Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 03:17   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
-Totoro pic was here-
I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. I should really rewatch it, someday. I actually watched Princess Sara as well but that was when I was a kid so I don't remember anything at all. When I hear "Ocarina", all I can think about is Zelda
Old 2010-10-07, 14:07   Link #82
Blaat

Can't believe I missed this series (a Satou Junichi series even!) until now. It's giving me Aria vibes all the way, which is, of course, a good thing.

Another thing I have to note that it's refreshing to see a normal sibling relation in an anime.

I also like to brag that I did recognize Hazuki Erino, only because her 'ehhhh' still sounded the same. The voice she used during the conversation was really different then I'm used of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When I hear "Ocarina", all I can think about is Zelda
I admit when I saw the ocarina in episode 2 I was wondering if the character was about to go through time.
Old 2010-10-07, 14:11   Link #83
wingman32x

Good episode. This is such a relaxing series. Fuu's reaction upon seeing the professional photographer was very cute. The pro photographer was also really cute. This series is just cute lol .
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 14:12   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hazuki Erino was terrific. Not really knowing her work, I didn't recognize her voice, but I went straight to the end credits to find out who that was.
Have you not seen Aria?
Old 2010-10-14, 04:54   Link #85
Joojoobees

I'm liking it. I wish it was going to be more than only four episodes, though.
Old 2010-10-14, 11:23   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Taketatsu Ayana (Fuu) was made mayor for a day of the town of Takehara, where the anime is set. I've made a blog post, with lots of photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Have you not seen Aria?
Strangely, I didn't enjoy it enough to watch very much.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 12:40   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Strangely, I didn't enjoy it enough to watch very much.
I am 100% shocked and .
Old 2010-10-14, 15:18   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I am 100% shocked and .
Me too

You should think about giving it a second chance, Kaoru. Of course that depends on much of it you've watched, if you finished the first season and didn't enjoy it, I guess it's simply not for you. These kind of things happen.
Old 2010-10-14, 15:35   Link #89
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Me too You should think about giving it a second chance, Kaoru. Of course that depends on much of it you've watched, if you finished the first season and didn't enjoy it, I guess it's simply not for you. These kind of things happen.
I'm shocked myself. But I have given it about three goes. I admire it, but haven't been able to enjoy it much. I have never finished any season of it. Maybe I'm too relaxed already, lol. But it sits on my hard drive ready for more tries, which it will get.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-14, 16:32   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm shocked myself. But I have given it about three goes. I admire it, but haven't been able to enjoy it much. I have never finished any season of it. Maybe I'm too relaxed already, lol. But it sits on my hard drive ready for more tries, which it will get.
Have you tried the manga out?
Old 2010-10-14, 16:55   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Have you tried the manga out?
No. Thanks for the suggestion. I should go to the source.
Old 2010-10-14, 17:20   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No. Thanks for the suggestion. I should go to the source.
Yeah you really should. I've come across some people in the past who had a few problems with the anime, though didn't have any trouble at all with the manga. Hope you're the same.
Old 2010-10-14, 18:59   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... people who had trouble with Azumanga Daioh anime pacing didn't have any problem with the manga that I know.
I suspect its the fact people have their own internal pacing clock... and more than a couple of ARIA episodes at a time even wear me out.
Old 2010-10-30, 06:13   Link #94
FireChick

So I take it that the third and 4th episodes aren't gonna air on TV?

And by the way, I read that Maaya Sakamoto's version of "Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara" is out already. Anyone know where I can find it?

Last edited by FireChick; 2010-10-30 at 09:43.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 18:52   Link #95
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I read that Maaya Sakamoto's version of "Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara" is out already. Anyone know where I can find it?
It is included with her performance of "Downtown", the SoreMachi OP.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 02:16   Link #96
Falkor

episode 02

I was trying to think what I liked the most about this episode, but I couldn't quite find the words again. that's why it took me so long to write this, but I'll try to keep it short.

I really liked how we explored the idea of choosing a career from the character's point of view, in order to keep doing what you love and enjoy doing the most. it was nice to see Fuu visit the person she admired the most, not only because photography was within her interests, but also because the meeting had a very special meaning, for her and for us.

Choosing a career, having to choose a career, but not exactly sure what to choose; I have certainly experienced that feeling because it took me very long to find out what I truly liked, what I really wanted to do. I didn't know that I liked art until I actually tried a couple of classes; it was probably the only thing I did not do together with music (which I also love). I used to think that because I was good at math and science, I should also choose a career in that field; but I felt disappointed and did not like nor finished what I had started; I do not regret, however, changing my career to art. I think the ticket to nowhere embodies the message of that journey, that you can keep changing destination until you find the place you want to be; it doesn't really matter how long it takes or the fact that you don't really have a destination in mind, as long you don't give up and keep on searching.

by the way I really liked the background music at Fuu's shop; and it was nice to see Maon playing to ocarina, too.

some freebies from episode 02:

Spoiler for sigs:

Last edited by Falkor; 2010-10-31 at 15:29. Reason: squeezing in my thoughts.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 15:17   Link #97
FireChick

Whoa! The third episode is out already!? MUST FIND!!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 00:22   Link #98
Falkor

episode 03

Alicia-saaaaaaaaan! sorry, I had to say this. :P

this episode felt so much like ARIA.... looking for a mysterious place, encountering obstacles, taking different detours, and arriving at the destination after a long walk; the patience and perseverance are all rewarded by the beautiful scenery they chance upon...

I'm glad the shop lady appeared again in this episode, although with very few lines. her voice is simply delicious, and I really love her accent.

the insert song was very nice too, and the music score continues to be so pleasing...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 05:29   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Third episode needed an ara ara.

This episode was even more Aria then the first two combined, what with the search for a new mysterious place.
Old 2010-11-10, 07:12   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A very distinct yet everyday mysteriousness in the air about...

Yep. Definitely Aria-like. It's not as much the destination as it is the journey. It may not be what you were looking for,but it fills the gap in your heart just as well as you could have hoped for.

You can't get as straight and heartwarming as that.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junichi, satou, slice of life, tamayura