AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 12:59   Link #3301
RivalNightmare

Well, I only have the normal game ATM. Can I still play online with y'all?

I usually just spam all of her abilities, those stakes, then summon Sakutaro, use another stake attack, then attack with Sakutaro.. yeah.
Old 2012-04-03, 13:36   Link #3302
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
yeeeaaaah got the music to loop on Black Battler for the first time ever today. Felt like an accomplishment lol.
Old 2012-04-03, 21:50   Link #3303
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivalNightmare View Post
Well, I only have the normal game ATM. Can I still play online with y'all?

I think not, cause most of us have Ougon Cross, so you will have to get that before you are able to play with all of us.

And it's worth getting, check all inport sites that can provide you said expansion.
Old 2012-04-03, 22:11   Link #3304
cronnoponno

Um, hey, did Ryukishi said he'd only do ONE of the two (characters vs gameplay improvement choice), or that he'd eventually get to doing both but would prioritize what everyone voted for? (In other words he still plans to make uber gameplay revamps once Bernkastel is released)?
Old 2012-04-04, 07:43   Link #3305
Solkiskey

I think the gameplay mechanics are alright, although it'd be fun if the combo system wasn't so strict. That and Guard Touch should either be removed or nerfed because it's way too stupid.
Old 2012-04-04, 09:50   Link #3306
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

What makes you think that the combo system is strict?

btw I think the damage touch should be nerfed with something like: it must deplate touch gauge even if you get hit before switching
Old 2012-04-04, 13:03   Link #3307
Eriko 556

Today I used LamSha team as a experiment to see combat against NEW CHALLENGER B. Battler.

Result: Quite good. Only spamming him with Lambda's sweet I took half of his yellow HP. (Unfortunatly, I was so excited that I forgot to printscreen it)

I'll start to practice more with Lambda.

Also, one question: What's NEW CHALLENGER B. Battler full health number? Someone tried to measure it?
Old 2012-04-04, 13:38   Link #3308
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
What makes you think that the combo system is strict?

btw I think the damage touch should be nerfed with something like: it must deplate touch gauge even if you get hit before switching
What I mean is that there isn't much variety.

I meant Guard Touch, the one where you're punished for driving someone into a corner and pressuring them. >_> Incredibly stupid if you tell me.

And God B. Battler's HP? hmm... He either has 11200 or 6400 HP. I don't know if CPU B.Battler is the normal mode B.Battler (800 HP) or Princess Mode B. Battler (1400 HP).
Old 2012-04-04, 13:54   Link #3309
Eriko 556

[QUOTE=Solkiskey;4090850And God B. Battler's HP? hmm... He either has 11200 or 6400 HP. I don't know if CPU B.Battler is the normal mode B.Battler (800 HP) or Princess Mode B. Battler (1400 HP).[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, that much!? How did you calculated this value?
Old 2012-04-04, 14:04   Link #3310
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
What I mean is that there isn't much variety.

I meant Guard Touch, the one where you're punished for driving someone into a corner and pressuring them. >_> Incredibly stupid if you tell me.

And God B. Battler's HP? hmm... He either has 11200 or 6400 HP. I don't know if CPU B.Battler is the normal mode B.Battler (800 HP) or Princess Mode B. Battler (1400 HP).
Ah
I agree with this, specially when half of vanilla ougon cast has only one combo (lucifer, etc).
I thought you were talking about timing and combo difficulty
Old 2012-04-04, 14:37   Link #3311
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
Oh gosh, that much!? How did you calculated this value?
B.Battler has 800 HP, there are two B.Battlers so 1600, 1600*2 since there are two bars (I play with two bars/two rounds) 3200, 3200*2 because of Dlanor's ability : 6400. If he's in princess mode, 1400*2, 2800*2 = 5600, 5600*2 = 11200. It might not be right though, I might have got something wrong somewhere.

Quote:
Ah
I agree with this, specially when half of vanilla ougon cast has only one combo (lucifer, etc).
I think I should've said "limited" instead of "strict". Do you play online?
Old 2012-04-04, 15:02   Link #3312
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
I think I should've said "limited" instead of "strict". Do you play online?
Yes, but I can play only if you're european. I don't have a connection good enough to play people outside europe
Old 2012-04-04, 15:12   Link #3313
Solkiskey

Quote:
Yes, but I can play only if you're european. I don't have a connection good enough to play people outside europe
As long as it's playable, I don't mind input delay. You can join one of my hamachi network if you want : AnimeSukiOugon2 password is ougon
Old 2012-04-04, 15:29   Link #3314
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Ah
In my experience and while fighting someone worthwhile you end up pulling a lot of different situational combos as opossed to the vanilla perfect combos that one does in training.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:34   Link #3315
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
In my experience and while fighting someone worthwhile you end up pulling a lot of different situational combos as opossed to the vanilla perfect combos that one does in training.
Training mode combos aren't practical anyway. Too much SP usage and with the Touch system, long extended combos aren't always a good thing.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:40   Link #3316
maximilianjenus
[E]

amount of sp for both you and p2, state of the touch bar, distance from p2, whether p2 is crouching, standing or in the air, partner, all of those dictate what will be the best combo to use for your specific character.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:43   Link #3317
Solkiskey

Crouching or standing not always, though there is a difference for some characters.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:23   Link #3318
maximilianjenus
[E]

Agreed, for characters like kanon, george, battler and lucifer it makes a big difference, not so much for others.

Where I play we only ban guard touch (actually what we ban is doing combos after guard touch, we still allow the guard touch to get off the pressure), so it's common to do the full exhibition combos as block string, so, when you finally get p2 to guard break you ahve already casted meta cancel or spent the touch bar.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:50   Link #3319
Solkiskey

Oh, I see. Well, I rarely guard touch because every character has a way to get out of pressure without it. Do you happen to play online? Haven't played against many people in this game yet.

I would include Dlanor in that, because 6C is pretty useful in corners (not that it's not useful midscreen.)
Old 2012-04-04, 18:32   Link #3320
maximilianjenus
[E]

with luci,kanon, george battler if p2 is standing you can meta cancel, then instead of running do a jumping C,B and land and ocntinue the combo.

I like to play online but find it troublesome to set up sessions because of my work and family duties, normally I only have a bit of free time in the sunday afternoon.
Closed Thread