AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 15:19   Link #2041
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So all he had as a basis was a parralel? I sure hope they don't use public transportation ever again, not if Riko is still on the loose.
Yes, he had that plus his hysteria mode helping him see the connection between what happened to his brother and what is happening to Aria. That's it. Stop making it seem like it's stupid and irrational.

I said it before but if you are going to complain this much over little details then you really should stop watching now. The stuff that happened here are pretty standard stuff for HnA.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:20   Link #2042
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Oh I see. So Hysteria mode by aruosal has an amazing amount of scientific explanation behind it?
That isn't the point. Hyseria Mode makes sense in the HnA universe setting. It is what it is, so criticizing it for that is pointless.

Quote:
Yes but they're not law enforcement They're juvenile mercernaries. And Aria didn't barge in.
Butei are basically treated about the same as law enforcement. They're government approved mercenaries, to use your terminology.

Quote:
So he's just like that then? Fine, if they go down that ruote and have Kinji realise what a worthless piece of shit he is atm (which seems to be the route they're going to go anyway) then fine.
Maybe he just froze, or he couldn't get there in time or whatever. Stuff happens.

Quote:
The more grounded in reality a story is, the more believable it is and thus the more it can be appreciated. I'm no culture alien. I'm aware that this show isn't meant for everyone, especially not me. That doesn't mean my opinion is worthless.
As long as a show can explain itself with it's own internal logic, it's all good. If you're just going to ignore that for the sake of bashing something you were never going to enjoy, it's pointless.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:21   Link #2043
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You do know why firing a gun in a plan is an extremely bad idea right? Inside an airplane, in particular those for commercial use are pressurized cabins, Airplanes are mostly made of Aluminum, bullets can and will more than likely puncture the craft. If the hole is made in the right spot it'll cause a massive vacuum that can literally tear the plane apart like a black hole.
... Well, if you are so confident about what you are saying, I won't bother making research and I will believe you.

I know what happens when there's a hole in a plane, but thinking that something lauched at the speed of sound can pierce it is really astounding. After all, there are cars that are bullet proof, It's hard for me to think that planes who are at the "climax" of actual ingineering can be downed like that.

About HSS, there are scientificals explanations, but they work only in HnA hehehehe.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:22   Link #2044
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
As long as a show can explain itself with it's own internal logic, it's all good. If you're just going to ignore that for the sake of bashing something you were never going to enjoy, it's pointless.
This.

At any rate, let's outline an explanation for Hysteria Savant Syndrome:

When one is aroused or excited, hormones, including adrenaline, is released ->

Massive amounts of endorphins and adrenaline leads to increased brain receptivity and other fun things ->

Not scientific, but scientific enough for a supernatural fiction world.

There, all better?

Anyways, if we're going to pick flaws over an imaginary condition: Why is it that superman can fly? That's impossible!
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:51   Link #2045
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
... Well, if you are so confident about what you are saying, I won't bother making research and I will believe you.

I know what happens when there's a hole in a plane, but thinking that something lauched at the speed of sound can pierce it is really astounding. After all, there are cars that are bullet proof, It's hard for me to think that planes who are at the "climax" of actual ingineering can be downed like that.

About HSS, there are scientificals explanations, but they work only in HnA hehehehe.
The "flesh" of commercial planes are made of Aluminum. The frame is of harder material, but Aluminum is not exactly iron or steel.

Anyway, about Hysteria Mode... it's kinda funny, cause typically when someone gets really horny they lose judgement and become clouded with lust, with Kinji's case it's the exact opposite
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:58   Link #2046
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Did the Butei Killer just attack using HAIR? How the hell does that work? My can hair move?
The hair did attack. It will be spoiler if I answer but do you remember what division Shirayuki is? she's fromm SSR though not sure on the acronym but it's a division that deals with supernatural or paranormal phenomenon.
Old 2011-05-06, 16:22   Link #2047
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yes, he had that plus his hysteria mode helping him see the connection between what happened to his brother and what is happening to Aria. That's it. Stop making it seem like it's stupid and irrational.
But it is stupid and irrational. The only parralel is the use of public transportation. Something that happenes all the time.

Quote:
I said it before but if you are going to complain this much over little details then you really should stop watching now. The stuff that happened here are pretty standard stuff for HnA.
No I'll carry on thanks. Despite being stupid i still find it watchable, and if you don't mind I think I'll define for myself what I find unwatchable. I don't know how you judge anime but I don't completely judge an anime worthless just because it's doing some things wrong. If that's what you do then that's fine, but I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That isn't the point. Hyseria Mode makes sense in the HnA universe setting. It is what it is, so criticizing it for that is pointless.
I said it's ridiculous, not that it doesn't make sense. There's plenty of things that can make sense by Internal logic and still be ridiculous/contrived/unbelievable. Most Deus Ex Machinas would fall into that category for example. If you think it's pointless then that's obviously your opinion and I can accept that. But what you don't seem to realise is that everyone has different levels of a Willing Suspension of Disbelief and different perspectives on how that's achieved.

Quote:
Butei are basically treated about the same as law enforcement. They're government approved mercenaries, to use your terminology.
The whole concept is ridiculous in the first place, but whatever.

Quote:
Maybe he just froze, or he couldn't get there in time or whatever. Stuff happens
Defintely not.

He didn't freeze because we clearly saw him move when it happened. He could get there is in time because his knife was inches from her neck.

Quote:
Like I said, that's your opinion. If you want to believe that kinda crap then I'm not gonna stop you. But if you seriously think I can just snap my fingers and change my entire lifesworth of perspective just to start seeing things from your point of view then you're deluding yourself. I believe External Consistency is important. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
This.

At any rate, let's outline an explanation for Hysteria Savant Syndrome:

When one is aroused or excited, hormones, including adrenaline, is released ->

Massive amounts of endorphins and adrenaline leads to increased brain receptivity and other fun things ->

Not scientific, but scientific enough for a supernatural fiction world.

There, all better?
You know what, that is good enough...if it was in the anime.

Quote:
Anyways, if we're going to pick flaws over an imaginary condition: Why is it that superman can fly? That's impossible!
Actually I do think that's stupid...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 16:26   Link #2048
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

In the process of dealing with it, sensei~

SSR stands for Supernatural Searching Research, to answer whoever asked that.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 16:28   Link #2049
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^That's a myth
Once again the MythBusters are on the job . But yeah definitely proved that shooting a gun inside a plane won't create that kind of disaster. Obviously have the normal dangers of close combat gun battles and fixing all the holes in the plane after that fight would take a while.
Old 2011-05-06, 16:29   Link #2050
Xacual

Quote:
No I'll carry on thanks. Despite being stupid i still find it watchable, and if you don't mind I think I'll define for myself what I find unwatchable. I don't know how you judge anime but I don't completely judge an anime worthless just because it's doing some things wrong. If that's what you do then that's fine, but I don't.
I'm just saying that you are taking a shounen action story way, way too seriously. You are saying the story is doing things wrong but that's only by your opinion. Everything makes sense in universe just because you refuse to see it doesn't make it true.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-06, 16:32   Link #2051
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ok this just one strange plot-twist... I was sitting here thinking: "Oh rly?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
also, they're using gunkata. badass.
This was strange too, I totaly disliked it for some reason... You can give me Preston doing gun-kata everyday... I also thought it was cool in School Rumble and Grenadier, but this time I thought it was... bleh...
Old 2011-05-06, 16:33   Link #2052
maplehurry

Kinji should've just ditched Aria and gets together with Riko...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 16:36   Link #2053
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Superman isn't human in the first place. He's an alien from Krypton. So apparently Kryptonians can fly.~

Seriously though, a lot of fictional stuff is stupid when brought to terms with reality, but you just gotta cut-loose and just enjoy it.
Old 2011-05-06, 16:38   Link #2054
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm just saying that you are taking a shounen action story way, way too seriously. You are saying the story is doing things wrong but that's only by your opinion. Everything makes sense in universe just because you refuse to see it doesn't make it true.
And I don't think I am.
And? Is there's something wrong with having the opinion that something is being done wrong?
I said it's ridiculous, not that it doesn't make sense. There's plenty of things that can make sense by Internal logic and still be ridiculous/contrived/unbelievable. Most Deus Ex Machinas would fall into that category for example. If you think it's pointless then that's obviously your opinion and I can accept that. But what you don't seem to realise is that everyone has different levels of a Willing Suspension of Disbelief and different perspectives on how that's achieved.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 16:43   Link #2055
Xacual

Quote:
And I don't think I am.
And? Is there's something wrong with having the opinion that something is being done wrong?
Were the colors necessary? Maybe it's just me but you are coming across as your opinion being the only right one. Saying you don't disagree with something is fine but saying it's just wrong feels different to me. Anyway I feel like I'm now arguing for the sake of arguing so not going to touch this anymore.

Old 2011-05-06, 16:49   Link #2056
Velsy

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 16:52   Link #2057
Zakoo

Buteis don't kill. Article nine I believe.
Article for buteis are like the sacred book, if you don't follow them, you are not a butei anymore.

Damn I don't even know if it's said in the anime or not ...
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 17:00   Link #2058
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Kinji should've just ditched Aria and gets together with Riko...
Well I'm pretty sure the moment she murdered his brother it kind of hurt the possibility of a long term relationship there .
Old 2011-05-06, 17:21   Link #2059
Miraluka
Banned

Rather than cool the fight was kind funny:
Spoiler for lol:

Zenigata is twisting on his bed at this .

The press is annoying as usual, btw, isn't that guy a main character from Bakuman?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-06 at 19:17.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 17:30   Link #2060
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
THAT WAS BAT-SHIT CRAZY!!

Spoiler for Episode 04:

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere