AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 04:16   Link #241
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol, laughed a lot @ 04, with how everyone yells every line, and reacts so surreal to everything.

For some reason I found the scene in Hong Kong funny when they just randomly decided they wanted to order rice porridge, and then Joestar just intrupts Abdol just before he orders, for some reason I just started laughing.

Also, the few callbacks to Joestar's adventure in arc two are always a treat.
Wasn't sure if also in the source, but I would imagine an Egyptian with the first name of Muhammad ordering something from a stall that sells pork and century egg porridge, has the potential to cause some outrage in some places. Luckily he was interrupted so we never know what he intends order.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 04:25   Link #242
hamazura
whatever

aw, Dio vs 3 bitches
Old 2014-04-26, 07:46   Link #243
Meltyred

Pretty nice that they included the callback to the previous part about Joseph and Planes, also heck yeah Polnareff's appearance.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 07:49   Link #244
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-28, 12:45   Link #245
supermegasonic

i haven't seen the previous jojo's (i mean the old one) so i was just wondering when that za warudo thing would show up (i just saw that scene). are we gonna see that this season?
Old 2014-04-28, 12:54   Link #246
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
i haven't seen the previous jojo's (i mean the old one) so i was just wondering when that za warudo thing would show up (i just saw that scene). are we gonna see that this season?
ZA WARUDO is the climax of Part 3. It's very far down the road. You gotta be patient, ride along and enjoy the journey. It's worth it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 13:09   Link #247
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
ZA WARUDO is the climax of Part 3. It's very far down the road. You gotta be patient, ride along and enjoy the journey. It's worth it.
ah ok thanks for the info. love this series, so glad my friend forced me to watch the first episode with part 1.
it seems like this trip to Egypt is gonna take a lot longer than it should. though if i had assassin's at ever block, yea i would go at a slower pace
Old 2014-04-28, 14:33   Link #248
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
You should watch the previous parts. Part 1 introduces Dio, who is a truly awesome villain, while part 2 has an awesome protagonist and is very strong throughout.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:17   Link #249
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
You should watch the previous parts. Part 1 introduces Dio, who is a truly awesome villain, while part 2 has an awesome protagonist and is very strong throughout.
sorry, i must have not said it correctly. the 1993 jojo and 2000 jojo I haven't seen, i've seen 2012 version with jonathen and joesph (which frankly, everyone should). from what i heard, the 2 early versions of jojo were from part 3, which were in right now.
Old 2014-04-28, 17:43   Link #250
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
sorry, i must have not said it correctly. the 1993 jojo and 2000 jojo I haven't seen, i've seen 2012 version with jonathen and joesph (which frankly, everyone should). from what i heard, the 2 early versions of jojo were from part 3, which were in right now.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

From what I heard the OVAs are an extremely compressed version of Stardust Crusaders, and I don't want the whole story and action spoiled for me so I'm not watching them until Part 3 is done airing.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:54   Link #251
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
From what I heard the OVAs are an extremely compressed version of Stardust Crusaders
To be specific, the first OVA series starts with everyone already together, and waiting in the middle of the Egyptian desert. The second OVA starts at the beginning, but gives the story a sort of "final battle" to end it with, THEN transitions... to the guys waiting in the middle of the desert.

Neither OVAs are as FABULOUS as the treatment David Production is currently giving us, and in fact one of the common complaints was how utterly serious it was, particularly the second OVA.
Old 2014-04-28, 20:21   Link #252
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
To be specific, the first OVA series starts with everyone already together, and waiting in the middle of the Egyptian desert. The second OVA starts at the beginning, but gives the story a sort of "final battle" to end it with, THEN transitions... to the guys waiting in the middle of the desert.

Neither OVAs are as FABULOUS as the treatment David Production is currently giving us, and in fact one of the common complaints was how utterly serious it was, particularly the second OVA.
To be fair, though, the Dio fight was fantastic in the OVAs. While the original OVAs were way too compressed and not as over-the-top, I will give it that the climax fight was just great and one of my favorites.
Old 2014-04-28, 23:55   Link #253
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
To be fair, though, the Dio fight was fantastic in the OVAs. While the original OVAs were way too compressed and not as over-the-top, I will give it that the climax fight was just great and one of my favorites.
OAV 3 of the 1990s OAV séries was INTENSE as fuck. I rewatch that épisode every week because I dont get enough of Kenji Utsumi (Raoh and Armstrong) performance.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:29   Link #254
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:28   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode featured one of the most fabulous and hardest Jojo pose to make:

This adaptation has been wonderful so far. The directing is just as excellent as in the first season, and they now have a budget worthy of Jojo. The fight in this episode was marvelously animated and beautifully drawn, making it the best episode so far. I hope they'll keep that up!

I like the small changes they made too (like Dio's bird). Makes the whole thing a bit more coherent.
Old 2014-05-02, 15:25   Link #256
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Whenever you need gap moe, just leave it to old Joseph

As the rest of the people have commented, I'm really liking the adaptation so far, and to be honest the pace hints that so far they don't plan on skipping anything. I really like the next couple of fights, so I'm pretty glad for that.

Oh, to add to the old OVAs discussion, the fight scenes are indeed pretty tight, and the voice acting and direction is good; so for what they covered they are pretty cool---- The thing is that the OVAs took out a lot of "bizarre" traits from the personality traits which made the series unique outside the fighting. For example Joseph on the OVAs has a too divine patience with the others and is too respectful. It doesn't feel like the Joseph from part 2 at all. If you see Joseph at this anime, you can tell that he is still the same old impertinent smart mouthed guy, deep down
Old 2014-05-02, 15:38   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By the way, the location the fight took place in, Tiger Balm Garden, doesn't exist anymore. They demolished it to create a residential area.
Old 2014-05-03, 02:13   Link #258
supermegasonic

Joesph doesn't like tentacles, that explains his hatred of japan.....
Old 2014-05-03, 02:27   Link #259
hamazura
whatever

dat polnarape pose defy physics law
Old 2014-05-03, 04:10   Link #260
Chosen_Hero

Just saw episode 5 and as always still fabulous in the manliest way possible.

Polnareff is a pretty interesting character and his stand is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode featured one of the most fabulous and hardest Jojo pose to make:

This adaptation has been wonderful so far. The directing is just as excellent as in the first season, and they now have a budget worthy of Jojo. The fight in this episode was marvelously animated and beautifully drawn, making it the best episode so far. I hope they'll keep that up!

I like the small changes they made too (like Dio's bird). Makes the whole thing a bit more coherent.
Dat laws of physic defying pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

Whenever you need gap moe, just leave it to old Joseph

As the rest of the people have commented, I'm really liking the adaptation so far, and to be honest the pace hints that so far they don't plan on skipping anything. I really like the next couple of fights, so I'm pretty glad for that.

Oh, to add to the old OVAs discussion, the fight scenes are indeed pretty tight, and the voice acting and direction is good; so for what they covered they are pretty cool---- The thing is that the OVAs took out a lot of "bizarre" traits from the personality traits which made the series unique outside the fighting. For example Joseph on the OVAs has a too divine patience with the others and is too respectful. It doesn't feel like the Joseph from part 2 at all. If you see Joseph at this anime, you can tell that he is still the same old impertinent smart mouthed guy, deep down
Joseph's reaction had me dying of laughter in that scene.

Tags
fabulous, shounen