AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 22:22   Link #6061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At that time period, the only rank that mattered was Knight of One. All of the others were pretty much of equal rank.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:46   Link #6062
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Personally, I didn't get why the had so many Knights.

Knight of Round in the Arthurian times had 12 people if I am not mistaken. Or was it seven...?

Eitherway, they had so much that yeah, it did not really matter.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:49   Link #6063
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Personally, I didn't get why the had so many Knights.

Knight of Round in the Arthurian times had 12 people if I am not mistaken. Or was it seven...?

Eitherway, they had so much that yeah, it did not really matter.
I think that there were 12 Knights of the Round in the Britannian Empire as well
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:51   Link #6064
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalFire View Post
I think that there were 12 Knights of the Round in the Britannian Empire as well
Yep, Monica was the Knight of 12, so we've got 12 Knights of the Round to match up with the 12 Knights of the Round Table. So it all works out.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:00   Link #6065
Paladinoras
Pancakes

I find it ironic that the Knights of Round are supposed to be these godlike group of pilots, yet they all fail epically.

In the end, only Gino and Anya survived, if I am not wrong. Bradley died, Bismarck died, the chick with the orange hair died, Suzaku poofed away...

Old 2009-09-14, 00:02   Link #6066
ImmortalFire

Quote:
I find it ironic that the Knights of Round are supposed to be these godlike group of pilots, yet they all fail epically.

In the end, only Gino and Anya survived, if I am not wrong. Bradley died, Bismarck died, the chick with the orange hair died, Suzaku poofed away...
Ha, most of them weren't very good. Monica and the other female KOR other than Anya got killed real easy and they hardly fought during the show. Bradley actually did pretty good, but he got killed by Kallen who is a waay better pilot then he. Same with Bismark, except he was killed by Suzaku.

Suzaku didnt really fail, since he was supposed to poof away.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:07   Link #6067
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nonette is forgotten as usual. Lol.

But the way I see it, the Knights of Round had no true opponents and thus grew complacent. There were no real threats to them until Kallen. And as it is, we do know they have skill, so long as they're allowed to show it. Bismarck, Gino, Anya, Suzaku, and Luciano all have skill that we've seen--Bismarck was able to fight Xing-ke to a standstill, Gino and Anya were both able to hold their own in battle even against Kallen, and Luciano combatively raped people up until he went up against the Devil of a Knightmare Frame piloted by one of the show's top two pilots.

Nonette, at the least, we can assume has skill. While we never see it, Cornelia is scared shitless of her, and we KNOW how good a pilot she is. Dorothea, despite being the throw-away character she was, we can give the benefit of the doubt to--she wasn't given a chance, I'm betting the Lancelot Albion was firing from a range Knightmares normally don't have. If anything, Monica is the only anomaly since instead of getting the fuck out of the way, she decided to shout Suzaku's name (and not even get to finish saying it). And judging by the time interval between Albion's appearance in front of her Knightmare and her destruction, she DID have time to attempt to dodge. At most, she would've lost her Knightmare's arm.
Old 2009-09-14, 02:47   Link #6068
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nonette is forgotten as usual. Lol.

But the way I see it, the Knights of Round had no true opponents and thus grew complacent. There were no real threats to them until Kallen. And as it is, we do know they have skill, so long as they're allowed to show it. Bismarck, Gino, Anya, Suzaku, and Luciano all have skill that we've seen--Bismarck was able to fight Xing-ke to a standstill, Gino and Anya were both able to hold their own in battle even against Kallen, and Luciano combatively raped people up until he went up against the Devil of a Knightmare Frame piloted by one of the show's top two pilots.

Nonette, at the least, we can assume has skill. While we never see it, Cornelia is scared shitless of her, and we KNOW how good a pilot she is. Dorothea, despite being the throw-away character she was, we can give the benefit of the doubt to--she wasn't given a chance, I'm betting the Lancelot Albion was firing from a range Knightmares normally don't have. If anything, Monica is the only anomaly since instead of getting the fuck out of the way, she decided to shout Suzaku's name (and not even get to finish saying it). And judging by the time interval between Albion's appearance in front of her Knightmare and her destruction, she DID have time to attempt to dodge. At most, she would've lost her Knightmare's arm.
Bismark actually had an advantage over Xing-ke
Gino and anya got curb stomped by kallen at the same time
despite that, gino has shown some skill against other opponents (xing-ke, gillford and jeremia)
anya on the other had, is a faux action girl who gets taken out in every single fight ever
luciano gets props for lasting as long as he did against the SEITEN, but he never stood a chance
the other fems never really had a chance to show what they had (a satherland cant hope to fight the old lancelot, and here they are up against the albion)
and while Nonette is someone who scares cornellia, there is no way to know if its her skill or her personality that does so

in total, the KoR had SOME skill, but not enough to justify the rep they get
part of it might be the lack of experience against real enemies of their caliber
they get super prototypes on par with the lancelot, and then spend all their time fighting mooks in the EU
and the first time ANY of the KoR ever faces a flight enabled enemy is when the guren gets the upgrade
Old 2009-09-14, 04:05   Link #6069
Charred Knight

Quote:

I just assumed that most of them got in by right of birth. I refuse to believe that those losers are the best pilots in Britannia. Except for Monica and Dorothea who got in because they slept with Charles. I don't even think being a nobleman can excuse letting in those two losers. I mean Jeremiah is clearly a better pilot than nearly all of them and even Tamaki is a better pilot than Monica and Dorothea.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 07:49   Link #6070
Paladinoras
Pancakes

The only Knight of Round who is decent is Bismarck.

Then again, he is the Knight of One... If he sucks, I would hate to think of how bad the other pilots are...

Anya is basically "BOOM, CANNON, FIRE". Awesome skill.

Gino is decent, but when against the top pilots of the show, he gets whooped easily, so prolly not yet top tier.

Orenji-kun falls into a totally different category..being able to take out a Knightmare with pure badassery alone.

Old 2009-09-14, 08:40   Link #6071
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
The only Knight of Round who is decent is Bismarck.

Then again, he is the Knight of One... If he sucks, I would hate to think of how bad the other pilots are...

Anya is basically "BOOM, CANNON, FIRE". Awesome skill.

Gino is decent, but when against the top pilots of the show, he gets whooped easily, so prolly not yet top tier.

Orenji-kun falls into a totally different category..being able to take out a Knightmare with pure badassery alone.
because the kamikaze attack and the cybernetic modefications are just for show
Old 2009-09-14, 09:20   Link #6072
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
because the kamikaze attack and the cybernetic modefications are just for show
Both are counted as part of his badassery.

Old 2009-09-14, 10:18   Link #6073
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What was Bismarck's advantage over Xingke again? He didn't use his geass (didn't really need to) and they both had overpowered Knightmares so they were pretty even.

Most of the rounds who actually get screen time are pretty good and when they're in the field they certainly make a difference. Monica is the rare exception since she seems to be a commander-type. Btw what's this that she slept with Charles?

Anyways, most of the knights are young which implies that the generation that put Charles in power retired, except for Bismarck who's still around. Most of them probably hadn't matured yet.

Either way, Rounds are no pushovers, Lady Marianne could probably take on Kallen and Suzaku together in a Sutherland and beat their ass. Her piloting skills are legendary, and she appeared to be cunning and ruthless like Lelouch, or rather Lelouch took after her in that department. A round isn't just a fighter, they also command armies so they have to be good at strategy and tactics. Both Kallen and Suzaku are great pilots, but they are nothing more than good pawns. They lack vision and that cunning intelligence to be a good commander.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:44   Link #6074
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

legands get exaggerated
and what little we did see about her piloting skills as anya is unimpressive
you keep forgetting that she was a pilot before KMF's were even at the glasgow level
how impressive could she have been, and against what kind of enemies did she fight ?
for all we know the ganimade was the lancelot of the 3rd gens

marianne's legand might well be about as accurate as the tales about her being a kind hearted loving woman and a good mother
and before someone says "she made bismark use his geass, keep in mind that at no point was she said to defeat it
all it means was that she was much better at piloting then bismark was, years before KMF's were even a real weapon (and long before he got the galahad)

as for the rounds being commanders and strategists
anya couldnt plan her way out of a papar bag
gino is a complete buffoon of the highest order
bradly actively kills his own troops
monica can only stand around slack jawed when ever something happens
and suzaku's strategic experiance as seen in ep 7 is pretty much "pew pew pew" until the enemy is sank
Old 2009-09-14, 11:07   Link #6075
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
legands get exaggerated
and what little we did see about her piloting skills as anya is unimpressive
you keep forgetting that she was a pilot before KMF's were even at the glasgow level
how impressive could she have been, and against what kind of enemies did she fight ?
for all we know the ganimade was the lancelot of the 3rd gens

marianne's legand might well be about as accurate as the tales about her being a kind hearted loving woman and a good mother
and before someone says "she made bismark use his geass, keep in mind that at no point was she said to defeat it
all it means was that she was much better at piloting then bismark was, years before KMF's were even a real weapon (and long before he got the galahad)

as for the rounds being commanders and strategists
anya couldnt plan her way out of a papar bag
gino is a complete buffoon of the highest order
bradly actively kills his own troops
monica can only stand around slack jawed when ever something happens
and suzaku's strategic experiance as seen in ep 7 is pretty much "pew pew pew" until the enemy is sank
Where we watching the same show? Because I specifically recall Anya let herself take damage from Galahad because she and CC needed an excuse to land and go into the cave and didn't have time to explain to Bismarck.

Anyways maybe she was just good at hand to hand fighting and dueling, and that translated into exceptional KMF piloting skills i.e Suzaku, or she was naturally good.

As for the Rounds, you seem to forget that they were good enough to subdue Europe, and the only person in the BKs who stood a chance was Kallen, who had the element of surprise and a better Knightmare than them.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:12   Link #6076
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Where we watching the same show? Because I specifically recall Anya let herself take damage from Galahad because she and CC needed an excuse to land and go into the cave and didn't have time to explain to Bismarck.
isnt anya suppose to be as good as she is because of marianne's skills ?
if so, then she's a very poor pilot

Quote:
As for the Rounds, you seem to forget that they were good enough to subdue Europe, and the only person in the BKs who stood a chance was Kallen, who had the element of surprise and a better Knightmare than them.
Europe uses mook units that make the glasgow seem powerful
the rounds by contrast pilot machines that are about on par with the lancelot in terms of tech (MVS, shields, hardon blasters, float units)
they have it easy in Europe
and the first time they go up against someone of kallen's she curb stomps both gino and anya on her way to suzaku
thats not impressive
Old 2009-09-14, 11:13   Link #6077
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Blah, blah, blah. In this show, the pilot's talent was covering only a 30% in combat. The rest was how much new the mecha he pilots was.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 11:22   Link #6078
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So anyway, I done heard through the grape vine that there's gonna be some kind of special Code Geass news in next month's Newtype. Here's the link.

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1472576.html

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but...well, you never know.
Heard this news on MSN (thanks C.C. !) minutes ago.

Completely missed it till now XD

Now I am hyped~~

My disenchantment pack is ready.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 11:38   Link #6079
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
isnt anya suppose to be as good as she is because of marianne's skills ?
if so, then she's a very poor pilot

Europe uses mook units that make the glasgow seem powerful
the rounds by contrast pilot machines that are about on par with the lancelot in terms of tech (MVS, shields, hardon blasters, float units)
they have it easy in Europe
and the first time they go up against someone of kallen's she curb stomps both gino and anya on her way to suzaku
thats not impressive
Ah I see, technological advantage only exists when it supports the point you're trying to make. When it doesn't you disregard it completely. Unfortunately you do both things at once in your post, so it's not like you're contradicting yourself later on, you're actually contradicting yourself in the same sort-of paragraph.

Kallen had the wide area radiation wave which disabled Gino and Anya's units, clearly a gimmick/tech advatange. How is using a gimmick to disable two rounds the same as curb stomping them?
Old 2009-09-14, 11:58   Link #6080
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Ah I see, technological advantage only exists when it supports the point you're trying to make. When it doesn't you disregard it completely. Unfortunately you do both things at once in your post, so it's not like you're contradicting yourself later on, you're actually contradicting yourself in the same sort-of paragraph.

Kallen had the wide area radiation wave which disabled Gino and Anya's units, clearly a gimmick/tech advatange. How is using a gimmick to disable two rounds the same as curb stomping them?
she does two flybys with them
once with gino who fires uses his rocket harkens and machine gun and once with anya who uses her hadron canon (remember what lelouch could do with the gawain)
both miss her completely (and anya gets stepped on)
and then she uses one of HER weapons to disable them

and bam, two of britannia's greatest pilots out of the fight in seconds
thats a curb stomp

P.S
what did you mean about the tech advantage only counting when it supports my point ?
you cant compare the difference between the guren and tristan to the one between the tristan and a panzer hammel