AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-26, 03:57   Link #61
Miraluka
Banned

Cut it about the hate thing, Shinji, you're labeling things as white and black and that doesn't goes well nor in this series nor in this forum.

If you haven't noticed yet it's all about him, 3/4 girls joined the circle for him not for the game itself.
Nothing stops them... Except their aknowledged rivalry(except Megumi who hasn't done any move) they share some interests but it all ends when the love interest is what put them to work together, girls are selfish and aren't willing to concede the other any chance.

@Endarion
"To think...."

I'm reading the Chinese version up to vol.7 which is the last published, but that's the blogger's opinion, to me it's that their relationship as friends it's not over yet however it was hurt and went awkward to face each other.

If it was really over she wouldn't be crying afterwards and Eriri wouldn't be stubborn avoiding her.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2015-03-26 at 04:16.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 04:20   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Cut it about the hate thing, Shinji, you're labeling things as white and black and that doesn't goes well nor in this series nor in this forum.

If you haven't noticed yet it's all about him, 3/4 girls joined the circle for him not for the game itself.
Nothing stops them... Except their aknowledged rivalry(except Megumi who hasn't done any move) they share some interests but it all ends when the love interest is what put them to work together, girls are selfish and aren't willing to concede the other any chance.
I'm just calling it what it is. Instead of just saying how you think he carries responsibility for what happened, you guys go out of your way to venomously hate on him, talking about karma and calling him a "spoiled brat" and a "fag." There's nothing complicated about it.

I'm not sure what talking about the girls' rivalry does; what does the girls' reason for joining the club being him, have to do with the rabid hate Tomoya is getting for his not-selfish actions? Tomoya certainly didn't take advantage of their feelings for him to bait them into joining the circle.
Old 2015-03-26, 04:30   Link #63
Miraluka
Banned

Is that hate for you? Then you need first to take a look at other sites.

And note that I said that the narrative itself calls him that "like a spoiled brat" at least 2 times as far as I can remember, the novel series not just me out of a whim.

Aki isn't taking advantage, of course he is not the demon you seem to pretend to think we(or at least me) make of him but he is aware of their feelings AND he is in denial about it as a way to run away from that fact; when that crumbled the last scenes from the last novel happened, he broke in tears because he knew it was a matter of time he couldn't keep feigning ignorance. It was 'game over' for him and the option of 'continue' was on his hands.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 04:45   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Is that hate for you? Then you need first to take a look at other sites.
It has nothing to do with the degree of hate; hate is hate. And there are certainly lower degrees of hate than calling him a spoiled brat and a fag for doing something that wasn't at all selfish, regardless of how it worked out.

Quote:
And note that I said that the narrative itself calls him that "like a spoiled brat" at least 2 times as far as I can remember, the novel series.
Only in the sense that he got what he wanted. (the girls joining his cicrcle) But that term loses its effectiveness and accuracy when he's shown to do caring, very non-selfish things, whether or not the narrative says it.

Quote:
Aki isn't taking advantage, he us noy demon you look like you pretend to think we(or at least me) make of him but is aware of their feelings AND he is in denial about it as a way to run away from that fact; when that crumbled the last scene from the last novel happened, he broke in tears. It was 'game over' for him and the option of 'continue' was on his hands.
Well, you guys are hating on him and calling him a "fag."
Would you prefer he act like a starving wolf and dive in with the girls? And from an out-of-series perspective, it's hard for the harem part to last long if he already picked one of the girls.

But alas this discussion is starting to break down, so I'll just drop it here.
Old 2015-03-26, 07:55   Link #65
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Let's put something clear:
-Tomoya never face the girls feelings
-He just throw away all the hardwork of everyone just to take care of Eriri who was just sick (as Miraluka said)
-The girls join him not becase he was a genius, all was because they love him for different reasons
-Utaha, Eriri and Megumi understand he was selfish and he never goes to understand that, doing mistakes over and over. That's the reason why they just move away from him, to make him grow a little bit and see how his own actions hurt everyone

After reading all of this discussion, seems like @Shinji's problem is his self - insert on Tomoya's character, he's almost saying "hey Tomoya is the best". Miraluka was the only right here, people who can't understand established FACTS on the LN are just delusional this is why Shinji can't accepts opinions based on those facts and start calling others "haters", dude stop being so delusional and acting like a true hater talking without any basis.

Tomoya was just an inmature kid who can't even face the reality and start deluding about his heroine without considering the feelings of others, hurting them, betraying them and finally staying alone for his own fault. In the end he understand why Eriri and Utaha do that, Megumi just come back because he said "I'm sorry for everything I did".
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 08:30   Link #66
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yyyyeah, I make it a principle not to really pay any more attention than necessary when people start throwing around direct insults to try and bully their points through and talk like flametrolls......
It also helps my point about hating, by the way.
Anyway, one post is already longer than I should give in response to that flamebait.
Old 2015-03-26, 08:34   Link #67
RaymondSageClark
Banned

The only flame troll who talks without arguments here is you.
Old 2015-03-26, 08:36   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I did give arguments to my point.

You should probably quit while you're behind and before a mod catches you taking this any further. Just a last point of warning before I avoid this thread to avoid your flamebaiting....
Old 2015-03-26, 09:02   Link #69
RaymondSageClark
Banned

We are talking about the LN with arguments and facts, but you call people here haters and flamers because we said the truth about Tomoya, who is tour favorite character, how that is a bait?. Anyways I'm not going to waste my time with trolls like you, atleast endarion can have a properly talk without insulting people like you.
Old 2015-03-26, 09:47   Link #70
dragon1412

Eh, in my way, i do agree that calling Tomoya a spoiled brat or a fag is a bit too much, but it's pretty much undeniable that it is his fault, while it's true that his action come from caring to others, fact is, like Iori said, there is alternatives to take care of Both Eiriri and the game, but Tomoya choose to abandoned one. At that point, he did disregard all the hardwork, effort the others girls so while i feel bad for him and the girl action might be a bit much, they could have notified to him before hand, i do still believe that is what he bought on himself.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:25   Link #71
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Eh, in my way, i do agree that calling Tomoya a spoiled brat or a fag is a bit too much, but it's pretty much undeniable that it is his fault, while it's true that his action come from caring to others, fact is, like Iori said, there is alternatives to take care of Both Eiriri and the game, but Tomoya choose to abandoned one. At that point, he did disregard all the hardwork, effort the others girls so while i feel bad for him and the girl action might be a bit much, they could have notified to him before hand, i do still believe that is what he bought on himself.
i never denied that it was tomoya fault i just wanted to point out that eriri and utaha action weren't those of 2 saints either and could have done things in a different way to theyr friend

all this onesided criticism to tomoya (becouse it is really a total onesided point of wiev) and all this making them seems like 2 angels is making me have the opposite reaction, before i hoped they would return, now i hope they will have the less screen time as possible in future volumes, they left the circle (utaha even the school) so there is actualy no reason for them to have the same focus as before except normal classmate intereactions for eriri , reason is simple they took a decision and went theyr way

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-03-26 at 10:58.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:52   Link #72
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i never denied that it was tomoya fault i just wanted to point out that eriri and utaha action weren't those of 2 saints and could have done things in a different way to theyr friend

all this onesided criticism to tomoya (becouse it is really a total onesided point of wiev) and all this making them seems like 2 angels is making me have the opposite reaction, bevore i hoped they would return, now i hope they will have the less screen time as possible in future volumes, they left the circle (utaha even the school) so there is actualy no reason for them to have the same focus as before except normal classmate intereactions for eriri , reason is simple they took a decision and went theyr way
actually it seem like the author confirmed that there is no problem with their screen time in later volume

eh, i agree with you on this one, the girl do have their part of problems( i'm looking at especially you, Eiriri , Utaha at least have the guts to bear all the blame and faces Tomoya)
Old 2015-03-26, 11:00   Link #73
endarion88

Quote:
actually it seem like the author confirmed that there is no problem with their screen time in later volume

eh, i agree with you on this one, the girl do have their part of problems( i'm looking at especially you, Eiriri , Utaha at least have the guts to bear all the blame and faces Tomoya)
i don't need to go deeper on eriri becouse megumi already said all what needed to be said to her
Old 2015-03-26, 11:20   Link #74
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Honestly, I think it's kind of silly that there's blame to assign, or that there's anything for blame to be assigned for at all. Breaking up the circle because Tomoya shirked some work to help a friend and their own fellow circle member feels.........overdramatic. Calling what Tomoya did a betrayal of anything is an exaggeration and the girls leaving the circle because of it feels like overeaction, and a bit forced. It's not ven like this happened over an actual act of selfishness or anything. And if Megumi really did say that she would have done the same thing, that makes this drama all the more silly.
Old 2015-03-26, 11:43   Link #75
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Honestly, I think it's kind of silly that there's blame to assign, or that there's anything for blame to be assigned for at all. Breaking up the circle because Tomoya shirked some work to help a friend and their own fellow circle member feels.........overdramatic. Calling what Tomoya did a betrayal of anything is an exaggeration and the girls leaving the circle because of it feels like overeaction, and a bit forced. It's not ven like this happened over an actual act of selfishness or anything. And if Megumi really did say that she would have done the same thing, that makes this drama all the more silly.
i never called what he did a betrayal if anything i said that utaha and eriri joinind the game company behind his back was a betrayal and utaha said so herself. as said before the 2 of them would have been way more correct to him if they had FIRST explained theyr reason AND THEN left the circle

edit: bestking13 can you explain? i only know about the blog with the spoiler
Old 2015-03-26, 11:46   Link #76
dragon1412

^^ you do realized they are talking about 2MB+ script, over 30 music tracks and more than 100 CGs right, that things would beat 80% of the games that's are currently on sale.
Old 2015-03-26, 11:54   Link #77
endarion88

Quote:
^^ you do realized they are talking about 2MB+ script, over 30 music tracks and more than 100 CGs right, that things would beat 80% of the games that's are currently on sale.
again as said they did the the correct thing in joining akame..but they did it in the wrong way

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-03-26 at 13:02.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 11:55   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
i never called what he did a betrayal
I'm talking about in general, not you.
Old 2015-03-26, 14:41   Link #79
endarion88

ep 11 of the anime reminded me that as long megumi is there she will save this story for me, so after having my heart healed i can just continue not giving a care anymore of what utaha and eriri do, did or will do, megumi is all what i need to enjoy this story can't wait for vol 8 now
Old 2015-03-26, 14:53   Link #80
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
ep 11 of the anime reminded me that as long megumi is there she will save this story for me, so after having my heart healed i can just continue not giving a care anymore of what utaha and eriri do, did or will do, megumi is all what i need to enjoy this story can't wait for vol 8 now
Well, you're going to enjoy so much vol 8 because Utaha and Eriri will rarely be seen.

Tags
coming of age, romance, wimp protagonist, wish fulfilment