny if nothing else.)

Other than that
I'm male,
19 years old,
and currently attending college!

Yoroshku ne!

(Meh, also half Japanese)
Rezt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:24   Link #4189
Thingey
Banned

welcome, Rezt!

Last edited by Thingey; 2007-08-01 at 01:24. Reason: '?' instead of '!'.
Old 2007-08-01, 01:50   Link #4190
Garlic
Newbie to Anime -_-;;

Send a message via MSN to Garlic
Errm, hello...

I'm Garlic (don't ask) and, obviously, I'm new. I'm also new to Anime so I'll be really grateful if someone could like take me under his/her wing or something like that, you know, give me suggestions and that kind of stuff...by the way, I'm still learning English by myself soooo I probably made some grammatical errors in this post...if not, I'm pretty much sure I will in the future...

P.S: dsp2003, I like your name, actually I like Russian names and I'll probably learn Russian next year.

Last edited by Garlic; 2007-08-01 at 01:52. Reason: Wrote dsp as dbs. >_>
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 03:02   Link #4191
Thingey
Banned

@Garlic: I ♥ your avatar! ROFL
Old 2007-08-01, 03:57   Link #4192
megadomonic
Magical Conspiracy

Send a message via MSN to megadomonic
Hey, how's it going, my name's Domonic Ramos, I live in Florida, the US.
I'm a Martial Artist, my current styles are Karate and Muay Thai, I'm thinking about learning Chinese Ken Po. I've been into Martial Arts since I was younger, DragonBall Z is what got me into it. I'm also a part-time Otaku, my encouragement came from Genshiken. Anime encouraged me to do many things, FullMetal Alchemist even got me into liking Science of Biology when I was a freshmen in Middle Grade School, but beyond that, I've recently came into liking Elf themed Anime, I've seen Elfen Lied and Shuffle(Anime, not Hentai) but if anyone has any other good Elf themed Anime, please let me know! ^_^

I also wish this was my wife. =P
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...lvenBeauty.jpg

Last edited by megadomonic; 2007-08-01 at 04:02. Reason: Just adding something again. ^^
megadomonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 04:19   Link #4193
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Welcome to AnimeSuki Forums
Please read the Faq1 and Rulez
  • If you are news to VB forums and Animesuki, I've written a little crash course for you.
  • If you are new to forums in general, please watch the Forums 101 video.

1. Frequantly Asked Questions
Old 2007-08-01, 04:45   Link #4194
mighty mike

Hey whats up everyone. Im Mike and ive been into anime for quite sometime. I think it all started with Ninja Scroll then i was into initial D and some gundam some GTO. After a few years i think i got back into anime with Naruto for awhile untill the fillers got rediculous i stopped watching that. Then Bleach which was also good untill i forced myself through the bounto series. Well worth it! haha But i do like anime like school days, School Rumble, Suzuka...that anime was deep haha. great stuff. Lovely Complex is a really good one im into right now aswell along with Major,POT, Overdrive that shit is awesome!. Ookiku Furikabutte. Sports animes are the shit!. Drama, Romance, Action, adventure, school, comedy for sure. O yea and the best comedy of all times just to clear everything up for you guys would have to be Golden Boy.....bwahaha. with GTO in second place. Damn there are so many good anime i cant find enough time in the day to watch them all! Anyways... Ive been drifting for about 5 years and i go out to Just Drift events like once a month at least and hopefully ill become a pro driver someday....thanks for listening...reading....whatever lol

Last edited by mighty mike; 2007-08-01 at 05:03.
mighty mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 07:40   Link #4195
Elenay

hey!
I'm Willemijn aka Elenay, I'm dutch and new on the board
My favourite anime's are Ah!My goddess and one piece.
(and Chobits, naruto, fruits basket etc.)
Elenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 10:24   Link #4196
dsp2003

To Garlic:

Thank you! ^_^ Russian is a beautiful language... it may be difficult to learn though. Good luck!

P.S. Cool & funny avatar.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 10:42   Link #4197
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Welcome to AnimeSuki

Be sure to check the helpful post from Cats you won't regret it
Old 2007-08-01, 22:34   Link #4198
haruhi_sae

gokigenyou mina-san!

im haruhi_sae, got the name from an anime i've been watching, but the 'sae' part i just tagged it along. well, my favorite anime as of now is maria-sama ga miteru. im a newbie here, please bear with me...Domo arigato!

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
haruhi_sae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 09:40   Link #4199
pparker

More than necessary

Recently fell into anime, mostly from finally losing all interest in watching live action film (and refusing to watch TV). 10 years ago I rented a couple of anime titles, and for some reason a couple of months ago thought of one of them and tried to recall/find it. I ended up buying Evangelion, which was the wrong one... but absolutely the right one as it turns out. I was impressed and subsequently engrossed in anime.

Now, since I'm between lives with lots of time, I've watched several series and OVAs. Some favorites so far are Eva, FLCL, Excel Saga, Shakugan no Shana, Martian Successor Nadesico, FMP!, Steel Angel Kurumi, Saber Marionette (J to X mostly), Elfen Lied, Kite, Mezzo Forte, Video Girl AI, Gunslinger Girls, and (yes, seriously, or rather, unseriously) Labyrinth of Flames.

Serial Experiments Lain was good, but got a bit tiresome. GiS:SAC? Well, that is not what anime is for, IMHO, and I suffered through it (the excellent cyber-noir movie ruined me for the buddy cop series). Cowboy Bebop is certainly good, though I haven't finished it. I wished to God for more Battle Angel (and hope that James Cameron doesn't "Flux up" the live action version).

My heart belongs to Shana, except for a piece that Kaname Chidori stole first (oh well, and Kurumi and Lime before that). When Yuji foresook Shana for Kazumi, and I wanted to kill the writer (and Yuji), that's when I realized how effective anime could be emotionally. And when I began to actually understand moe ;>

Still on the floor is Now and Then Here and There, Heibane Renme and Kino's Journey. But I'm in the mood for comedy yet. My RentAnime list is at 98 titles long. My HIME, Love Hina, Key the Metal Idol, Nurse Witch Komugi and Gantz are in the mail from eBay (having rented the first vols).

Just starting with torrents, which is what brought me here, so I haven't much to say on current anime. I've been too busy catching up with the classics. School Days and Moetan look interesting.

If all this sounds extreme, the truth is, given the circumstances, I would almost certainly have been an otaku. It's a term I understand. If you've seen the movie Adaptation, I'm the obsessive Orchid Thief. I even spent 5 years obsessed with tropical fish ;> Now... not a drop of water to be found.

I am a film buff. I've watched thousands of films, from 30's classics, to Kurosawa, to most of the better commercial fare since the 1960's. Until anime, Aeon Flux was about the only animation that I really respected.

Now I see the amount of talent, and quality art, acting and storytelling in anime, and unfortunately I'm hooked. Of course, sometimes it's just the moe ;>

pparker
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:38   Link #4200
Nefarious
whatever

hiya i'm Andrea i live in North carolina i got into anime through bleach and now i love anime, lets see.... about me i'm alot of fun and i like to PARTY! jk i like hanging out and reading thats about all about me so catch ya later
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members