AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 19:40   Link #4081
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Now, I am really eager to see how can a perfect strike lose to Guaiz...XD
I guess coz Perfect Strike is (a lot) slower. I mean, look at all those arsenal!
Old 2012-08-25, 19:51   Link #4082
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I guess coz Perfect Strike is (a lot) slower. I mean, look at all those arsenal!
Maybe, but i am counting on Fukuda to give us a better explanation if he is planning to sell more of the perfect strike kit (I guess RG kit counts )

the remaster is pretty impressive. I remember Strike was a non-factor in the battle of orb and now at least Mu is swinging the sword against those big 3...but gotta say, I still like gundam seed very much after all these years....that is a very good show and it is reminding me again how that show got me hooked week after week back then
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:20   Link #4083
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

This is interesting.

It looks like Perfect Strike wil drop empty batteries while it's in operation.. Not sure why. What's the advantage? weight? But those battery packs don't look that heavy.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:25   Link #4084
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Every little bit counts. Plus its that much less to get hit.

That said... it's been brought up already.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:25   Link #4085
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
What's the advantage? weight? But those battery packs don't look that heavy.
Well there's a couple reasons it could eject used packs, but for the weight aspect, looking light is different from being light. Depending on what kind of batteries we're dealing they can get really have really fast. For the kind of batteries you'd need to reliably power a mobile suit... my best guess right now is a molten salt battery. And those things are heavy as hell.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:38   Link #4086
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Huh, maybe a motel salt battery is what all non-nuclear MS in SEED use.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 22:48   Link #4087
kaito-kid

Ok now I'm really interested in the Perfect strike model kit, especially the mechanism that holds everything together. At 21:07 in the Youtube video you can see that the cannon is rotated 90°, how does it work? And also how do you grab the sword and the canon when the wing is in the way?

But damn, this thing sure is packed! Beam cannon, anti ship sword, beam sabers, gun launcher, beam boomerang, claw, vulcan, even bigger vulcan.. Too bad it's a first generation MS, otherwise it can probably put up a good fight against the other strike variants or even the Impulse.

If Destiny gets a remaster treatment, I'd like Kira to pilot this MS instead of the Strike Rouge in that rescue mission. Maybe he can even take out the 20+ Zaft mobile suits without the Strike Freedom. J/K

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-25 at 23:09.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 23:01   Link #4088
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ok now I'm really interested in the Perfect strike model kit, especially the mechanism that holds everything together. At 21:07 in the Youtube video you can see that the cannon is rotated 90°, how does it work? And also how do you grab the sword and the canon when the wing is in the way?
The upper wings on the Aile Striker can fold downwards to allow access to the weaponry.

Quote:
ASS Sword
Anti-Ship Sword Sword?
Old 2012-08-25, 23:06   Link #4089
kaito-kid

My bad, "ASS" it is.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:11   Link #4090
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
IMO simple physics has never been the strongest point of SEED. There're more examples: like how can Justice’s flight-pack rest on its shoulders (through the head) without the pack’s cannons breaking its V-fin? (coz the gap between the cannon is smaller than the V-fin) I never saw Justice’s head turn right or left the moment before the flight-pack came down on its shoulders. Also, how can Strike’s jet thrusters functioning so well underwater when the original design was meant for atmospheric & space environment? With that same logic, Space-shuttle’s thrusters can also operate underwater just fine . And those are just two examples, so yeah.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:13   Link #4091
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... space-shuttle's thrusters operating underwater? When did we see that happening?
Old 2012-08-25, 23:19   Link #4092
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... space-shuttle's thrusters operating underwater? When did we see that happening?
You didn't get my point. I mentioned that as comparison of how impossible Strike's jet thruster functioning underwater (even under water pressure in the ocean to boot) is. That's like saying Space-Shuttle's thruster can operates just fine underwater.

"Impossible" as in real life. But Strike is in the anime world. So, simple physics might not work there.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:20   Link #4093
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I thought you might have been referring to Destiny with the Archangel being used underwater, as I remember it being specifically mentioned that the ship had been modified to allow for that.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:33   Link #4094
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, how can Strike’s jet thrusters functioning so well underwater when the original design was meant for atmospheric & space environment? With that same logic, Space-shuttle’s thrusters can also operate underwater just fine . And those are just two examples, so yeah.
As long as there's no contradiction, I think it's fine to accept that Strike's thruster is indeed capable of being used underwater. As far as I know, the only thing ever said to not work underwater in CE is regular beam weaponry.

It reminds me of a memorable scene from Endless Waltz.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 23:45   Link #4095
Destined_Fate

Rau's defeat and crushing Mwu is going to be the same. Maybe a bit more cashes but even the Perfect Strike is no match for Rau and his Providence. Not to mention that Mwu sacrifices himself anyway, there's nothing so far to show that the Perfect Strike can protect the Archangel like the Akatsuki can. So his fate leading into Destiny will remain the same. So too bad for those that hate Destiny, it's here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Isn't Kira x Lacus the most popular CE couple, followed by Athrun x Cagalli?

Also, Shinn x Luna came out of left field, made even funnier and heartwarming after Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto got married in 2011.
No, Athrun x Cagalli took a huge hit in Destiny and the fanbase fragmented to Athrun x Cagalli, Athrun x Lunamaria, Athrun x Meer, Athrun x Luna's sister, Athrun x Hawke Sisters, Athrun x Rey, Athrun x Shinn, and Athrun x Kira x Shinn x Shinn.

Kira and Lacus are still popular despite how detached their relationship appears. They haven't even been shown to kiss or sleep in the same bed. Even Shinn x Lunamaria and Athrun x Cagalli got their kiss scenes which the fans adored. I'm sure if they actually showed more relationship stuff between Kira and Lacus they would be even more popular.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 23:56   Link #4096
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
and Athrun x Kira x Shinn x Shinn.
W.T.F mate? ...How is that even possible? ...You just made that up didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kira and Lacus are still popular despite how detached their relationship appears. They haven't even been shown to kiss or sleep in the same bed. Even Shinn x Lunamaria and Athrun x Cagalli got their kiss scenes which the fans adored. I'm sure if they actually showed more relationship stuff between Kira and Lacus they would be even more popular.
Apparently their relationship is based on more than a kiss or a good ****. I can understand that.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:56   Link #4097
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A.k.a. girls are scary sometimes.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:59   Link #4098
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That's really the only reason any girl watches a Gundam series.

For the guys and head canon guy pairings.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-08-26 at 00:16.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 01:09   Link #4099
Destined_Fate

That's a very sexist remark, I suggest you check yourself. Plenty of girls watch Gundam for the mecha, that's like saying boys only watch Gundam for the boobs which is wrong.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 01:20   Link #4100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of course we do. Have you seen Murrue Ramius? I mean seriously, god damn.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep