AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 23:19   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nakahara Mai is doing a great job as "Maria Kurenai." I've always liked her in moe roles, but I don't think I've ever heard her be as emotionally effective as she is here. The voice is chilling...and thrilling.

On the other hand, I thought I'd mention my uneasy feeling about Horie Yui as Yuki. There just seems to me to be something missing. She doesn't seem to me to match the seriousness and strength of Miyano Mamoru as Zero and Kishio Daisuke as Kaname. She is the centre of the show, and I'm enjoying the character, but I don't feel we're getting a full enough Yuki.

I love Hocchan in plenty of shows -- Manabi Straight, Otoboku, Kanon -- but I wonder if she's suited to this role.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:38   Link #22
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Horie-san always gives me the feel of a B-list seiyu. She may have some excellent roles, but to me, somehow, she didn't quite make it into the A-list.

Nakahara-san can spawn some surprises. I still have some problems getting used to the fact that her character in Gankutsuou is a guy.
Old 2008-06-13, 12:08   Link #23
iUseKira
Kira-user

Location: rusting train, kinda resembles an apartment -scratches head-
Send a message via Yahoo to iUseKira
I was--how do you put it--amazed when I found out it's Miyano Mamoru who's the seiyuu of Zero. It's a total reverse from his Suoh Tamaki role in Ouran. And I just recently (I pick up news very late) that he's Kiba in Wolf's Rain. He's very flexible as a voice actor and I'm really glad he's doing a wonderful job as Zero.

The voice actor of Kaname Kuran isn't as great. It doesn't fit Kaname's character. 'I thought it would be something sexier and hotter'. (At least that's what my lady cousin was complaining to me about.)

The seiyuu of Yuki Cross is bubbly. She also did Tohru Honda of Fruits Basket. I can't help but see the resemblance of the personalities of the two characters. -laughs- Horie loves voicing characters like that.
Old 2008-06-13, 12:44   Link #24
FrozenArctic
Live for What you Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iUseKira View Post
I was--how do you put it--amazed when I found out it's Miyano Mamoru who's the seiyuu of Zero. It's a total reverse from his Suoh Tamaki role in Ouran. And I just recently (I pick up news very late) that he's Kiba in Wolf's Rain. He's very flexible as a voice actor and I'm really glad he's doing a wonderful job as Zero.

The voice actor of Kaname Kuran isn't as great. It doesn't fit Kaname's character. 'I thought it would be something sexier and hotter'. (At least that's what my lady cousin was complaining to me about.)

The seiyuu of Yuki Cross is bubbly. She also did Tohru Honda of Fruits Basket. I can't help but see the resemblance of the personalities of the two characters. -laughs- Horie loves voicing characters like that.
I have to agree that the voicing of Kuran Kaname isn't all that great, but if they had made him too perfect, then Zero wouldn't stand out as much. I think the voicing for Yuuki is pretty good, it fits her personality and the way she acts. As for Zero, is it true that he also played Light from Death Note?
Old 2008-06-13, 12:48   Link #25
Razziell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenArctic View Post
As for Zero, is it true that he also played Light from Death Note?
Yes, that's right
Old 2008-06-13, 12:50   Link #26
FrozenArctic
Live for What you Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razziell22 View Post
Yes, that's right
^___^ Thank you~~
Old 2008-06-13, 21:46   Link #27
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenArctic View Post
As for Zero, is it true that he also played Light from Death Note?
Yes, and since Death Note replaced Ouran in its original timeslot back in Japan, it was quite a treat for Miyano-san's fans.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:54   Link #28
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Miyano Mamoru has such a soft, gentle voice. Perfect for the main character!
He was the voice of Light Yagami in Death Note, too XD