Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-05, 23:39   Link #121
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spy X Family Season 2.

CODE XIII: Sis's Herb Tea

Personal Log: Dear diary I'm just aghast at how crazy creeps with sister complexes will endanger their health to such lengths by tasting ill-prepared food that would better serve as pesticide against cockroaches.

Another personal observation to take note is that self-medication may be another venue for self-deletion, particularly if one's sister prescribed it to you as a child with no medical expertise or knowledge whatsoever.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 12:00   Link #122
Frontier

The Forger Family managed to survive the cruise arc and now it's time for them to properly enjoy their vacation together as a family! Complete with Superhero Landing Anya and Yor dressed for vacation with her hair down !

Figures Loid would notice that Yor still had some swelling on her face, but they really got amazing mileage out of that marital squabble cover story. And despite engaging in an amazing and violent fight, they make it sound like the couple still stayed together !

Vacation montage complete with a new insert song! Highlights include Yor fearing for her life on a zipline, Yor being terrified of spiders, a horse going buck-wild with Yor, Loid's amazing sand-castle building skills, and Anya comparing Bond to a sheep while Yor recognizes how she must protect Anya's happiness...with death .

Well, it's not Yor in a bikini, but at least a covered swimwear let her get in the water with her family. We even got to see her hair in a bun! And she gets to go surfing with Anya and pushing her daughter a little too far with her strength but then Papa Loid gets to show off his stellar surfing skills to save the day! It always works out for the Forger Family .

Oh yeah, Yor has gone through several sleepless nights, no wonder she conked out next to Loid. As does Anya. And Loid princess carries Yor and Anya back to the ship like the terrific husband/father he really is deep down .

Is there anything sweeter than Bond reuniting with Anya ?

WISE may never know the truth of what happened on the cruise, but Operation: Vacation was a success...even if Sylvie knows Loid's number better than he does .

The Forger Family are back and it's time to give back souvenirs! Too bad Yor can never win with her co-workers .

I'm not surprised about the inside of Yuri's locker, his joy that Yor is back, or his distaste that it also means having to deal with Loidy .

I love Anya strolling in like a top tier ojou bragging about her cruise adventure...even though no one can out-ojou Becky and Anya's attempts to overcompensate end up making her look worse because she spins the assassins into octopeople. You should've stopped while you were barely ahead Anya! But at least Damian actually listened and only had eyes for you! Even if in your dream version of him he can't even say your family's last name right .

I love how the adults want to talk to Anya about lying but they're all liars so they have to hold themselves back...even though Anya knows full well about their lies and the great lengths they go to keep them. Which is why she knows they're more trouble than they're worth .

Next week: Becky and Nightfall !!!
Old 2023-12-09, 12:30   Link #123
scififan

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 13:50   Link #124
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
CODE XIII: Sis's Herb Tea

Personal Log: Dear diary I'm just aghast at how crazy creeps with sister complexes will endanger their health to such lengths by tasting ill-prepared food that would better serve as pesticide against cockroaches.

Another personal observation to take note is that self-medication may be another venue for self-deletion, particularly if one's sister prescribed it to you as a child with no medical expertise or knowledge whatsoever.
Well, provided that the tea's easily available as a teabag that's not being made or marketed by a Briar, I take that the recipe is actually a popular Ostanian recipe--and Yor, for once, made it normally.

Last edited by SamCurt; 2023-12-09 at 15:01.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 17:06   Link #125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Damn, this episode was moving along just fine, then Yuri had to show up. Immediate -2 when he arrives.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 17:40   Link #126
grecefar

this is great when it's all about the forgers.

anyway, great chapter and it seems becky will finally meet loid in the next chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 06:33   Link #127
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really liked this episode. The family enjoying the vacation was quite wholesome
Old 2023-12-11, 08:45   Link #128
magnuskn

*edit* Okay, for some reason it doesn't let me load the video. There's a SPY×FAMILY CODE: White trailer out on Youtube, which looks pretty rad. I presume it's a movie?
Old 2023-12-11, 10:51   Link #129
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yes, it is a movie coming this month. It is not the first PV for it. Here is the thread: https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=159036
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 11:11   Link #130
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
*edit* Okay, for some reason it doesn't let me load the video. There's a SPY×FAMILY CODE: White trailer out on Youtube, which looks pretty rad. I presume it's a movie?
Yes, that is the movie. And ironically also involves the Forger Family going on a vacation that spirals out of control .
Old 2023-12-11, 13:55   Link #131
magnuskn

Nice! Well, something else to look forward to.
Old 2023-12-16, 12:01   Link #132
Frontier

It's time for an episode focused on all the other girls crazily in love with Loid Forger, and Yor's rivals in love !

First off, Becky Blackbell! Who still gets all her relationship advice from Berlint in Love, her favorite soap opera, and who keeps a Forger family portrait just so she can see her precious Loid...and she can't help but invite herself into the Forger household to see him. She almost literally teleports over thanks to the power of love and being rich !

Martha is a former soldier? I wonder if we'll see that explored later ?

Yeah, showing your normal apartment to a rich girl went about as well as you'd expect They always think a room is either a closet or almost as big as their doghouse .

I have to admire how Becky has actually thought far enough ahead to being Anya's new mother, complete with giving her all the perks of having a rich mom. Anya can't deny the appeal of having world class chefs at her beck and call .

Classic SpyxFamily two-sided conversation! Loid gets chummy with Becky to learn about her family's business and her father, Becky just thinks he's interested in her and is trying to get to know her better personally and falls deeper and deeper into her delusional love. Meanwhile Anya is still just hoping the plan that ends up with the chefs goes through .

I love Anya trying to introduce Bond to Becky but she's only concerned about Loid. Also doing the whole "letting your hair down and throwing it around to show off" maneuever that just ends with both kids shaking their heads for seemingly no reason .

Ah yes, the old "I'm drunk and vulnerable" maneuver! Even though she only drank tea! And of course Yor freaks out and thinks she somehow gave a kid alcoholo poisoning and runs with Beck all across town to get her medical aid. Complete with getting hit by a car and leaving more damage on the car while sticking the landing after tossing Becky, parkouring across everything, and just in general doing typical Yor things .

Becky finally reveals the truth and, honestly, Yor is just happy that someone else loves Loid and appreciates him like she does, even if she can't quite admit it in the same way. And now Becky thinks Loid's type is strong women, which...well, it is the best type to have !

We all knew what was going to happen the moment Yor brought down the hammer. Good thing Becky overpaid the guy, he'll need that cash to fix his machine !

Now Becky has become Yor's new apprentice to learn to become strong to be worthy of her precious Loid! I'm sure this will lead to even deeper hijinks in the future !

Nightfall returns! And while Loid is away on vacay, Nightfall has been taking up all his workload and doing a great job of it, fighting and training her way to be the perfect partner for Twilight and someone who can best her nemesis Yor Briar! Even though Loid thinks instead that she just has something against him. But you can't hate a girl who skips merrily along while cheerily thinking how much she loves a guy !
Old 2023-12-16, 18:45   Link #133
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Martha is a former soldier? I wonder if we'll see that explored later ?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2023-12-16, 18:48   Link #134
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler for manga:
I noticed, but I am reading the manga, so I could not miss the
Spoiler:

They do have enough material for another 12-13 epidodes by now but I doubt we'll get S3 soon conidering that both studios are pretty busy and it is not some throwaway production.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 18:58   Link #135
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

These slice of life episodes are my favorites from this show. I lol'd when Yor actually got hit by a car and took it like a champ. Shouldn't be surprised at this point, though.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 19:10   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anya would throw Yor under the bus just to get better food. Ungrateful little peanut, she should be forced to eat Yor's food for a week as punishment! (if she manages to survive that long)

Becky's attempts to seduce Loid were hilarious.
Old 2023-12-16, 20:03   Link #137
grecefar

I'm sad that anya sold out for better food, such a funny chapter.

btw, has twitter bursted in flames for this chapter?, you know a little girl having a crush on a older man is a big no no.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 12:29   Link #138
Dj0rel
True Believer

I guess Becky learned this episode why they say "play stupid games win stupid prizes".
Old 2023-12-17, 16:53   Link #139
SamCurt

Was it me, but is the A'nya in Becky's fantasy a bit...derpy?
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 17:01   Link #140
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
Was it me, but is the A'nya in Becky's fantasy a bit...derpy?
Honestly that tracks for how Becky would see Anya .