AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-24, 23:58   Link #1
xavier8200

Death of Suprnova

Well, to those of you who do not know what suprnov.org is about, this site basically lists torrents spanning from music to PC games to PS2 and Xbox games to Movies, anime, manga, TV shows and other goodies. This was one of my favorite sites and now unfortunately, the website is finished and never to return. This is a sad day for me because the majority of my downloading came from them.

This thread is for people who know what suprnova is and want to grieve the loss of this great site and for people who want to explain what exactly went wrong with the site because I am not sure. Maybe it was funding for the site, who knows.

Where are all of the good sites going? First anime.mircx then supernova.org, what's next???

Last edited by xavier8200; 2004-12-25 at 00:17.
Old 2004-12-25, 00:06   Link #2
Testing321

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
Maybe it was funding for the site, who knows.
Supernova was a heavy distributor of Dvd RIPS, bootlegs, warez, cracks, etc. The most likely explanation is that their ISP pulled the plug, so to speak...and was ordered to do so by the Dept. of Treasury, ASCAT, or a similar group.

A certain site whose name begins with the word "Box" will probably be next

Its sad to see them go. Its not exactly unexpected, however.
Old 2004-12-25, 00:29   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There's already another thread about the death of suprnova. (Search is your friend.) I could have merged them, but I'd rather close this one instead since we'd rather not encourage "grieving the loss" of that site.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-26, 01:20   Link #4
Cannonbeast

Question Suprnova's shutdown

undefined
I'm new here so i don't really know anything about the legal issues surrounding the downloading of anime with bittorent.
But one thing that has been nagging me, is the fact that suprnova.org has been shut down for good, will other corporations and organizations chase after sites like this one, animesuki?

Old 2004-12-26, 01:42   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonbeast
undefined
I'm new here so i don't really know anything about the legal issues surrounding the downloading of anime with bittorent.
But one thing that has been nagging me, is the fact that suprnova.org has been shut down for good, will other corporations and organizations chase after sites like this one, animesuki?

A precedent has allready been created with media Factory asking Animesuki to remove all their works. This act and it's consequences is being discussed in this thread
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25005
Old 2004-12-26, 02:58   Link #6
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonbeast
undefined

One big thing that Suprnova had against it was that it had links to software applications, music, and games in addition to anime. It had a much much bigger bullseye on it than sites like animesuki, hongfire, and tokyotosho have on them. Armies of Microsoft lawyers are much more scary than armies of ADV or Geneon lawyers are. There are however a few BT sites out there that are literally telling those companies to F-off, like this one.
Old 2004-12-26, 03:19   Link #7
FlyByNite

Oh wait, just kidding. We haven't, since the site in question is fully
legal. Unlike certain other countries, such as the one you're in, we have
sane copyright laws here. But we also have polar bears roaming the
streets and attacking people :-(.

lol...well I guess thanks to swedish copyright law animesuki needs to set-up shop there just in case...
Closed Thread