AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-07, 22:57   Link #1
TheGrinch

Comment: About Rock Lee and the Forest

Back in the episodes when the genins were in the forest of death, and Rock Lee help Sakura by fending off the sound genins. How come Rock didn't open any of the celestial gates?

He was saving someone who was valuble to him.Sakura)

He could have at least taken off the weights on his shoes, instead he got beat up by Dosu(sound guy), someone who is way weaker than him.

I bet he would have beat all of them if he had just taken off his weights.

Does anybody have a reason why he didn't take off his weights or open the gates?
TheGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 23:02   Link #2
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Oh yes but he did open at least the first gate, you will notice his voice changing right before he goes after dosu and does the lotus thing of his.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 23:16   Link #3
Merco
I like pie

Two things...

One... Lee probably figured he could take Dosu without any need to take off his weights. He is pretty fast even with the weights on.

and the other thing... If I remember right, during the Gaara fight, Lee made it a point to tell Gai after he told Lee to take the weights off "Gai-sensei... you told me I could only do 'that' if I was protecting many people precious to me".

... so there ya go.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 23:20   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good observation...I was wondering the same after I watched Rock Lee fight Gaara...Simple explantion would be animators wanted to introduce Sasuke with his new abilities and Lee was on the way...So they conveniently forgot about Lee's ability and let the sound-nin's have their way until new Sasuke's arrival..
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 23:26   Link #5
p3psi

yeah, he didnt remove his wieghts unless it he had nothing left, but like i said, go watch that episode again, and you will notice his vocie change drastically like it did when he opened the fifth gate against gaaaaaaaaaaaara.
Old 2003-11-08, 01:42   Link #6
Napoleon
120% Spirited

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
yeah, he didnt remove his wieghts unless it he had nothing left, but like i said, go watch that episode again, and you will notice his vocie change drastically like it did when he opened the fifth gate against gaaaaaaaaaaaara.
I thought when he opened the initail gate in the forest of death it was more the mixing of his vioce and that of Gai's. SOrta like finishing the sentence at once. I think this, because his voice didn't change when he opened the first gate for Sasuke and for Gaara. The only time his voice change is when there's a flashback of Gai telling him the requirements of opening the gates.
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 02:15   Link #7
p3psi

he changes his voice when he is about to the the lotus on dosu, and when he opens the 3rd gate on gaara, but i think you're right about it being mixed with gia, although i cant tell myself.

however, i thought it was necessary to open at least one gate to do the lotus in the first place.
Old 2003-11-08, 04:04   Link #8
digy

i think he didn't open the gates because he wanted to keep them secret...same with the weights....i think he trusted his teammates enough to save him if he is really in trouble....and i think he has to open the initial gate to do the initial lotus....meh
digy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 07:24   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Lee is fast enough with the weights on. He would have beaten any of the sound nins on Dosu's team one on one, but it's a lot harder when they're covering each other. You have to remember Lee was fighting 3 on one. His initial lotus would have beaten, if not killed, Dosu had Zaku not used his air slicer to turn the ground into a cushion. Dosu also hit him with his soundwave jutsu thing while Lee was still trying to recover from the lotus, so he couldn't do anything until his sense of balance returned. Further don't underestimate Dosu, he thought he had a chance to beat Gaara after seing him fight Lee. If not for Gaara's "other self" that probably would have been a good fight, though in the end the result would have been the same.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 10:54   Link #10
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Supposedly, Lee could have easily owned all three of the Sound nins. At least according to Neji. I believe he made a comment upon his arrival at the scene after Sasuke annihilated Zaku, along the lines of, "Lee Lost? He should have easily been able to handle those three." Then he noticed Sakura. "So he was distracted."

Basically, it's Sakura's fault.
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 09:46   Link #11
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

go watch the abriged series they tempted him with maple serup
Vizard.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 11:41   Link #12
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

Rock lee still would have lost. He can open every gate and took off the weights. He would have got his ass smack. No matter how fast his is, he ain't faster than sound! Remember the dude miss and it stiil hurt rock lee. all he have to do is tap that metal weapon and the macth would have been over.
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:24   Link #13
othafa

All of the sound nins' techiques were based on their reaction time. Rock Lee moves so fast without the leg weights that they would have each been unconscious before having the opportunity to react. The reason he decided not to use this techique was because, as Merco said above, Gai told him not to.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:26   Link #14
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Lee didn't use those because the gates powers him up for a short time. And after using them he would be exhausted in the Forest of Death. Oh and he didn't get Gai's permission .

And it was a long way from that point of the forest to the examination room.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote