Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 20:37   Link #561
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's the joke.
Ah~ Good then. After Sony and 2ch, I definitely wouldn't like Nintendo to go and use an account system and save information.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 02:55   Link #562
Sides

It is happening ! Taiko sequel coming to Wii U. Source: siliconera
For people, who don't know, the Wii taiko titles were relative successful on the Wii. For example the 5th Wii title is still within the top 40 charts, since it was released back in November 2012, and now tracking around 500k. It is not bad for a rhythm game of this kind, considering it is one for the few that survive over 10 years, anmd received annual revisions since the first game.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 13:26   Link #563
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~ Good then. After Sony and 2ch, I definitely wouldn't like Nintendo to go and use an account system and save information.
Why the hell wouldn't you want an account system? The only reason I even bought Fire Emblem was because Nintendo didn't print enough copies, was laughing at them going "look @ this FE digital sales", yeah no shit it sold alot you printed f all.

And yeah Phoenix Wright will be another because it's digital only, but no account system is dumb and from the stone age.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 18:21   Link #564
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Stone age? A little drastic. Nintendo hired the finest and best in the IT world (of North Korea). Yes, Nintendo's online service offers what you'd expect from people who know the ins and outs of internet services and technologies.*

*-Based upon North Korean levels of expertise (basically, 1994 internet tech)
Old 2013-09-29, 01:36   Link #565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Someone Has to Die In The Beautiful Melody Of Sin

Quote:
Stuck in a prison, they have 10 days to somehow complete the rules of the game or face execution. While that may sound simple enough (relatively speaking, of course), there’s more.

The game revolves around the kidnapped victims being split into two teams—jailers and prisoners. Amongst the prisoners, one a day is selected to be a killer. The killer’s job is to kill off a jailer, while the prisoners must figure out who the killer is and defeat him. If the killer somehow goes free, everyone else dies. (This kinda sounds like Danganronpa’s key cliché of “Who’s the murderer this time?” court moments)

If the prisoners or killers succeed at their task, everyone else walks free. The problem, of course, is that someone in the group inevitably has to bite it. Oh, and breaking the rules instantly gets everyone killed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:01   Link #566
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mm~... A port of a smartphone game?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-10-24, 00:44   Link #567
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

A bundle with NSMB U and Luigi U (both on disc [single disc]) is hitting North America for $300. Black Deluxe 32 GB Wii U.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...ario-u-luigi-u

Old 2013-12-29, 23:59   Link #568
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

New 32 GB Wii U for $250 at GameStop (US only)

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consol...uxe-set/104794

Not available online, but if you can find one at a store, I'm guessing the online price will mirror the brick and mortar price. 32 GB Deluxe Model, Nintendo Land SKU.
Old 2013-12-31, 18:27   Link #569
DarkSage

I cannot wait to get Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U! =) I went crazy when I saw the trailer lol.
DarkSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 04:33   Link #570
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think this post sums up best (or not really, but it's the newest example) how clueless Iwata and co are atm.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...0&postcount=34

He really needs to fall on his sword, I don't give a fuck that he was behind the Wii and DS, Krazy Ken was behind the PSX, PS2 and (I think) the PSP, yet the PS3 nearly killed Sony. He was replaced, shame Nintendo won't or can't do the same with Iwata.
Old 2014-02-06, 04:53   Link #571
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
With the rumors going around that Nintendo is already working on their next console... along with what went down with Iwata and the investors meeting afew days ago...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/3/5374...m-satoru-iwata

Personally, with how much money Nintendo has lost on the Wii U... I feel it'd be near impossible for them to earn it all back or break even with the Wii U... the things a money hole. What I feel should happen is Nintendo should indeed start working on a new console...but not completely give up on Wii U for now. Put out the games that you promised, maybe put some other games out to tide over those who DID buy a Wii U for a couple of years until you get this new console out. Thing is, if they DID just completely give up on Wii U... they'd be losing alot of people's trust... kinda like how SEGA and Dreamcast went.

Though, considering I don't own a Wii U and hated it from day one... I guess you could say my opinion is COMPLETELY bias... however, I DO feel the next console should be a hybrid off handheld/console.... y'know... more cross-play/features/exclusives...
Old 2014-02-06, 05:08   Link #572
Westlo
Lets be reality

Honestly Nintendo don't have enough studios to support the 3DS, Wii U and build a base of games for whatever is next. 2013 was a fantastic year for the 3DS, arguably one of the best years of software for any console/handheld and Nintendo were a major factor in that. But the Wii U really suffered, and on the flipside this year looks good enough for the Wii U (assuming nothing is pushed back) but the 3DS is pretty barebones.

It's like how Sony had a pretty weak effort on the Vita but had a lot of games for the ps3 swansong and "has" a lot in the works (though they seriously need to start showing and not telling) for the ps4, something has to give.
Old 2014-02-06, 05:12   Link #573
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... to be fair to Vita... it's atleast making more money than Wii U... considering when one gets bored, they DO have a variety of games to choose from on Vita's PSN to pick up just for something to do, even if they're all not the greatest stuff.... Wii U on the other hand...
Old 2014-02-07, 08:44   Link #574
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Honestly Nintendo don't have enough studios to support the 3DS, Wii U and build a base of games for whatever is next. 2013 was a fantastic year for the 3DS, arguably one of the best years of software for any console/handheld and Nintendo were a major factor in that. But the Wii U really suffered, and on the flipside this year looks good enough for the Wii U (assuming nothing is pushed back) but the 3DS is pretty barebones.

It's like how Sony had a pretty weak effort on the Vita but had a lot of games for the ps3 swansong and "has" a lot in the works (though they seriously need to start showing and not telling) for the ps4, something has to give.
I'd actually say there are a lot of 3ds games coming out... For example, (well... this might be a Wii U game but I kind of doubt it...) Majora's mask remake or sequel whatever that's been hinted all the time, like by the head creator of A Link between Worlds. There's bravely default which looks great. There is going to be the Pokemon version Z or whatever coming out eventually. There is going to be smash bros 3ds which should be amazing. In Japan, there's DQ Monsters 2 on 3ds. And there are other things of course.

But the point is that a lot of people want to develop for the 3ds because Streetpass is just such a good feature to have, and very slightly because of the 3-D.

There's also bravely default 2 which is in development and so on...

Personally, I actually like the Wii U even though I acknowledge that they should have had a better starting line-up of games--a much better one.

If third party developers had just decided to make Games on the Wii-U in the beginning, then this problem would have never happened. The wii u was badly hyped as soon as they started to decide not to make games for it so nintendo had to make its own games before the console would have any appeal at all and in the meantime people would think that developers think the console is bad. In reality, if developers had just made games, the nintendo wii u would have most likely been a modest success right now, and after the release of the high profile games it would have probably been much more popular this year.

But as it is, smash bros and Zelda wii u 2015 are going to sell Wii-u's. The other games might help a bit and the new Donkey Kong game looks amazing as well as Mario-kart wii u and the windwaker remake was great as well, but to be honest the wii u is only going to sell a lot more units once those two games come out...

Everyone likes either Melee, Brawl, or N64 version. I don't know anyone that dislikes all three of those games. Most competitive people prefer Melee while casual people like Brawl. I prefer Brawl even though I'm semi-competitive, but that's just because I like Peach more in Brawl...

Anyway, the new game is supposed to be well-balanced, have great wireless play, have some amazing animation, and be even more insane and fun than the previous installments with an excellent character cast, and more characters still being announced. I'm sure all of the hype from people when this comes out is going to flood consoles being released especially since Sakurai is making this and he's a God...

On the Zelda front, Wii u zelda is supposed to be as large a project as Skyrim/GTA 5 and it has the largest team nintendo has ever had for any game. On a side-note the legend of zelda creator wants to retire, but will not do it until he makes the perfect game. Therefore, he wants to make Zelda WII U literally a perfect game. It's supposed to be huge with dungeons taking hours (just the test dungeon they made was a forest with traps already larger than hyrule field...) they said they might be making some cool changes to parts of the series for this game and they're planning on including things like multiplayer and non-linearity.

All in all, this game sounds like it's going to make Ocarina of time/Majora's mask like they're outdated. So I'm sure it'll sell a lot of Wii U units as well.

I think that people are just butt-hurt that nintendo Wii U is not necessarily aimed at competitive gamers, even though that's apparently what Nintendo is "supposed" to do. Personally, I think E3 is going to be the start of the Wii U's success. Maybe it won't be very successful, but I think that it will be a success once the momentum starts going. People are just hearing bad things about Nintendo everywhere and so people are doubting things a little. But I think that this effort + the new health console they are doing will give them some chances for success.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 17:45   Link #575
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Bayonetta 2 story trailer.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 21:20   Link #576
Shadow5YA

I know the ancient Egyptian motif doesn't originate with Yu-Gi-Oh! but I couldn't help think of that kid as a stereotypical ghetto version of Yugi. He even has a Millennium Puzzle

Pokémon Battle Trozei is also more or less a Puzzle and Dragons clone.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 20:30   Link #577
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Sam's Club warehouse stores in North America are getting rid of Wii Us. They want to stop selling them and people are picking up units for $150, $100, and less than $100 since they just want to get rid of their stock.

See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775247
Old 2014-02-25, 21:39   Link #578
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Sam's Club warehouse stores in North America are getting rid of Wii Us. They want to stop selling them and people are picking up units for $150, $100, and less than $100 since they just want to get rid of their stock.

See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775247
Careful about spreading rumors, especially when your source doesn't say what you are saying it is saying

Old 2014-02-27, 04:57   Link #579
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not a rumor and liquidation of Wii U consoles has been common place in the UK so it's no suprise to see some US chains follow suit with this failure of a console. Not even the Gamecube was this bad....
Old 2014-08-26, 20:14   Link #580
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So... Mario Kart 8 DLC...

Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser, and more as DLC

Quote:
Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario's Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015
Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Tags
nintendo