1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-14, 20:08   Link #81
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
You know, deploying Mukkuru would have been a considerable advantage.

Psychological warfare at least.

But Mukkuru comes along with Aruru as a set and I guess Hakuoro has parental obligations to keep her away from war.
This makes a lot of sense, and it's most likely the reason as to why Hakuoro didn't use her (Mukkuru is a she, right?) during the battle.
Old 2006-05-14, 20:31   Link #82
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
If one believe when Hakuoro says he won't fight a battle that he can't win. Stalemating for an time, to even up to an point where Hakuoro may have believed that they were going to lose it. As an dangerous path through the forest, no guarantee. And the numbers would have to be great, for Benawi to consider withdraw. And we do know that there are people on the other side that are itching to do a bit of ass kicking. ..if to believe the messenger.

And reckless that is. For without further confirmation, to whom they side, could've even been the emperor's. But to his word Hakuoro believed of this messenger. And chance, that it be.
Any wise commander should know that (s)he is not omniscient, therefore cannot tell, to 100% accuracy, the outcome of a battle while still in the planning phase. What Hakuoro meant was that their chance to win wasn't minimal - it wasn't 100% but it was significant enough (for example, 91%) that he could order his men to go for it at the cost of some of their lives.

It is impossible to completely get rid of the element of Chance from the equation. All one can do is minimise its influence as best as one can.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-14, 21:51   Link #83
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
As they say, a good commander is one who plans for victory, but prepare for defeat.

Old 2006-05-15, 03:22   Link #84
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
Any wise commander should know that (s)he is not omniscient, therefore cannot tell, to 100% accuracy, the outcome of a battle while still in the planning phase. What Hakuoro meant was that their chance to win wasn't minimal - it wasn't 100% but it was significant enough (for example, 91%) that he could order his men to go for it at the cost of some of their lives.

It is impossible to completely get rid of the element of Chance from the equation. All one can do is minimise its influence as best as one can.
Significant enough to win by under Hakuoro's planning ...if to truly count on the forces from the other side of the gate. Without, chances of win goes down. If village of other side against, down even further. That at that point, the take of the gate would've been useless. But for the viewer, all the better the watch, as that chance falls to center.
Old 2006-05-15, 04:50   Link #85
Hunter Nin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You and everyone else

No one knows in anime what the gender for the twins are.

We need to turn this into a guessing about what gender the twins are
I think they're girls; when they're trying on the jewellery the merchant says something like "jewellery that would look beautiful on women" and he also says "why are there so many beautiful girls here" and it pans across erruru, arruru, blue haired person and the twins.

Anyway, I hope their girls... lol

Oh and I also think it's wise to keep Mukkuru out of battle... don't want her developing a taste for human flesh now.
Old 2006-05-15, 09:56   Link #86
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
Oh and I also think it's wise to keep Mukkuru out of battle... don't want her developing a taste for human flesh now.
Yeah, and all we know Hakuoro is smart enough for not let his fortress unprotected. Probably he's letting Mukkuru out of battle so she can help to protect Eruruu, Aruruu and the other womens and childrens from the village.

On a side note, it's better Hakuoro to check his dinner carefully tonight, or Eruruu will put some special "spice" on it so she can finally have "some".
Old 2006-05-16, 02:12   Link #87
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Now now, the merchant gave the... 'energy item' to Hakuoro not Eruruu when he parted - unless Hakuoro immediately gave it to Eruruu for safekeeping but I don't think he's that inconsiderate ^^;;

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-16, 22:27   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Generally a well-developed episode pretty thick with events. Only complaint? And its not really even a complaint. Predictable (I've not played the game past the intro).
Spoiler:

Sadness for Eruruu (doctor and quartermaster though she is) --- Aruruu seems to be carving her own more assertive path though. Good to see Mutikapa has a reputation.

The series is not shaping up to the be romance within a war I thought it might be, but its still holding my interest simply because they're taking the time to show these people know and use intelligent military tactics, supply, flanking... yee godz this leaves that Navel project a few threads over in the dust in the context of combat tactics and planning against an enemy.
Nonetheless, I'm not looking forward to 20 some-odd episodes of Eruruu being ignored or neglected though "as great events happen".
Old 2006-05-17, 22:38   Link #89
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I really like this anime. After watching this episode I realized how solid and good the plot is compared to other animes. I wish I saved these episodes on my hard drive.
Old 2006-05-22, 15:16   Link #90
UnknownToLife

The twins in the game are guys, but in the anime they have tails, sooo I assume they are girls.
Old 2006-05-22, 16:06   Link #91
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownToLife
The twins in the game are guys, but in the anime they have tails, sooo I assume they are girls.
Unfortunately, the presence of a tail is not a sure indication of gender. While it seems that a high percentage (if not all) of the women have tails, some of the men have them too. Here is a link to an earlier tale about the tails...
Closed Thread