AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 08:27   Link #21
silviachan

Italian version was quite good and well dubbed, we await now the Dokkan series. I'm so curious to see the grown-up Hanachan's version! She look so crazy!
Yes the series is aimed to young kids but still nice and funny (and I must say I LOVE the original songs!)
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 17:05   Link #22
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
'The designs are pretty so they appeal to girls, but the characters are very sexy so boys like them,' he said.
Seems the guys from 4Kids are a bunch of lolicon faddists who think their viewers will deem spaghetti-legs sexy.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:20   Link #23
bluemist
i am the mist

Well apparently, 4Kids never really did license Ojamajo Doremi. I think they opted for Tokyo Mew Mew instead.

Anyway Animesuki still lists Doremi as unlicensed, and in fact 'one' fansub has been released. You guys check it out. ONE EPISODE out of 200+ is already a GEM.
Old 2004-08-02, 00:09   Link #24
Lance

I think italian Doremi theme songs are pretty nice... Cristina D'Avena is a good singer.

Last edited by Lance; 2004-08-06 at 21:32.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 14:04   Link #25
Itlandm
Porcupine

I thoroughly enjoyed the one episode that has been fansubbed. I have to agree, though, that "sexy" does not enter into the equation. It was funny, though.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 22:22   Link #26
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
LOL yep Onpu is the best ^_^ I love doremi , yay thats too bad that guys look strange getting girls stuff such as that. But I'm a girl and I love Gundam Seed so 0_o LOL i dunno

LOL yep not sexy LOL they are 11 years old 0_o. Tokyo Mew Mew is hardly any better. Doremi wins that ^-^"
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 01:11   Link #27
Minky_Momo
Magic Princess

I saw Ojamajo Doremi in Taiwan
The opening and ending stayed the same with chinese sub
but they talk in chinese

I like the show
Minky_Momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 05:06   Link #28
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Thought I'd post somewhere pertinent (Like here) that the next episode of Doremi won't be available until October.

Read more info at http://fot.dyndns.org
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 05:13   Link #29
silviachan

Quote:
I think italian Doremi theme songs are pretty nice... Cristina D'Avena is a good singer.
Didn't know she was so famous!!
It depends, she did some nice jobs like Idol densetsu Eriko and Creamy Mami songs, but as for Italian Ojamajo songs... No match with the originals!!
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 21:27   Link #30
guenthar

They are currently releasing a 5th season in Japan called Ojamajo Doremi Naisho.
Old 2004-09-05, 01:09   Link #31
DFB

Send a message via AIM to DFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
Thought I'd post somewhere pertinent (Like here) that the next episode of Doremi won't be available until October.

Read more info at http://fot.dyndns.org
I can't access your site. It seems to be down. Anyways, please continue on the series. I feel it is quite neglected, especially when multiple fansubbing groups sub the same crap and should be focusing on this.
DFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 23:33   Link #32
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB
I can't access your site. It seems to be down. Anyways, please continue on the series. I feel it is quite neglected, especially when multiple fansubbing groups sub the same crap and should be focusing on this.
ya its sad that good shows get left behind while 50 people sub naruto
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 14:12   Link #33
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Hi everyone. Could you guys help me out on this one, please?

Is "Ojamajo Doremi 1st season" (from 1999) still licensed?

Is the 1st series the same as the one listed in animesuki under the name "Ojamajo Doremi #"? I don't know what the "#" stands for...

If it's not licensed, where to get the episodes from FoT or whoever?

After reading some earlier posts, I'm surprised the R2 DVDs have so much grain. "Ojamajo Doremi 1st season" is currently airing in Portugal (I saw ep 40 or something today) and the image is crisp, bright and very clean. (It looked so good I'm even recording it in VHS and I'm considering doing some video capture tests with it.)
Old 2005-12-23, 17:23   Link #34
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yes. The first season is licensed, and is being dubbed by 4kids and airs every saturday morning at 10 AM.

Ojamajo Doremi 1st season isn't listed on Animesuki, but the OAV Na-i-sho season is.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 21:00   Link #35
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug

After reading some earlier posts, I'm surprised the R2 DVDs have so much grain. "Ojamajo Doremi 1st season" is currently airing in Portugal (I saw ep 40 or something today) and the image is crisp, bright and very clean. (It looked so good I'm even recording it in VHS and I'm considering doing some video capture tests with it.)
Grain and dot crawl are two different things. Doremi should have zero grain since it was digitally animated (one of the first animes to be done mostly digital, I think). Dot crawl is a by product of poor transfer to DVD.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 21:15   Link #36
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Is the 1st series the same as the one listed in animesuki under the name "Ojamajo Doremi #"? I don't know what the "#" stands for...
# stands for "Sharp". Ojamajo Doremi Sharp is actually the second series.
Old 2005-12-23, 23:18   Link #37
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Someone subbed the Sharp season?! Oh wait, that's my group's Ojamajo Doremi # movie sub. It's good. Watch it!

Old 2005-12-24, 07:09   Link #38
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Thanks, everyone.
Old 2006-01-03, 23:28   Link #39
bluemist
i am the mist

It's rather amazing how everything seems to weave together in the world of Ojamajo Doremi. In the Motto Ojamajo Doremi movie, we see Aiko's reluctance to go into the water by the river. And then in Ojamajo Doremi Naisho, we even get a story about her trying to practice swimming even though she's not good at it! Very consistent characterization (for a 200+ episode series).

They never even leave supporting characters behind! I saw Hazuki's friend Yada in the very first season, then yet another story about him in the very latest season (Naisho ep. 11)!

Someone who could pay attention (and be able to watch everything Ojamajo Doremi) would eventually learn so much not only about the pretty witches (and their families), but also their classmates (and their respective families). And we're not talking about the witch world yet! I'm sure there would be lots more interesting characters in that world, with Hana-chan around.

Thinking about it, this entire Ojamajo Doremi series is nothing short of AWESOME! If only I can find more episodes to watch... someone please give me ALL those raws!

Last edited by bluemist; 2006-02-15 at 01:57.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 01:55   Link #40
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I'm glad you're liking it so far. Someone's doing all the eps... it's just coming a bit slowly. Season 1 episode 17 was just plain awesome, provided backstory on Hazuki and Yada's relationship. Oh, and Naisho 8 is coming very soon.

Ojamajo Doremi is awesome. That is fact.