AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 12:12   Link #1
Seek

Superpower/Action anime like One Piece/Hunter X Hunter/Naruto

So I love One Piece, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, and Fairy Tail but there's only one episode a week and I really need more anime like them to watch. I've also seen all of Bleach.

So there has to be super powers and great fighting/battles. What I love about the above anime is there's great character development too. You know everyone's abilities and you see them getting stronger. I love how they power up periodically, like when Luffy learned second and third gear, and later again masters haki. And how Naruto masters sage mode.

I also like that the main character is somehow destined for greatness, has a special ability to win over people's hearts, and has a special power or lineage. Like how Luffy is destined to become the pirate king (but not for selfish reasons), has conqueror's haki, and is Dragon's son.

Please suggest any anime that have the same feel that these do! I hope there are some out there
Seek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 13:40   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try Fairy Tail. I'm sure it fits your requests.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 13:42   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Fighting-Shounen anime are a lot out there. Here's some you might enjoy based on your criteria (not in order) :

D.Gray-man
Beelzebub
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fuuma no Kojiro
Street Fighter II V (series)
Flame of Recca
Basilisk
Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi
MAR
The Law of Ueki
Sengoku Basara
Rave
Black Cat
Kekkaishi
Busou Renkin
Claymore
Soul Eater
Shaman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Try Fairy Tail. I'm sure it fits your requests.
Umm...he already mentioned Fairy Tail in his opening post XD.
Old 2012-12-26, 13:44   Link #4
kitten320

So basically a shounen?

Well among ongoing series I would strongly recommend Magi. Beautiful art and memorable characters. Story and action get better as they progress and major character developments happen on the way.

If you don't mind something a bit robotic, you can try Accel World where series focus on special game that effects things in real life.
MC gains an ability that no one else had before. Great things are expected from him.

Ao no Exorcist - similar to Naruto where main hero is considered a loser and has dark powers hidden inside of him. In Naruto that was Kyubi. Everyone tries to keep a distance.

Berserk - no super powers but nice action scenes. Series are based in knight era and we get to see some epic battles and well planned strategies. Good character development and plot twist. I recommend to watch old anime series instead of new movies.

Claymore - female warriors that were created to fight demons. Just like Berserk these are darker series though main characters do have some special moves.

Code Geass - mecha series but with great story and unique MC who actually happens to be more of anti hero who wants to get revenge.

D.Gray Man - great action series with interesting cast of characters. It also is 103 episodes long.

Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Good action series with interesting cast of characters. F/Z is better than F/ST night but if you watch it first you'll kill all the enjoyment from F/ST night series. So I recommend to watch F/SN first. F/Z is a prequel.
Characters are fighting in a death tournament where a winner will get his/her wish fulfilled.

FMA and FMA: Brotherhood are one of the best action series with deep and well thoght out plot. MC is very likable just like many other characters. First season has anime original story while second follows the manga. First few episodes are very similar but then massive changes start to happen. They even have some different characters. I like both seasons but if by chance you won't like one of them, do try to check another one.

Inuyasha - older series about demons and other stuff. I personally lied it. It has a memorable cast where each character has a goal and a destiny.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - don't let the cute art deceive you. Story is darker and deeper than you think. Main heroine is meant to do great things. Every character has their own goal and way of reaching it. Some nice plot twists on the way.

Mai HiME - if you'll like MAdoka, you can check the following. It has very memorable character cast and nice action scenes. At first it is more of a comedy but as series go, plot starts to thicken. Set of girls are given super powers in order to fight monsters, but is it really their only purpose?

Mirai Nikki - no real superpowers but selected number of people get their hands on a phone that predicts future. All of them have to fight each other in order to become a new god.

Soul Eater - nice shounen with memorable character cast. A being of massive power is let free and main cast tries to seal it back.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - science VS magic, who is better? Everyone has their own unique abilities: lightning, teleportation, gravity, cancellation and etc.

Yu yu Hakusho - done by same creator as H x H and are the ones that inspired Kubo to create Bleach.

Hope some of them will be to your liking.
Old 2012-12-26, 14:35   Link #5
sayde

Prince of Tennis, seriously. It's super powered shonen tennis and it contains pretty much all the plot elements you described & seem to be looking for. If you can just get past the fact that its sports-based and the characters aren't trying to kill each other, its pretty fun stuff. And I don't even like tennis.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 14:37   Link #6
Seek

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ao no Exorcist, Magi, Toaru Majutsu no Index, and D.Gray Man sound interesting, I'll check them out.

F/SN and F/Z sound cool too. Reminds me of the tournament in Yu Yu Hakusho. I guess I should mention that I've seen (and liked, but not as much as the ones I mentioned in my original post):

Yu Yu Hakusho
Code Geass
FMA
Inuyasha
Soul Eater

I've been watching Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach for years and I could never find anything as good as them. Until I found Hunter x Hunter and Fairy Tail. Especially Hunter x Hunter (2011), it's awesome! Hopefully I'll find another anime as good.
Old 2012-12-26, 14:40   Link #7
Seek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Prince of Tennis, seriously. It's super powered shonen tennis and it contains pretty much all the plot elements you described & seem to be looking for. If you can just get past the fact that its sports-based and the characters aren't trying to kill each other, its pretty fun stuff. And I don't even like tennis.
Lol I'll try Prince of Tennis. I watched Hajime no Ippo (boxing based) for a while and it wasn't bad.
Old 2012-12-26, 14:44   Link #8
sayde

^^Nice. I liked Hajime no Ippo as well, despite the fact that I'm not too big on boxing either. So if you managed to enjoy that, you'll hopefully find Prince of Tennis worth the watch.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:01   Link #9
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

If I had to choose out of all of these, I would choose marchen awakens romance (MAR)
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 16:11   Link #10
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Kaze no Stigma is a serie I just recently finished, out of 10 I give it a 9. Contains magical powers with a real bad-ass main male character. Check it out!
Old 2013-01-02, 17:40   Link #11
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I'll throw in which seems to haven't been mentioned yet:

X (Clamp).
Two groups of people with supernatural powers battling it out to decide if the Earth should be brought down to ruins or if there's still yet hope for humanity.
Old 2013-01-03, 06:23   Link #12
Traece
:cool:

Scryed. Older show, but fits your bill. Although I believe it's a bit darker so maybe a little less out of your interests for the main character.

Can we just go really classic here? Dragon Ball Z. If for some reason you haven't seen it, let's just say it really needs no explanation as to why I recommend it.

Tales of the Abyss might fit in here as well. Actually, most Tales stuff kind of fits this bill, no?

Maaaaaaybe a nod to Tengen Toppa... but probably not.
Old 2013-01-16, 02:18   Link #13
Seek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Ao no Exorcist - similar to Naruto where main hero is considered a loser and has dark powers hidden inside of him. In Naruto that was Kyubi. Everyone tries to keep a distance.

D.Gray Man - great action series with interesting cast of characters. It also is 103 episodes long.
I watched all of Ao no Exorcist and D.Gray Man! They were great!

Ao no Exorcist was nicely fast paced, had cool fights, and a nice story. My only complaint is that it felt too short and incomplete. They really could have introduced many more characters (that's what I expected when they showed the ranking of exorcists) and had a fuller story. Other then that it was great!

D.Gray Man was slow and hard to get into at first. But then I looked up an episode guide and started skipping all the fillers (there were A LOT) and got into it . It got really good especially towards the end! But there wasn't a real ending. I hope they make a 2nd season!

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 2013-01-16, 02:21   Link #14
Seek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytonis View Post
Kaze no Stigma is a serie I just recently finished, out of 10 I give it a 9. Contains magical powers with a real bad-ass main male character. Check it out!
I've only watched two episodes of Kaze no Stigma so far but it looks like it'll be amazing!! Haven't been this excited to watch a new anime in a while (hope it doesn't disappoint). Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by Seek; 2013-01-17 at 23:30.