AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-01, 21:17   Link #501
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
People have been joking Fern is fat because she eats a lot (even wolfed down another burger in this ep)
I think that was just bread. It looked like a single bun and I didn't see any meat sandwiched there.

Quote:
This episode was marvelously executed. In the manga, Sein said right away that Gorilla asked him to become an adventurer 10 years ago, but here the timeline was left unclear, so when Sein revealed it had been 10 years since his friend left and he must be dead, it was quite the gut punch.
You're misremembering. Aside from slight differences in wording because of different translators, the original dialogue is otherwise the exact same.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-12-01 at 21:36.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 21:58   Link #502
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think that was just bread. It looked like a single bun and I didn't see any meat sandwiched there.
It is just bread. You can see a basket with other bread next to Frieren too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 22:24   Link #503
Wandering Soul

Frieren may technically fit the description of an older woman, but her body doesn't fit what Sein is looking for. At least she can take comfort in the fact that her technique seems to work on everyone, but him. It was even super effective on Fern.
Old 2023-12-01, 23:30   Link #504
Decel

Love how Fern seems so earnest when she said "Alcohol is the best medicine". I bet that in her eyes Heiter could do no wrong.

I love how tidbits of the history is sprinkled in every episode. Now we know that 500 years have passed between her time with Flame and the Hero's party. How many more millennia before she can effectively use her Master's secret seduction technique on your average men? Love that proud Anya pose!

The time window is really narrow with Stark compared to Fern who we saw grow for years -timewise- but I'm starting to feel like he's been the butt of jokes for a while, episodically speaking.

Finally, wondering how strong of a priest Sein is compared to Heiter. At this point it seems that he's more powerful, genius and all.

Last edited by Decel; 2023-12-01 at 23:47.
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 01:19   Link #505
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
The time window is really narrow with Stark compared to Fern who we saw grow for years -timewise- but I'm starting to feel like he's been the butt of jokes for a while, episodically speaking.
Because he's the most emotionally expressive of the group and his insecure personality is what leads him to overrreact and play into most jokes. It's not like Fern or Frieren are the type to shout or cry.
Old 2023-12-02, 05:02   Link #506
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Frieren may technically fit the description of an older woman, but her body doesn't fit what Sein is looking for. At least she can take comfort in the fact that her technique seems to work on everyone, but him. It was even super effective on Fern.
It feels more like her flying kiss(air kiss) works for the person who had feeling for her. The other members are just making clever jokes without enlightening her. It is more like Frieren doesn't fit the stereotype of "Big Sister" figure. In the old day, the oldest daughter has to shoulder some of mother's housework and child-rearing burden. In modern day, the "Big Sisters" can be used to address grown up girls. It can be an informal way to address a superior. A salesperson use the term to please an old lady customer. Maybe.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by scififan; 2023-12-02 at 05:17.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 07:30   Link #507
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I love how Frieren's seduction was considered OP by Stark, Fern, and Himmel . What a wicked woman !
Eisen wasn't affected but he called her a sinful woman too. You know, I'm pretty sure all four members of the hero's party were virgins. Himmel and Frieren definitely were, Heiter was a priest so he should have been one (but he was kind of a corrupt priest ), and Eisen doesn't seem like the type to be interested in romance.

Quote:
Love how Fern seems so earnest when she said "Alcohol is the best medicine". I bet that in her eyes Heiter could do no wrong.

I love how tidbits of the history is sprinkled in every episode. Now we know that 500 years have passed between her time with Flame and the Hero's party. How many more millennia before she can effectively use her Master's secret seduction technique on your average men? Love that proud Anya pose!
I kinda liked the manga better here because she looked really smug when she said that.

And you're mistaken. Flamme died 1000 years ago, Frieren spent the next 500 years training and fighting demons, and then just gave up until Himmel recruited her 500 years later. She still kept up her mana restriction training though, but I guess at that point it had become a habit.

Quote:

You're misremembering. Aside from slight differences in wording because of different translators, the original dialogue is otherwise the exact same.
Yeah, now that I'm taking a better look it's definitely just bread.

Guess I missed the "that was 10 years ago" line when I watched it. Probably glanced at my phone or something. The way Fern got Stark's stuff back was different though, wasn't it? She said the chief gave everything back to her for free but in the manga she actually had to buy them from a pawn shop (?) and only the axe was free.

Quote:
Because he's the most emotionally expressive of the group and his insecure personality is what leads him to overrreact and play into most jokes. It's not like Fern or Frieren are the type to shout or cry.
He's Zenitsu done right.
Old 2023-12-02, 10:13   Link #508
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Images
LOL at that Aura GIF! I actually want that as my thumbnail!

Quote:
And you're mistaken. Flamme died 1000 years ago, Frieren spent the next 500 years training and fighting demons, and then just gave up until Himmel recruited her 500 years later. She still kept up her mana restriction training though, but I guess at that point it had become a habit.
But Frieren is over 1000, so when she met Flamme she was below 100 years old?
Old 2023-12-02, 11:56   Link #509
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

We don't have an exact age on Frieren, I doubt even she knows her exact age.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 13:46   Link #510
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But Frieren is over 1000, so when she met Flamme she was below 100 years old?
None of the characters ages are directly stated or listed on any profile, so you just have to guess based on what's shown in the story.
For example, we just had Stark's 18th birthday in the last episode so we can deduce how old he was before based on that.

For Frieren, all we have to go on is that she told Aura that she's over 1000 years old, and that Lugner said that the barrier cast by Flamme was a millenium ago.
That's just a minimum, so we don't have any idea how old she was rescued by Flamme.
Old 2023-12-02, 15:38   Link #511
EroKing

Quote:
LOL at that Aura GIF! I actually want that as my thumbnail!
If you mean as an avatar, this the best I could do while in lazy mode.
Old 2023-12-02, 16:20   Link #512
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
If you mean as an avatar, this the best I could do while in lazy mode.
Thank you very much!
Old 2023-12-02, 20:35   Link #513
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Images
That Aura gif .
Quote:
Eisen wasn't affected but he called her a sinful woman too. You know, I'm pretty sure all four members of the hero's party were virgins. Himmel and Frieren definitely were, Heiter was a priest so he should have been one (but he was kind of a corrupt priest ), and Eisen doesn't seem like the type to be interested in romance.
Didn't Eisen say he lost his family to demons? I guess I assumed that might involve a wife and kid.
Old 2023-12-02, 21:56   Link #514
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Didn't Eisen say he lost his family to demons? I guess I assumed that might involve a wife and kid.
No, Heiter asked Eisen if the graves were his family, and all he answered was that his village was attacked by demons.

They could be his family, or they could be his close friends.
Old 2023-12-03, 07:27   Link #515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Family could also mean parents and/or siblings.
Old 2023-12-03, 10:35   Link #516
EroKing

Images

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Old 2023-12-03, 14:11   Link #517
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The way Fern got Stark's stuff back was different though, wasn't it? She said the chief gave everything back to her for free but in the manga she actually had to buy them from a pawn shop (?) and only the axe was free.
They never said it was from the chief.
Similar to the manga, Fern was going to buy back Stark's stuff (Frieren asked how much it cost), but the difference is that Fern said she got them all back for free because of the harvest festival instead of discounted. The seller was also indoors instead of a booth.
After that, the dialogue starts matching up again from Stark's "sad..." reaction.

The way they found Stark is also slightly different: they came to his rescue after hearing a scream, but in the manga they only went out to look for him after he was late returning back to the inn.
Old 2023-12-03, 16:34   Link #518
AC-Phoenix
Detective

"Someone take that child home."

Shots fired.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 19:18   Link #519
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sousou no Freiren. A Real Hero

The pacing is good, and up to now Frieren is fulfilling my expectations.

We got to story segments for the eleventh episode which let's explore more on the characters' past through memories, tales, or passages.

The first segment dealt that neither our attributes, skills, and what we have nor events makes us special, but it is the choices we make and the attitude we take to take action that tell about our character.

Himmel could not pull the Hero Sword, but that result in anyway did not discourage him to prove himself a hero and make good on his promise to eliminate the Demon King. Just because fate told him otherwise that he was deemed unworthy of the means to vanquish the evil, nonetheless, he went against that same fate in order to prove the opposite.

The second segment dealt with Fern not knowing what to give as a birthday present to Stark which prompted the latter to recount his childhood days.

The dissapointment he felt on himself at remembering having abandon his older brother when his village was attacked left Stark anxious and depressed, as he tried to sort out his inner demons.
It's not until Frieren prepared those big, hamburg steaks that the full memory picture triggered within Stark.

Eisen knows how to treat well his comrades, his disciples, and those who work with effort. In short, Stark fully recalled his brother cooking hamburg steaks as a token of love and appreciation for his little brother, and that he asked Stark to leave the village to keep him safe and alive.
This is able for Stark to finally reach resolution and peace with his brother and realizing Stoltz geniunely loved him.

Nothing beats a well cooked, big hamburg steak prepare with heart to unlock memories and fill the stomach.

Wondering if Eisen visited Stark's village a century ago and taught the townsfolk how to cook steaks as token of reward for working hard and putting in the effort.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 06:45   Link #520
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You can't spam those seduction spells just like that! The two kids weren't even the subjects but they nearly fall ko. Apparently, the author wrote an omake where Frieren tests it for the first time on her teacher.

Also, there are some really weird chibi shorts.

Tags
adventure, fantasy