AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-05, 02:37   Link #161
Grey

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
Old 2010-05-05, 08:13   Link #162
Kagekyuubi

Spoiler for 61:
Old 2010-05-06, 18:19   Link #163
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Chapter 50 was great, for the revelation of "Airspace Control: Babylon" and the appearance of Inkoman.

It's everyone's favorite superhero, bitches! The knights are screwed.
Old 2010-05-06, 19:27   Link #164
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I'm glad I stumbled across the chapter before reading this. It wouldn't have felt as great if I hadn't . . .

Chapter 50 was wow. I'm really feeling the desire to reread this from the beginning all at once. I love this manga.
Old 2010-05-06, 19:55   Link #165
Xical
Phantom User

I hope Transfade add some TN about each knight domain name.

Babylon => Celestial garden => ??

Edit: @ Sol Falling, Babylon refers to the ancient city of Mesopotamia famous for the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
The actual kanji for Yuuhi´s domain is 天の庭 (something like Celestial garden/yard) but the reading is marked as バビロン
(babiron) I dont know if this "Celestial garden" has any another meaning in Japanese, maybe in mythology, and all of the knight´s domains names are like this, kanji domain name with one meaning, but the reading marked with other meaning.

Last edited by Xical; 2010-05-06 at 21:48.
Old 2010-05-06, 21:07   Link #166
Sol Falling

lol. Anima was super sexy this chapter. It was kinda weird...she was always hot before, but I still never thought of her that way until now...

Does 'Babylon' have some sort of mythological connection to 'wisdom'? That's basically what I understood in terms of where the name came from. What does 'Celestial Garden' refer to--was that the kanji?

Inkoman, haha, wow. I actually don't precisely remember the incident the translator's note was talking about, though--that's why I'm rather grateful the note was there. Still, that's just one more little thing persistently poking me to reread this awesome manga.
Old 2010-05-06, 22:12   Link #167
Wrath88
Kissing...

Pretty smart of Yuuhi to come up with something like that. It's not as visible, plus with its ability to widen the gap between his and his enemies' movement, he can probably land a few good hits with it as an opening.
Old 2010-05-06, 23:43   Link #168
Grey

Insightful question by Yuuhi to Akitani! Asking him "when is it". Anima either has superb illusions, or she's doing crazy bending of time and life. Akitani was insightful too. His answer shows he's from a time before he died, but asking "How are the kids doing?" suggests that he knows the world has moved on without him.

Hoshi no Samidare really has some extreme outliers for characters. The world feels like it's mostly normal, but then there's Akitani who could see the future and lived for centuries. And then there's Anima and Animus. Hangetsu was a bit abnormal too.
Old 2010-05-07, 00:04   Link #169
Xacual

It shows that Yuuhi realized that the fight that Shinonome mentioned happening in his dream was what he had just done, despite the fact that for him it had happened months ago. So yeah I'd say Anima is pretty good at bending the world as she needs it, much like Animus.

Edit: Also an interesting thought I just had, did Shinonome decide to leave his skills to Yuuhi after having this "dream"? Also I missed it on my first read through but Yuuhi tells Shinonome not to save him even if he looks like he'll die during the next golem attack, which is exactly what happened after Shinonome told Yuuhi about the dream

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-05-07 at 00:24.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:02   Link #170
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Pretty smart of Yuuhi to come up with something like that. It's not as visible, plus with its ability to widen the gap between his and his enemies' movement, he can probably land a few good hits with it as an opening.
Hamurappi.

or however his name is written

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
"Stairway to Heaven" comes to mind when i look at that last pic =/
This might be a fight in the Time Chamber (or what´s it called again), in order for Yuuhi to gain SS. . .

you can never know D:
and damnstraight i was right with this assumption.

i mean, like literally
Old 2010-05-07, 03:06   Link #171
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Edit: Also an interesting thought I just had, did Shinonome decide to leave his skills to Yuuhi after having this "dream"? Also I missed it on my first read through but Yuuhi tells Shinonome not to save him even if he looks like he'll die during the next golem attack, which is exactly what happened after Shinonome told Yuuhi about the dream
Most likely, he can wish whenever he wants, right? Also Yuuhi thought that Shinonome is the guy who would save him anyways, which was what he did later on.
Quote:
Anima was super sexy this chapter.
Why did she have to take off the bunny suit?

Inkoman looks like one weird....thing 0_o I can't think of anyone being stronger than Magical Mary though, randomness and power beat any plan to the ground.
Old 2010-05-07, 04:19   Link #172
Kagekyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. Anima was super sexy this chapter. It was kinda weird...she was always hot before, but I still never thought of her that way until now...

Does 'Babylon' have some sort of mythological connection to 'wisdom'? That's basically what I understood in terms of where the name came from. What does 'Celestial Garden' refer to--was that the kanji?

Inkoman, haha, wow. I actually don't precisely remember the incident the translator's note was talking about, though--that's why I'm rather grateful the note was there. Still, that's just one more little thing persistently poking me to reread this awesome manga.
It was that chapter where Yuuhi brought Subaru and Yuki over to his house and Mikazuki called him a kidnapper.
Old 2010-05-07, 10:16   Link #173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Inkoman looks like one weird....thing 0_o I can't think of anyone being stronger than Magical Mary though, randomness and power beat any plan to the ground.
With the way hero's have been displayed in this story, i can see Inkoman being pretty damn strong. Great homage to the genre.
Old 2010-05-07, 11:47   Link #174
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
I hope Transfade add some TN about each knight domain name.

Babylon => Celestial garden => ??

Edit: @ Sol Falling, Babylon refers to the ancient city of Mesopotamia famous for the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
The actual kanji for Yuuhi´s domain is 天の庭 (something like Celestial garden/yard) but the reading is marked as バビロン
(babiron) I dont know if this "Celestial garden" has any another meaning in Japanese, maybe in mythology, and all of the knight´s domains names are like this, kanji domain name with one meaning, but the reading marked with other meaning.

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. One of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. Your post made me think of that.

Unfortunately, apparently they're called バビロンの空中庭園 in Japanese, which uses a less "heavenly" word for the "sky garden." It's probably still a reference though.
Old 2010-05-08, 01:56   Link #175
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hanging is meaning its suspended in the air, and the if you read the kanji as 'garden of the sky', you can see the connection.
Old 2010-05-09, 00:44   Link #176
Xacual

I probably shouldn't have but I found some translated chapters of 60 and 61. 51-59 need to come out faster so I can understand what took place in between!

Spoiler for Chapter 60:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-05-10, 22:06   Link #177
jin jin5000

Has the swordfish knight's identity been revealed yet :3
Old 2010-05-10, 22:16   Link #178
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin jin5000 View Post
Has the swordfish knight's identity been revealed yet :3
long time ago, yes, yes it has.
Old 2010-05-10, 22:18   Link #179
jin jin5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
long time ago, yes, yes it has.
wat is it?
I mean his real name or something
nothing mysterious? just guy who can see future? >_>
(doubts that one)
Old 2010-05-10, 22:45   Link #180
Xacual

He became a psychic in his childhood and then gained access to the akashic records so he learned everything there was to learn. So its not like he could see the future, the records just contain everything that ever was or will ever be.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, seinen