Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-09, 22:54   Link #181
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Someone please. The Sword Maiden needs the "D" immediately, before all hope is lost .
Its actually pretty darn sad; kind of makes me think she has some fetish after her ordeal and wants to be ravaged like the goblins did her by GS. Being emotionally dependent to the one person who best cures your PTSD is one thing, but acting what I consider to be 'like a giddy schoolgirl' is another.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 16:48   Link #182
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Goblin Slayer II. Heart of Darkness

I'm overdue by the two weeks, but I know I can keep the pace.

From where I left off, GS party raided the fortress deep in the jungle to stop the blood curse from taking effect.

What called my attention the most was Priestess hesitancy. I think her thoughts dwelled within the darkness in her heart, that she consciously performed a miracle to give death to the goblin shaman, hence, her terrified reaction.
And, later at the wedding's banquet she pondered whether she still believes or not in the Earth Mother goddess.

The point I can interpret is that due to all the horrors Priestess is witnessing and has experienced, done by the Goblins, she's slowly (and may be or not realizing it) embracing a bit of cynicism confronting the harsh and unpleasant realities of her world.

But those were my two cents on the subject.

Now moving forward quickly with the next episode's review.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 17:26   Link #183
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Goblin Slayer II. Once There Was Youth, Now There Is Nothing At All

The episode opens up with a flashback back from the days when Sword Maiden used to be an adventurer; this is the same party featured for this season's opening.

Everyone will keep dealing with the demons of their past, and the Sword Maiden can never shake her inner horror and hatred for Goblins, so she personally went to see Goblin Slayer to recruit him as her bodyguard for an errand to cross the pathway from Water Town to the Capital.

The goblins did not dare an ambush upfront while the group were armed and prepared, so they opted for a night ambush. However, what the pesky critters did not know was that GS sense alerted him to be ready.

So, everyone in the party woke-up in time and ready their posts to welcome the wandering Goblins.

What intrigued me was this tribe bore clawed hand tattoos on their backs. Perhaps, they're working for a higher being, or it's a regional tribe sporting those marks.

Anyways, we have that the Sword Maiden has been fond of GS more than meets the eye ever since the first season, and she sometimes pulls out the cutest pouts whenever she sees GS interacting with other girls; Priestess is not far behind wanting for affection from GS either.

Now, back to the point, they managed to eradicate the goblins, and the party safely reaches the Capital which is graced with the King's visit in order for the monarch to solve a tax dispute.

The episode closed with Goblin Slayer lamenting he was never able to bring his sister to the Capital while marveling at the city for his first time visit.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 19:36   Link #184
Dark Wing

That princess is in for rude awaking...
Old 2023-12-10, 21:37   Link #185
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Someone please. The Sword Maiden needs the "D" immediately, before all hope is lost .
Are you waiting for someone to say just goblin? Because this looks like a deez nuts joke in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

I'm not gonna outright say this dumb princess deserves to get screwed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
That princess is in for rude awaking...

Then Goblin Slayer saves her, she becomes a second version of Sword Maiden, who wants to marry GS. However, this time GS can't refuse because she is the Royal Princess.

/Realistic outcome.

She is getting saved by GS, wants to marry him, but he flat out refuses and gets away with it.

----
I can't quite tell, because they too look far too similar...

Is that Noble Fencer from Goblin's Crown or a sharper eyed version of Guild Master who btw also uses a rapier, from Goblin Slayer Nightmare Feast?

My money goes to Noble Fencer, but they look too similar.

Both would kinda make sense to be there...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 22:33   Link #186
grecefar

It is the girl from the movie.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 23:55   Link #187
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It is the girl from the movie.
The comment makes no sense.

The girl had twin tails in the movie. Goblin put tattoo/stigma on her back for sacrifice ceremony. She was transferred to the sexy Archbishop, and her stigma was probably removed by some magic.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 04:52   Link #188
GDB

People can style their hair. Noble Fencer was name dropped as being the one to organize and support the training camps. This person spoke with the King regarding finances for the training camps. This person, like the Sword Maiden, threw dagger eyes at the guy who suggested sending newbies to fight goblins.

It's Noble Fencer, who is also the girl from the movie. Also, the image you posted of her from the movie doesn't have twin tails?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 05:33   Link #189
scififan

She HAD twintails. The hairstyle changes means something happened to the girl, at least in Japanese manga. In Ranma, Akane changed her hairstyle, as saying goodbye to her first love.

Images
Old 2023-12-11, 07:08   Link #190
Twi

That's what happens when content gets skipped. Too easy to get confused about stuff.
Old 2023-12-11, 10:30   Link #191
grecefar

Imagine say it's not the character because she change her hairstyle
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 18:11   Link #192
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
She HAD twintails. The hairstyle changes means something happened to the girl, at least in Japanese manga. In Ranma, Akane changed her hairstyle, as saying goodbye to her first love.
The first picture you posted she already had short hair. Do you think she got swapped with someone else within the movie who then pretended to be her or something? I'm not understanding how you not only think it's a different person, but how the comment you initially replied to "makes no sense"?
Old 2023-12-12, 03:10   Link #193
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yea, it's Noble Fencer again, now as a different class.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 03:39   Link #194
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The first picture you posted she already had short hair. Do you think she got swapped with someone else within the movie who then pretended to be her or something? I'm not understanding how you not only think it's a different person, but how the comment you initially replied to "makes no sense"?
I tried to confirm that we are talking about the same character.

Quote:
Is that Noble Fencer from Goblin's Crown or a sharper eyed version of Guild Master who btw also uses a rapier, from Goblin Slayer Nightmare Feast?
The sword doesn't look like a rapier to me.

The description of the girl in the movie is Reijo kenshi( 令嬢剣士/女商人). Reijo cannot be translated as noble directly; it is reserved for a lady, not a gentleman. Her description does not say her weapon is a rapier.
Quote:
She was the daughter of a famous aristocrat, but she grew tired of living a life full of constraints, so she took out her family's treasured sword, "light silver, forged with a thunder hammer rather than a red jewel,'' and became an adventurer. Since she has just become an adventurer, her rank is White Porcelain.
light silver(軽銀) is referred to aluminum.
Old 2023-12-12, 04:30   Link #195
GDB

So you're just being pedantic over her translated name instead of the actual discussion at hand? Got it.
Old 2023-12-12, 05:40   Link #196
scififan

Quote:
So you're just being pedantic over her translated name instead of the actual discussion at hand? Got it.
I know your are trolling. I still have to say the character description(since they don't have names) makes difference to the story.
Old 2023-12-12, 13:30   Link #197
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yea, it's Noble Fencer again, now as a different class.
Wait, she changed class?

Quote:
I tried to confirm that we are talking about the same character.

The sword doesn't look like a rapier to me.

The description of the girl in the movie is Reijo kenshi( 令嬢剣士/女商人). Reijo cannot be translated as noble directly; it is reserved for a lady, not a gentleman. Her description does not say her weapon is a rapier.

light silver(軽銀) is referred to aluminum.
YouTube
Most visible at 1:28

Not sure which part you are talking about, the sword thickness or the missing hand guard. If you are missing the hand guard, that one can be clearly seen at time stamp mentioned above.
Also, not all rapiers are basically look like flexible antennas. Some of them do indeed have a wider blade.

While longswords with hand guards do exist, they are comparably rare. The biggest hint towards it being a rapier though is the way Goblin Paladin is using it, as most of his attack are piercing strikes. The one slash we do see him make honestly looks more like an attempt to parry rather than a strike that could have wounded GS trough a plate.

Last but not least, I also think that the likelihood of a Japanese author knowing about rare longsword variants isn't thart high, and most spellblades also use rapiers.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 13:33   Link #198
Twi

Y'all are raising a fuss over nothing at this point.

The translation calls her Noble Fencer in her introductory Volume and afterwards its explained she changed jobs to be Noble Merchant, retiring from adventuring directly. She's a reoccurring character so there really isn't room for debate on this front.
Old 2023-12-12, 18:43   Link #199
GDB

Quote:
I know your are trolling. I still have to say the character description(since they don't have names) makes difference to the story.
The initial question was if it was Noble Fencer or the Guild Master. The response was "the girl from the movie", which is Noble Fencer. You said this makes no sense because she had twintails in the movie, and then posted a picture of her from the movie without twintails as proof. We literally see her cut her hair in the movie, so I don't understand why you're saying this can't be her because she used to have twintails.

Like Twi said, Noble Fencer is her official name (before changing to Noble Merchant).

You're the one not making sense here.
Old 2023-12-12, 22:13   Link #200
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

While longswords with hand guards do exist, they are comparably rare. The biggest hint towards it being a rapier though is the way Goblin Paladin is using it, as most of his attack are piercing strikes. The one slash we do see him make honestly looks more like an attempt to parry rather than a strike that could have wounded GS trough a plate.
The definition of online dictionary is "A rapier is a straight, two-edged sword with a narrow pointed blade, designed especially for thrusting." Even the sword in anime is not narrow, I will not disagree with your definition. What bothers me is the "attempt to parry" part. I took fencing class, so I recognize that Goblin Paladin is not a parrying sword. It is more like a random swing attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Y'all are raising a fuss over nothing at this point.

The translation calls her Noble Fencer in her introductory Volume and afterwards its explained she changed jobs to be Noble Merchant, retiring from adventuring directly. She's a reoccurring character so there really isn't room for debate on this front.
I watched translation in different language. I am not going to debate that questioning considering as debating, too. Translation in other language has distinct words for eiyuu and yuusha, which is relevant to the story. The English translation of eiyuu and yuusha have no one definitive agreement.

Quote:
The initial question was if it was Noble Fencer or the Guild Master. The response was "the girl from the movie", which is Noble Fencer. You said this makes no sense because she had twintails in the movie, and then posted a picture of her from the movie without twintails as proof. We literally see her cut her hair in the movie, so I don't understand why you're saying this can't be her because she used to have twintails.

Like Twi said, Noble Fencer is her official name (before changing to Noble Merchant).

You're the one not making sense here.
Not making sense is not because "she had twintails". It is just a description, while the discussion has a picture of girl surround surround by goblins. It seems the more I am trying to be more descriptive, the more you are trying to counter argue. So, I will input no more about this subject.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-12-12 at 22:28.