AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 21:25   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Bah, the art style is rather bland IMO especially compared to the manga....
I like the art style quite a bit. To me it's simple and clean, rather than bland. It does differ from the manga, but I like it at least as much. It seems fresh to me.

For me, if anything goes wrong with this show, it's likely to be the story rather than the art. But I do care about story more than art, so maybe that's why.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 22:14   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
So Rui did stop it? I assumed he had something to do with it, given his seemingly unquestioning support of Ran, but there wasn't any on-screen evidence, was there?

I'm liking the animation style of this, simple without looking scruffy. The story has potential to be entertaining, though I hope the angst won't get too out of hand.

I thought the bit in the building with the dog and the lighter was a terribly clumsy way to attack someone, until I considered the building/contents, and not the employee, was probably the target. Even so, a bit odd, I thought.
To be honest don't have anything concrete on Rui stopping it, but just my guess. Seems pretty coincidental that the moment he grabbed Ran's wrist it stopped. But also combining it with the events in episode 2.

How Ran can't read his mind adds something to him having some abilities of his own. Also wondering about when Fumi attacked. Not sure if holding her wrist again had anything to do with how her powers were unleashed. True he wasn't affected by it. But he also wasn't the target in Ran's mind. Will probably need more time to get more insight into Rui.

Obviously being kidnapped should keep him right in the action .
Old 2008-06-30, 23:58   Link #43
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Hmm... yeah, Midori is a little bitchy about everything, but she's used to being treated like a monster, so that's just how she protects herself. She just needs to eat some pickles and chill a bit. Ran will fix it all, once she picks up all of the various giant clueweights dropped all over the place.

Personally, I don't mind the odd slap or nasty comment. Makes the show less bland and more interesting. I like Midori the way she is. Then again, I like Ueda Kana's voice either way. All we need now is a なんでやねん? and we're good to go.

But as someone who has watched MSGM, it's weird hearing Yumi's voice coming from a middle-school Sachiko wannabe's body.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:10   Link #44
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty, I didn't even remember that Ueda also did Yumi way back when. Simply because maybe for a few other roles back then (Petopeto-san, kasimasi, and Gakuen Alice off the top of my head), I've seen Ueda typcasted into roles that had the kansai-ben accent and/or significant amounts of tsun in the character. I certainly don't remember Ueda doing any Yumi-like characters in recent memory; on the contrary, her roles in the past couple of years lean towards Sachiko's more than anything else.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:38   Link #45
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. The story reminds me of that cop who can read minds in Heroes. Actually, a little bit of X-men "freaks" stuff too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 16:26   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The manga scans look interesting...the style looks very shojo-ish(?)

I think I would actually prefer it over the anime designs.

@spoiler below it...just as expected

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 20:16   Link #47
nanafan
horo fan

i think the story seems interesting, definitely gonna check it out
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 02:22   Link #48
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

This show definitely has more personality than I expected. It's not entirely original by any means, but there's a nice freshness and energy to the production.

For reference, the violin piece at the beginning is Massenet's Meditation from 'Thais'. Most of you probably recognize it.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 02:59   Link #49
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The manga scans look interesting...the style looks very shojo-ish(?)

I think I would actually prefer it over the anime designs.
I don't know.. I think the anime version, being all clean and decently animated works better personally. I think the reason why they settle with the cleaner look in the vast majority of manga conversions (Look at Hajime no Ippo/ Fighting Spirit for an example) is that it's simply not easy to animate something with a lot of pencil-scraggles and the 'shoujo-style' that is heavily stylized on a page. I can imagine that'd be hell trying to animate all of that.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 05:52   Link #50
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't know.. I think the anime version, being all clean and decently animated works better personally. I think the reason why they settle with the cleaner look in the vast majority of manga conversions (Look at Hajime no Ippo/ Fighting Spirit for an example) is that it's simply not easy to animate something with a lot of pencil-scraggles and the 'shoujo-style' that is heavily stylized on a page. I can imagine that'd be hell trying to animate all of that.
Oh I understand that perfectly, I'm not asking for a Clannad class animation. But at least they can work on the characters a bit more.

The art balance between background and character is also weird. Some shots look like they employed people who used to do children's illustration's. Or perhaps pre-digital colour age anime.

Nice art, but out of place for an anime. Especially given the character animations.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:39   Link #51
nanafan
horo fan

I think it's a great story and I can't wait for the next episode. Poor Ran, the only person she can rely on is her friend Rui.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 09:25   Link #52
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Episode 3 is out in RAW form...

Spoiler for Episode 3:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 10:06   Link #53
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Just watched the first two episodes. This is interesting.

I can see where the Dennou Coil comparisons come from. It's an NHK series for one, and they share the same timeslot, but, more important than that, the main characters somewhat resemble the two main characters in Dennou Coil, particularly their disposition. But Dennou Coil comprehensively showed that you can make something squarely aimed at children, but still be very moving and very intelligent. It'll be a amazing if Telepathy Shoujo Ran is even half as good as Dennou Coil, but I haven't seen anything so far which says it can't be.

Much like Dennou Coil, the character art is simple, but the animation itself is quite good. Particularly the background art. There are a few carefully chosen scenes which just have beautiful background art. The music is pretty good as well, so provided the budget holds, the aesthetic effort could be quite nice.

There's a good amount of intrigue and mystery to keep this interesting, and as others have pointed out, it is rather dark for a children's show. The characters are fairly believable with how they deal with stuff as well... well, except for Rui. I raised an eyebrow in the second episode when he so quickly realized that the dog had been controlled. There's obviously more to his character than has been revealed so far and he almost certainly has some sort of power/s, probably a variation of the type Ran and Natsuki... I mean, Midori have. (Midori herself is rather sensitive for someone that's been constantly taunting Ran since she met her). But no one's that astute.

I like this. Not much good out so far this season, but I'll be watching this one with interest.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 12:19   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
This show definitely has more personality than I expected. It's not entirely original by any means, but there's a nice freshness and energy to the production....
Absolutely. And episode 3 keeps it going, even ramps it up a bit, for me. This is clearly a show for kids, but the look, the voices, the characters, and even the major outlines of the story so far are keeping me watching. So far.

I think the animation and backgrounds work beautifully together. And I think the OP and ED songs may be the best of this young season, for my taste. I like the animation of both, too, especially of the OP. Katou Emiri continues to shine, and Ueda Kana's Kansai-ben came in handy this episode, lol.

As for Dennou Coil, Sorrow-K, I could just never get into it. The characters didn't draw me in, and the story seemed limp to me. So I have never understood the widespread admiration for anything other than the animation. I have some episodes stored away so I can go back someday and try to get it. This show clearly has lower ambitions, but it's fulfilling them so far.

And cynicalicious -- yes, I heard what you heard.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 18:21   Link #55
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The closer it gets to the end, the better it gets, so I highly recommend pushing on.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 22:29   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 12:47   Link #57
chico_miko

Has anyoneee lyrics or karaoke opening song?
chico_miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 16:19   Link #58
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

This show reminds me of Card Captor Sakura. I guess it's the mood.

Anyhow, it has my attention and I think I'll stick to it.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 00:11   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2008-07-11, 05:27   Link #60
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_miko View Post
Has anyoneee lyrics or karaoke opening song?
On YouTube: OP, ED.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural