AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 10:59   Link #2041
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Not even Lelouch could do that, what makes you think Kallen can, the reason why Euphie resisted because it was against her character to do so and she hated it
I never bought Lelouch's explanation for Euphie's defiance. I don't think that it was because it was against her character to do so. If that were the case, neither of the people that Lelouch has ordered to die valued his or her life very much, Shirley didn't feel strongly enough about Lelouch to resist forgetting it all, Darlton wasn't loyal enough to refrain from taking his princess out. Nah, I would rather like to think that Lelouch needs to form resolve before he gives a command. "The power of persuasion". The Geass he put on Euphie was a mistake. He made a passing remark and was joking with her, he didn't even know that his Geass had activated. If someones voice behind you startles you and makes you spin around and your hand accidentally hits the owner of the voice in his face it won't inflict as much damage as an intentional punch in the face. I think this works in the same way. Unless Lelouch forms some resolve and knowingly delivers an order I suspect that the Geass won't carry enough persuasive power to fully alter the mind of the victim.

I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but this has been my take on what happened ever since Stage 23 aired.

(Oh my Geass... I'm soo off topic.)

Last edited by Meatrose; 2008-07-02 at 11:10.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:06   Link #2042
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I never bought Lelouch's explanation for Euphie's defiance. I don't think that it was because it was against her character to do so. If that were the case, neither of the people that Lelouch has ordered to die valued his or her life very much, Shirley didn't feel strongly enough about Lelouch to resist forgetting it all, Darlton wasn't loyal enough to refrain from taking his princess out. Nah, I would rather like to think that Lelouch needs to form resolve before he gives a command. "The power of persuasion". The Geass he put on Euphie was a mistake. He made a passing remark and was joking with her, he didn't even know that his Geass had activated. If someones voice behind you startles you and makes you spin around and your hand accidentally hits the owner of the voice in his face it won't inflict as much damage as an intentional punch in the face. I think this works in the same way. Unless Lelouch forms some resolve and knowingly delivers an order I suspect that the Geass won't carry enough persuasive power to fully alter the mind of the victim.

I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but this has been my take on what happened ever since Stage 23 aired.

(Oh my Geass... I'm soo off topic.)
Well his geass is very powerful so you may be right in this claim, I just thought that Euphie's will was strong enough to break it when it came down to Suzaku or she could of just been weak from the wound and the geass was also effected by it.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 14:01   Link #2043
DarkLordOfkichiku

With the theory going about that Kallen will be placed in Nunnally's care, perhaps even made part of her "staff" of sort for the time being - and that she'll be the one to save Nunnally's life from some danger/threat, how about this theory/scenario:

Kallen indeed comes under Nunnally's care and is more or less made part of her "staff" as such - but later in the story, Carline launches an assassination attempt on Nunnally, she herself being present when it happens. However, as it is Carline is killed by Kallen during it all or simply gets caught in the crossfire, is hit and dies as a result. In either case, Kallen is charged with Regicide and put on the execution block - and this time Nunnally can't save her even though she knows the truth - but that's when Lelouch launches his "Rescue Kallen"-plan...
Perhaps not too likely but perhaps...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 14:13   Link #2044
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if anyone wants to kill nanali
and doesnt use the OOBK ace pilot who just happens to be under her protection at the moment as a scapgoat
then they are not too bright
Old 2008-07-02, 15:04   Link #2045
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if anyone wants to kill nanali
and doesnt use the OOBK ace pilot who just happens to be under her protection at the moment as a scapgoat
then they are not too bright
Well, that's true enough; if something happens, I'd be surpised if no one even attempts to pin the blame on Kallen
Old 2008-07-02, 16:20   Link #2046
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its more likely kallen would be forced to take nanali and flee from those who would want her dead
and when they get cornerd thats when lulu would make his "damn big hero" moment an blast the enemy with the shinkiro multiblasterthingamajigy
Old 2008-07-02, 16:21   Link #2047
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
its more likely kallen would be forced to take nanali and flee from those who would want her dead
and when they get cornerd thats when lulu would make his "damn big hero" moment an blast the enemy with the shinkiro multiblasterthingamajigy
Well we'll see
Old 2008-07-02, 17:12   Link #2048
Mahmed

Quote:
Well we'll see
I invisioned a scene where Nunally is free falling and Kallen jumps after here. Kallen reaches out and catches her and activates her "Personal Mobile Float System" (I should remove 'mobile', sounds too gundam) she happens to be wearing on her back at the time because she is trying to escape herself. She activates her wings and takes to the skies then (typical reaction for anime crowd) a kid says "Mommy look, an angel!".

Well thats the most outrageous scenario I can think of. But I am guessing the writers want Kallen to be present when something happens to Nunally or they need to interact in some way to move a subplot. Kallen getting captured was most likely the only way to make that happen since Nunally doesnt go to school (being a governer and all) and Kallen cant go to school (Being the Ace and fighting battles)

But then again I am not the writer type where I have story in my head which I have to write down. I am more of a facilitator type such I would provide means to the director to do special effects, etc.
Mahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 17:26   Link #2049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

all im saying is kallen is the badass ace pilot action girl
for lulu to "save" her would need some pretty dire cercmstances
Old 2008-07-02, 17:35   Link #2050
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
all im saying is kallen is the badass ace pilot action girl
for lulu to "save" her would need some pretty dire cercmstances
if kallen is a badass then she needs to save herself
Old 2008-07-02, 18:06   Link #2051
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
if kallen is a badass then she needs to save herself
Ever heard the phrase "You can't do everything yourself" or "Some situations are just such that you need someone's help to do'em"?

Edit: And let's face it, it's usually Kallen that saves Lelouch, so a reversal of roles can be nice for a change
Old 2008-07-02, 18:08   Link #2052
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

he did vow to save her with his own hands
Old 2008-07-02, 18:15   Link #2053
Stretch5920

I'd rather see Kallen save herself.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 18:17   Link #2054
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I'd rather see Kallen save herself.
I don't see Kallen pulling off a James Bond.

No, it has to be simpler than that. Nunnally's visit was a "Captain Obvious" moment, but not many of us thought of that possibility.
Old 2008-07-02, 19:09   Link #2055
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmed View Post
I invisioned a scene where Nunally is free falling and Kallen jumps after here. Kallen reaches out and catches her and activates her "Personal Mobile Float System" (I should remove 'mobile', sounds too gundam) she happens to be wearing on her back at the time because she is trying to escape herself. She activates her wings and takes to the skies then (typical reaction for anime crowd) a kid says "Mommy look, an angel!".

Well thats the most outrageous scenario I can think of. But I am guessing the writers want Kallen to be present when something happens to Nunally or they need to interact in some way to move a subplot. Kallen getting captured was most likely the only way to make that happen since Nunally doesnt go to school (being a governer and all) and Kallen cant go to school (Being the Ace and fighting battles)

But then again I am not the writer type where I have story in my head which I have to write down. I am more of a facilitator type such I would provide means to the director to do special effects, etc.
Once again we'll see with all these speculations it'll be funny if none of them are even close to what anyone imagines
Old 2008-07-02, 19:56   Link #2056
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Once again we'll see with all these speculations it'll be funny if none of them are even close to what anyone imagines
Haha, well, that's probably true. I can't recall that anyone thought of the possiiblity that Nunnally would appear before Kallen like she did, so most were really surpised (pleasantly so though) when it happened. So it's possible that what'll actually happen - either way - will be completely different from our speculations..
Old 2008-07-02, 20:11   Link #2057
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I guess Sunrise can always surprise with choosing the most straightforward route all the time, and then we'll stop having conspiracy theories... Oh, who am I kidding?
Old 2008-07-02, 20:14   Link #2058
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I guess Sunrise can always surprise with choosing the most straightforward route all the time, and then we'll stop having conspiracy theories... Oh, who am I kidding?
Well, to be honest, they don't manage to trick/surpise us ALL the time - but sometimes they really do surpise us
Old 2008-07-02, 20:52   Link #2059
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
lol, what the hell else are we going to do for the week preceding the next episode. We might as well come up with some crazy speculations.
Old 2008-07-02, 20:56   Link #2060
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

In the realm of crazy speculations I was wondering if Kallen's father could play a role in her possibly giving up the Black Knights. I thought maybe he could say he made a big mistake with her mother and when she comes around, they could be one big happy family provided she quit the Black Knights and just help/stay with Nunnally. Not anything I'd like to see, but I wonder if they could go a similar route.