Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 19:53   Link #101
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Yay, volume 9 raws are out.

Looking at the raws, I have a question if anyone can answer me. Is there a new girl for every volume because it looks like there isn't one for volume 5 and the girl on vol 9 looks like Asai. Also,
Spoiler for Character appearance:
Volume 5 has two new girls, but no illustrations of them.

Spoiler for Volume 9:

Spoiler for Volume 10 Speculation:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 20:46   Link #102
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

So I just got into this series (finished volume 2 this morning). Like many others, it's because I read the manga first, and when I learned of the ligth novels being the original material, I went straight to reading them.

Suffice to say, I'm hooked.

I am very judgemental on what type of harem series do I read, for much of them of more of the same, with unlikable male protagonist, shallow stereotypes of female characters, and propension to put too much investement into useless fanservice instead of plot. As such, the use of a (NOT!)delinquent as the hero has always appealed to me, and a winning formula in my eyes (Toradora!, Haganai, manga Yamada and the Seven Witches, Fujuimura-kun Mates, etc.) That was what first attracted me to the series...

Eventually, as I would find out later, the story was just as good to reel its readers in. I don't know much about the author, but judging from what I read thus far, she definitely has much experience in a compelling character-driven story. Is it because she is a woman that the story is much better at romance than whatever ecchi, otaku pandering, nonsensical stuff I see being written by males nowadays?

And I didn't even know the Genji's parallels until they were pointed out on this thread, and it was a pleasant surprise to know, as I knew of the Tale only through Minamoto-Kun Monogatari and thus got a bad opinion of it (and judging from the comments, I was right to quit the manga early on). It makes the story more intriguing, as I look on the Wikipedia page, eager to find the references used in the novels, and wary of what is to come.

I talked about the protagonist, Koremitsu, earlier, for being able to stand out among Harem protagonist. I'm not even sure I can consider this series ''harem'', sure there is one, but without all the flashy and unecessary fanservice, it feels like being on a whole new category altogether. Anyway, it's entertaining seeing Koremitsu interact with the girls, the opposite of the supposedly ''average'' protagonist trying to make me believes he has no luck with girls, despite 8/10 having a childhood friend.

And don't get me started on perveted protagonists.

He has genuinely no experience with girls, or even experience in social interactions in general. Seeing a genuine loner/outcast trying to fit into a protagonist role is really refreshing.

Of course, his interactions with Hikaru are also the best parts. One of the main problems I have with Harem protags is how most of them have no male friends, for no reason at all. Seriously, I understand why those other classmates get angry if the guy hang out only around pretty girls. With Hikaru being a ghost, their eventual separation will be made the more tear jerky.

Anyway, an excellent series I will follow earnestly, looking forward to more.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 21:27   Link #103
@GEMC

what volume did rokujo appeared and what is his personality in the story
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 21:34   Link #104
finalfury
Incognito

Gonna have to prepare some tissues for this series.

This information is scary. >.>
Old 2014-01-14, 22:23   Link #105
ghost013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
Volume 5 has two new girls, but no illustrations of them.

Spoiler for Volume 9:

Spoiler for Volume 10 Speculation:
Wow, thank you for the information. I knew Rokujo was suppose to be crazy, but damn.

Some more questions on volume 9,
Spoiler for Vol. 9:

Spoiler for Vol. 10 speculation:
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:16   Link #106
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Wow, thank you for the information. I knew Rokujo was suppose to be crazy, but damn.

Some more questions on volume 9,
Spoiler for Vol. 9:

Spoiler for Vol. 10 speculation:
Spoiler for Answer to the best of my knowledge:

So for now we have,

Mikado Hikaru || Hikaru Genji
Akagi Koremitsu || Koremitsu (Hikaru Genji’s Assistant/Friend)
Shikibu Honoka || Murasaki Shikibu (Author of the Tale of Genji)
Saotome Aoi || Lady Aoi
Saiga Asai || Asagao
Shungo Tōjō || Tō no Chūjō (Hikaru Genji’s Brother-in-Law)
Kanai Yū || Yūgao
Wakagi Shioriko ''Shiiko''|| Wakamurasaki/Lady Murasaki
?Lady Rokujō?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-01-14 at 23:29.
Old 2014-01-15, 01:34   Link #107
Ragna666

So this light novel is basically like TWGOK? Akagi koremitsu is just like keima katsuragi conquering each girls in each vol making them fall for him?

-which are the girls that fall for him? though i only know that he was in love with the main girl on vol 2 sadly that she had to move to australia but return in vol 9 to do wad? let every girl know that Akagi is hers?
- what are the girls reaction when Akagi first love returns in vol 9?
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 05:02   Link #108
real123

I finished volume 2 and does akagi become yui boyfriend or not
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 09:57   Link #109
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
I finished volume 2 and does akagi become yui boyfriend or not
They broke up when she had to go to Australia.

As a side note, don't expect the series, from volume 3 onwards, to be romance-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna666 View Post
So this light novel is basically like TWGOK? Akagi koremitsu is just like keima katsuragi conquering each girls in each vol making them fall for him?

-which are the girls that fall for him? though i only know that he was in love with the main girl on vol 2 sadly that she had to move to australia but return in vol 9 to do wad? let every girl know that Akagi is hers?
- what are the girls reaction when Akagi first love returns in vol 9?
-Honoka, Yu, Aoi, Asai (and Shioriko, but she's underaged) and add a crossdresser are the main ones. The rest are at most affectionate with him
-The harem was gathered at Koremitsu's house when Koremitsu brought Yu to his house for dinner. It was a royal rumble.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 11:50   Link #110
Ragna666

What??? Asai??? Asai?? As in Asai the cold blooded girl who is the school president? How in the world did she fall for Akagi? What in the world did that guy do to make that cold blooded woman fall for Akagi??
Old 2014-01-15, 12:00   Link #111
Breimoon

Quote:
What??? Asai??? Asai?? As in Asai the cold blooded girl who is the school president? How in the world did she fall for Akagi? What in the world did that guy do to make that cold blooded woman fall for Akagi??

from what i get from the spoilers above
Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 12:16   Link #112
Saphirra

Quote:
I remember answering this question no less than 3 times already ), And don't say my Asa is a cold-blood girl, she's just a kuudere , just read vol 8 and you will know how dere she could become. But ... ah poor you, Asa, I know you wouldn't ever win this catfight but I still got my hope up until it's been crushed recently
Saphirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 12:27   Link #113
Ragna666

Haha my apologies lol since I only read the manga and vol 1 and 2 of the novel so I dun really know Asai personality towards Akagi only know she have abit of hate towards Akagi in the vol 1 novel.
Old 2014-01-15, 12:47   Link #114
Saphirra

Quote:
Haha my apologies lol since I only read the manga and vol 1 and 2 of the novel so I dun really know Asai personality towards Akagi only know she have abit of hate towards Akagi in the vol 1 novel.
Yes, at the start of the novel, she hated Koremitsu mostly because
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-01-15, 13:00   Link #115
Ragna666

Lol he claimed her position to be hikaru most important person it sounded like koremitsu and hikaru are having a gay relationship....so she chose a totally diffirent path amongst hikaru's girls is by hating koremitsu? Or her kuudere personality?
Old 2014-01-15, 13:18   Link #116
Saphirra

Spoiler for asa:
Old 2014-01-15, 13:41   Link #117
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
-The harem was gathered at Koremitsu's house when Koremitsu brought Yu to his house for dinner. It was a royal rumble.
translate that part first!

Also all these Asai's spoilers I was hoping to keep myself clean for at least about Asai's part but I just can't help it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 16:44   Link #118
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
As a side note, don't expect the series, from volume 3 onwards, to be romance-based.
So...comedy or drama driven (I feel like I know the answer already, just don't want to admit it) ?
Quote:
The rest are at most affectionate with him
Random question: does this include the class prez? Or does she at least improve her opinion of him?

Quote:

Great, now I want to go ''F*ck all'' on continuity, skip all the volumes and read that part directly.

Thanks a lot, Ping.
Old 2014-01-16, 00:09   Link #119
Saphirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

Random question: does this include the class prez? Or does she at least improve her opinion of him?
Asa, Aoi, Honoka, class rep, Shiiko. Is that enough for you.
Spoiler for Vol 6 epilogue:
Old 2014-01-16, 10:48   Link #120
Ragna666

i think the class rep is just affectionate with him.
wad about hiina from the news club?? is she part of the harem? or just affectionate with him also

Tags
delinquent, harem, healing, romance, tragedy