AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-07-30, 10:27   Link #1
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Question New anime season recommendations

Hi.
So, of all the new animes this season whatīs looking good so far, and what should I avoid? I tend to like mature animes but will give anything decent a chance. I tend to dislike echi, fan service and all that jazz.

Iīm already watching and enjoying: Battery, Days and Arslan Senki S2.

Here are some animes that I tried but wonīt watch so I donīt waste your time:
Shokugeki no Soma S2 (Echi, fan service and S1 was just not appealing to me.)
Berserk 2016 ( As a manga reader I tried watching the first episode and just no.)
D.Gray-man Hallow (Never finished the first season, and to be honest it was super boring after like 40 episodes or more, so I wonīt be watching that either.)

Anyway I know some of you have great taste and most of the time you recommend me great stuff. Thanks in advance guys.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 12:19   Link #2
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

There are many good ones this season that are worth watching including Battery and Days. I actually forgot to watch Arslan Senki S1 so, I haven't seen S2.

If you like Days, you'll like Cheer Danishi. It somewhat gives you the same feeling that most sport animes give you. It's about boys who want to form an All-Men's Cheerleading team. It's well worth the watch.

Alderamin on the Sky: If you're into Fantasy and Military type animes, you'll love this. I honestly love this series and look forward to it.

Fukigen na Mononokean: School, Comedy, Shonen and Supernatural (i.e Yokai/demons) The plot in this one is unlike any I've seen and I really enjoy it.

Handa-Kun: If you enjoyed Barakamon, you might enjoy this one as it tells the tales of the MC in Barakamon when he was in high school. Honestly, it doesn't have the exact same feeling Barakamon had but it's a fun watch.

Servamp: I haven't watched a Vampire anime in quite some time but so far, so good. The action and comedy elements are interesting. To me, I think I need to watch a bit more.

Tales of Xestria: Fantasy and based on a video game. I've only seen one episode and it had me on the edge of my seat and wanting to watch more. (Which I'll do today) I definitely recommend this one.

91 Days: Setting takes place in the 80s or 90s (not sure), has lots of drama and mafia. It has me hooked and intrigued by the story line and where it'll lead. Most people would say that if you're into mafia and/ Baccano, this is your anime to watch.

Amaama to Inazuma : This one is a slice of life, has some comedy, a bit of school life and cooking. It's not mature but it's a light-hearted anime full of cuteness.

B-Project: I only recommend this if you're into Reverse-Harem, Bishonens and Music. It's similar to Uta no Prince Sama but I think I like this one a little more. It has a slight mature feeling to it compared to UtaPri.

ReLife: All the episodes for this anime were release at once. I've seen 4 eps and I love it. Slice of life, school, romance...what more can you ask for? It is mature since the story goes that the MC (an adult) is given the chance to relive his life as a 17 year old in high school. Definitely watch this one.

Time Travel Shoujo: The name says everything. It's about a girl who travels to past in search for her father. In the past, she meets historical figures like Benjamin Franklin. It's a slice of life, a bit of mystery, some comedy and if you don't mind learning about science, the past...it might be your cup of tea.

Orange: I have not seen a single episode mainly because I'm saving it. Romance anime tend to have drama and the like and this one is set in high school. I've heard praises for this anime as well as its manga so it's up to you to try it.

Taboo Tattoo: Haven't seen it so I can't say much about it.

ReWrite: Haven't seen it either.

What you should avoid (considering your preferences): Masou Gakuen HxH (has lots of ecchi)

That's about all that I know about the animes this season. Hope this helps and sorry about the length of this post. Heh.
Old 2016-07-30, 13:06   Link #3
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
There are many good ones this season that are worth watching including Battery and Days. I actually forgot to watch Arslan Senki S1 so, I haven't seen S2.

If you like Days, you'll like Cheer Danishi. It somewhat gives you the same feeling that most sport animes give you. It's about boys who want to form an All-Men's Cheerleading team. It's well worth the watch.

Alderamin on the Sky: If you're into Fantasy and Military type animes, you'll love this. I honestly love this series and look forward to it.

Fukigen na Mononokean: School, Comedy, Shonen and Supernatural (i.e Yokai/demons) The plot in this one is unlike any I've seen and I really enjoy it.

Handa-Kun: If you enjoyed Barakamon, you might enjoy this one as it tells the tales of the MC in Barakamon when he was in high school. Honestly, it doesn't have the exact same feeling Barakamon had but it's a fun watch.

Servamp: I haven't watched a Vampire anime in quite some time but so far, so good. The action and comedy elements are interesting. To me, I think I need to watch a bit more.

Tales of Xestria: Fantasy and based on a video game. I've only seen one episode and it had me on the edge of my seat and wanting to watch more. (Which I'll do today) I definitely recommend this one.

91 Days: Setting takes place in the 80s or 90s (not sure), has lots of drama and mafia. It has me hooked and intrigued by the story line and where it'll lead. Most people would say that if you're into mafia and/ Baccano, this is your anime to watch.

Amaama to Inazuma : This one is a slice of life, has some comedy, a bit of school life and cooking. It's not mature but it's a light-hearted anime full of cuteness.

B-Project: I only recommend this if you're into Reverse-Harem, Bishonens and Music. It's similar to Uta no Prince Sama but I think I like this one a little more. It has a slight mature feeling to it compared to UtaPri.

ReLife: All the episodes for this anime were release at once. I've seen 4 eps and I love it. Slice of life, school, romance...what more can you ask for? It is mature since the story goes that the MC (an adult) is given the chance to relive his life as a 17 year old in high school. Definitely watch this one.

Time Travel Shoujo: The name says everything. It's about a girl who travels to past in search for her father. In the past, she meets historical figures like Benjamin Franklin. It's a slice of life, a bit of mystery, some comedy and if you don't mind learning about science, the past...it might be your cup of tea.

Orange: I have not seen a single episode mainly because I'm saving it. Romance anime tend to have drama and the like and this one is set in high school. I've heard praises for this anime as well as its manga so it's up to you to try it.

Taboo Tattoo: Haven't seen it so I can't say much about it.

ReWrite: Haven't seen it either.

What you should avoid (considering your preferences): Masou Gakuen HxH (has lots of ecchi)

That's about all that I know about the animes this season. Hope this helps and sorry about the length of this post. Heh.
Thatīs actually really helpful, thank you very much.
91 Days and Cheer Danishi look good. Not really into cheerleading but will give it a try for sure.
Old 2016-07-30, 22:13   Link #4
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Thatīs actually really helpful, thank you very much.
91 Days and Cheer Danishi look good. Not really into cheerleading but will give it a try for sure.
You're very welcome. I thought so too about Cheer Danishi but my friend convinced me to try it and now, I like it.
Old 2016-07-31, 09:31   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think everyone should watch at least the first episode of Thunderbolt Fantasy to see some extraordinary artisans at the top of their game. I'd start with the first episode then go back and watch the first half of "episode zero" to look behind the scenes (the second half previews episode one).

I worried after the first episode that my interest would lag once watching the puppets and ogling the scenery became more commonplace. I told my friend it would all depend on whether Urobuchi's script could hold my attention. So far he's doing a fine job despite its silly premise.

Along with Arslan, I continue to follow Orange, Time Travel Girl, Alderamin, sweetness and lightning, Bananya, and Planetarian.

Of these, I'd say Planetarian is the best of the bunch for its contrast of optimism and melancholy. I'm sad the next episode is the last.

Alderamin appeals to me the way Arslan does, as mainstream adventure series.

For personal reasons I'm always a sucker for shows about single fathers raising daughters, so sweetness and lightning is right up my alley. I am getting a bit tired of the meal-of-the-week format, but the characters are appealing.

Time Travel Girl has been amusing. Moe Mari appears out of thin air in front of famous Western scientists and inventors wearing her sailor fuku. Every episode ends with a science lesson, though not at the level of Moyashimon's Microbe Theater Deluxe. I'm a bit concerned that the last episode was weaker than the first three, but every show has its ups and downs.

Bananya is silly, but only three minutes long, and I own a kitty.

Orange has an annoying but intriguing premise
Spoiler:
I'm not usually one for high-school romances, but I like the artwork, and Kanazawa has been quite good in the lead role.

I've watched a few episodes of 91 Days. Like my first experience with Baccano! I'm having a bit of trouble keeping track of all the cast, and so far, I don't care enough about any of them to motivate me to watch. I'll probably wait until there are half-a-dozen episodes or so, then try a marathon and see if that works any better.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2016-07-31 at 10:46.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 12:16   Link #6
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think everyone should watch at least the first episode of Thunderbolt Fantasy to see some extraordinary artisans at the top of their game. I'd start with the first episode then go back and watch the first half of "episode zero" to look behind the scenes (the second half previews episode one).

I worried after the first episode that my interest would lag once watching the puppets and ogling the scenery became more commonplace. I told my friend it would all depend on whether Urobuchi's script could hold my attention. So far he's doing a fine job despite its silly premise.

Along with Arslan, I continue to follow Orange, Time Travel Girl, Alderamin, sweetness and lightning, Bananya, and Planetarian.

Of these, I'd say Planetarian is the best of the bunch for its contrast of optimism and melancholy. I'm sad the next episode is the last.

Alderamin appeals to me the way Arslan does, as mainstream adventure series.

For personal reasons I'm always a sucker for shows about single fathers raising daughters, so sweetness and lightning is right up my alley. I am getting a bit tired of the meal-of-the-week format, but the characters are appealing.

Time Travel Girl has been amusing. Moe Mari appears out of thin air in front of famous Western scientists and inventors wearing her sailor fuku. Every episode ends with a science lesson, though not at the level of Moyashimon's Microbe Theater Deluxe. I'm a bit concerned that the last episode was weaker than the first three, but every show has its ups and downs.

Bananya is silly, but only three minutes long, and I own a kitty.

Orange has an annoying but intriguing premise
Spoiler:
I'm not usually one for high-school romances, but I like the artwork, and Kanazawa has been quite good in the lead role.

I've watched a few episodes of 91 Days. Like my first experience with Baccano! I'm having a bit of trouble keeping track of all the cast, and so far, I don't care enough about any of them to motivate me to watch. I'll probably wait until there are half-a-dozen episodes or so, then try a marathon and see if that works any better.
Wow, as always SeijiSensei spot on recommendations. I was actually waiting for you to show up. Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate you taking the time for this. I donīt really have the time or patience to watch through all new animes and you guys are always very helpful on Animesuki.
Have a nice day sir.
Old 2016-07-31, 14:16   Link #7
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
You're very welcome. I thought so too about Cheer Danishi but my friend convinced me to try it and now, I like it.
Male cheerleading hahaha, who would have thought it!? Iīm enyojing it.

Tags
new season anime, recommendations