AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 21:18   Link #1501
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well this is spoiler from Haganai Connect, it's about Stella .
what happened in Connect that makes others think Sena isn't going to get picked?
Old 2013-03-05, 22:11   Link #1502
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
what happened in Connect that makes others think Sena isn't going to get picked?
Well, it's not only in Connect. It was also in volume 8. Read carefully what Kodaka said on page 241.
Yozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 23:43   Link #1503
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, because why should anyone give any reasoning for their claims?
Old 2013-03-05, 23:48   Link #1504
Yozora

I already did a breakdown on a Japanese website but it's a pain in the ass translating it. My English is not that good too. Here's my so called "proof" if you guys can read Japanese.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-03-06 at 08:08. Reason: Post it in english
Yozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 23:49   Link #1505
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not too good? Really? Because thus far you've talked in English pretty damn fluently.

Humor us with an attempt at translating your breakdown.
Old 2013-03-06, 00:33   Link #1506
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

On pg 73 of this thread you asked, "Do you guys want a breakdown of why it's not gonna happen?"

Very well, I asked you to give your breakdown since I am fairly certain that most of the arguments have already been mentioned before. This thread is already 76 pages long and nobody has been able to come up with conclusive evidence as to which character will or will not be the end girl. We all have our opinions and our beliefs of course, I myself think that Yozora has a slightly higher chance even though I really want Sena to win, but anything can happen in a rom-com light novel/manga due to the relatively greater influence that commercial factors have on the plot.

If you have this conclusive evidence that nobody here has thought of, then be my guest. Post that breakdown of yours.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:11   Link #1507
Sumeragi
Banned

I've read what he wrote, but I'll have to say that's pretty inconclusive.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:39   Link #1508
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

So basically because he thinks Sena is too amazing, it's perceived that Kodaka thinks he can't live up to her level = suddenly can't see Sena as a love interest?

If anything, pairing up Kodaka and Yozora because they're both 'fragile' and 'weak' is ridiculously insulting to the both of them. That's one of the saddest love stories ever, quite frankly.

Either way, ^yes, inconclusive for sure. I'm genuinely surprised you think that line is further proof that Sena is out of the running. Just because someone is 'far' doesn't mean you can't catch up to them. Similarly, just because he currently thinks she's too dazzling that he can't look her in the eye doesn't mean that won't change in the future.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:40   Link #1509
potchip

I'd say it's inclusive because this is based on a 'flaw' of Kodaka as a stumbling block for the Sena route - and whilst character flaws will not disappear in this show, they definately will not be the deciding factor in choosing the route. The whole build up has been around adding tension to characters so at breaking point they discharge the tension and create a defining, and unexpected 'event'. It is generally acknowledged Yozora has been charging for the past couple volumes. Whether that inevitable discharge result in an end event or not, remains to be seen.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 04:56   Link #1510
Aeshma

The author is planning to milk this series forever, so don´t expect it to end next volume or anything like that.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 05:02   Link #1511
novalysis

Considering we are actually supposedly one third of the way through, that suggests that the final girl is still up in the air. The story could easily evolve into the lines of getting into a relationship with someone far more talented than you, while seeing how it affects a fairly fragile and new circle of friends. The story could easily result in Sena crashing, another set of up in the air interactions, and someone else winning. It could be that Sena get's rejected in a fairly well done manner, that leaves a further confession down the line still on the table.

Rika could win at the end - this is quite believable, mind you, even if the same problem of getting into a relation of someone far "better" than you still crops up. Someone outside the Neighbor Club right now could even win! We haven't even seen Yukimura's story yet. And I suspect that Kate and Maria aren't nuns just as a random, unjustified detail that the writer threw in to add humor.

And I'm not sure whether Yozora wants a romantic relationship, or that of a renewed friendship. A Romantic relationship isn't exactly resetting back to the past....

Finally, we must remember the abysmal record of Childhood friends in this genre. That's not to say that Yozoroa can't buck that trend, but there are so many obstacles in both her personality, her desires and with how her target, Kodaka is that I think at this stage, Yozora is way more likely to get friendzoned, even if Sena crashes out of the picture.

In-fact, I wouldn't be surprise if everyone in the Neighbour's Club get's friendzoned by the end of Volume 11 or 12, for now. Will the club break if Kodaka makes that move? This is what Kodaka fears, I suspect. And, it seems that the Neighbour's Club might not be Kodaka's only friendship circle, indefinitely if the Student Council side plot goes anywhere.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 08:03   Link #1512
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Folks, please try to calm some. More posts will be deleted if things continue like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora
I already did a breakdown on a Japanese website but it's a pain in the ass translating it.
This is an english forum and all you posts must be in english.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:28   Link #1513
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora View Post
I already did a breakdown on a Japanese website but it's a pain in the ass translating it. My English is not that good too. Here's my so called "proof" if you guys can read Japanese.
Here's my translation: "I'm still not giving you guys the analysis you asked for"

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:54   Link #1514
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Here's my translation: "I'm still not giving you guys the analysis you asked for"
As noted above, I read what he wrote. It's basically a pretty far-fetched (as in overinterpreting) analysis of Kodaka's thoughts and jumping to conclusions.
Old 2013-03-06, 16:10   Link #1515
Johnny
Working the bags...

If someone claims they know the winning combination as to who the end girl will be. Will they also be so kindly to tell me the winning Powerball numbers drawing coming up. Otherwise I still say there's plenty of story left to tell and anyone of them is fair game. Hell, I think it be best for all to just go live at Sena's summer home and he can have them all, but that's just me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:18   Link #1516
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well this is spoiler from Haganai Connect, it's about Stella .
I'd like to add it wasn't just about Stella, there were short stories about the other Neighbour Club members' pasts as well. It fleshed out the characters quite a bit.

@ (AS forum user) Yozora's comments: Guys, just ignore him/her, the last time I posted in this thread asking him/her for proofs from the LN that support his/her views s/he hasn't replied. I'm inclined to believe s/he's letting his/her wishful thinking running rampant and ignoring anything from the LNs that doesn't fit his/her opinion. Anyone can spout shipping claims, that's fine, but I am offended when someone tries to argue LN canon supports them when in reality it does nothing of the sort.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:25   Link #1517
Sumeragi
Banned

Reminds me of mironicus.
Old 2013-03-06, 17:39   Link #1518
finalfury
Incognito

It's people like this that encourage me to support Yozora x Sena.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 19:27   Link #1519
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
It's people like this that encourage me to support Yozora x Sena.
I'm fairly sure that that one, at least, is out of the picture
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 20:12   Link #1520
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If someone claims they know the winning combination as to who the end girl will be. Will they also be so kindly to tell me the winning Powerball numbers drawing coming up. Otherwise I still say there's plenty of story left to tell and anyone of them is fair game. Hell, I think it be best for all to just go live at Sena's summer home and he can have them all, but that's just me...
In other words, the harem end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'd like to add it wasn't just about Stella, there were short stories about the other Neighbour Club members' pasts as well. It fleshed out the characters quite a bit.
Actually, I think I should have phrase that better and said " This is spoiler from Haganai Connect, but this spoiler only pertains to the Stella SS."or something that doesn't make it sound like the whole LN may be about Stella.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen