AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-05-19, 13:52   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I suppose it's not that surprising, but for a school with such stringent admission policy to have a guy get an important position through nepotism is just hypocritical. Why do so many of the rich and powerful submit themselves to the humiliation of being interviewed by that guy?

Also, can't Lloyd or his wife arrange an accident? What even is the point of being a spy or hitman if they can't even do that much?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 00:58   Link #22
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Also, can't Lloyd or his wife arrange an accident? What even is the point of being a spy or hitman if they can't even do that much?
When it comes to their family, Lloyd and Yoru aren't nearly as professional as they think they are

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 01:28   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Technically, arranging for the guy who made their daughter cry to die in a fire wouldn't be professional either. But, you know. As long as there's no collateral damage and nobody suspects it wasn't an accident, it'd be just the right amount of unprofessionalism.
Old 2019-05-20, 07:28   Link #24
Random14

Its not like elite schools being hypocritical and corrupt is anything new, and so far most of the families we've seen are probably upper-middle rather than super powerful (so the corrupt teacher is just venting against those who can't strike back). I'm more surprised that the current headmaster actually doesn't seem that bad, at least by comparison.

Its so cute to see them getting closer as a family, as well as all their half-truth answers. So Anya does remember her mother? She's had an awful life so far but I think this is the first time we've seen her shell crack. I'm sure "Folger" will keep trying to find a way into the school but just seeing more of his new "family" is still really fun.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 21:06   Link #25
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 6 on Mangaplus

If this keeps up Twilight is going to become best dad isn't he? Pulling out all the stops

Also poor Yoru, done in by bad luck

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2019-06-02, 22:20   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Chapter 6 on Mangaplus

If this keeps up Twilight is going to become best dad isn't he? Pulling out all the stops

Also poor Yoru, done in by bad luck
Going to? He already is.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 23:08   Link #27
Random14

I'm surprised Twilight didn't do more to "help" Anya move up the line. We've already seen what Yoru's solution to every problem is.

Aw, Anya's got such a nice family life now. With best dad, best mom and best... would Scruffy count as an uncle?
Old 2019-06-03, 00:11   Link #28
Kazu-kun

I love the chemistry between Twilight and Anya. They have such a great dynamic.

I'm not feeling Yoru though. She's kind of a third wheel, to be honest.
Old 2019-06-03, 02:30   Link #29
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I love the chemistry between Twilight and Anya. They have such a great dynamic.

I'm not feeling Yoru though. She's kind of a third wheel, to be honest.
Think it's mainly because so far the mission is focused around getting Anya to school. Would like more spotlight on Yoru x Twilight though.

Old 2019-06-03, 02:33   Link #30
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Think it's mainly because so far the mission is focused around getting Anya to school.
That's not excuse. We don't even get any cute moments between Yoru and Anya. Yoru is generally just sidelined.
Old 2019-06-03, 05:25   Link #31
James Rye

That's because Anya is scared of Yoru. Remember the broken ribs or the poison/weapons in her stuff Anya wanted to carry? XD
Old 2019-06-03, 22:18   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Regardless of the reason, the fact is she's pretty much a third wheel. Honestly, the manga might work better without her. The first chapter when it was just Twilight and Anya was the best after all. Their chemistry is just that good.
Old 2019-06-03, 22:35   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
RHonestly, the manga might work better without her.
Considering we're only like 6 chapters in, this strikes me as premature. We don't know what the author has planned for Yoru's place in the family yet.

Old 2019-06-04, 12:50   Link #34
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Considering we're only like 6 chapters in, this strikes me as premature.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm pretty good figuring out how a story will be just from the first few chapters though. But we'll see.
Old 2019-06-04, 12:52   Link #35
James Rye

Yeah, lets not forget that they are still a new and most importantly "fake" family. Anya would love for Yoru and Twilight to be her parents but both Yoru and Twilight know that there is much more to being a family or husband and wife than just an agreement our of convenience. Obviously both care about each other and most obviously they really care about Anya (like Yoru going on a mental killing spree to ensure she gets a place and Twilight seriously calling forth all secret agents to act as stand-ins for his daughter wish to be saved as a princess XD), so it is all a question of time and it is something that should not be rushed else it WILL feel fake.
And that's not what we readers want, we want this fake family to become a real family over time during Twilight's mission to get to that guy via his son. Which probably means Anya will on her own try to befriend said son once she hears who the target is and Twilight is troubled how to get closer to the father.^^
Old 2019-06-04, 12:54   Link #36
Kazu-kun

Well, the relationship between Twillight and Anya already feels real after only 6 chapters. It's just Yoru that doesn't fit in.
Old 2019-06-16, 10:22   Link #37
James Rye

Okay, cool. So the mission got even clearer. Befriending the son won't do it, because he gonna be the elite of the elite. So she gotta enter the Imperial Scholars for the mission to be a success for Twilight to meet his target. Meaning it is basically impossible as she got to gain 8 stars called Stellas for out-standing marks or contribute to society and avoid 8 thunders or Tonitrus else she gonna get expelled.
Jesus, what a harsh school. If I were Twilight and heard that mission briefing I'd lose all my hair on the spot. XD

Also for those who just complained about Yoru's relationship with Anya, the chapter had it as well with Yoru asking herself if she can't be more of a mother for Anya even if this is a fake family. Her wanting to cook for Anya and Twilight was cute but her dealing with the delinquents and shouting "I am her mother!" was badass! Never anger the Mama bear! xD

Anya in her Eden uniform was cute. As was her comforting Yoru when she felt down for not being a normal mom and telling her she is strong and cool and that "I wanna be like you, Ma!" was soooooo adorable~ <3
And now Anya is getting trained by the best assassin of the country as "preparation for school". Be on your guard, Eden, Anya is coming! XD
Old 2019-06-16, 10:44   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Such a great mother. I wonder if she'll succeed in passing her skills down to her daughter.

Also, how long is that mission going to last? Becoming an "imperial scholar" sounds like a crapshoot at best, and time consuming even if it does succeed.
Old 2019-06-16, 11:10   Link #39
Random14

Nice to see Twilight's superior, as well as hearing more details about the rest of his mission. Getting into the school is one thing, now meeting up with the country's leader is another.

Aw, Yoru's such a protective mother. Woe be to anyone who lays a hand on Anya while her parents are around. Though that still leaves school where she'll be by herself. Unless she can find a way to weaponize her cuteness. Otherwise, yeah, Twilight's got a lot of work ahead.
Old 2019-06-16, 19:18   Link #40
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's just Yoru that doesn't fit in.
*Yet*. Which, as we see in this latest chapter, they are taking it slow, but it's there with Yoru's own musings on the issue. Of course Yoru isn't going to be the best mom right off the bat, but she's definitely getting there especially after showing these thugs never to mess with Anya.

Yes Yoru, train Anya to become the greatest femme fatale the world has ever seen

Tags
action, spy thriller