AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 14:18   Link #761
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ah, Hakuouki - this show always provides an interesting take on a much-covered topic in anime. The bishoun-sengumi have never been portrayed quite like this but it never fails to entertain me. I love seeing a traditional shounen premise reflected through a shoujo lens - in a way, this series is what would happen if Rurouni Kenshin and Ookiku Furikabutte had a love child...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 18:18   Link #762
Haladflire65
*Artist

Wait, what happened to Chizuru's search for her dad anyways? O.o

Spoiler for episode 15 (am I counting these right?):

Just.... I'm having a lot of difficulty resisting the temptation to strangle Chizuru.... Why am I hating her so much?! The HijixChizuru pairng makes my skin crawl. Toshi really deserves a better girl (that's closer to his age) >.<
Old 2010-10-26, 21:54   Link #763
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Wait, what happened to Chizuru's search for her dad anyways? O.o
<snip>
Just.... I'm having a lot of difficulty resisting the temptation to strangle Chizuru.... Why am I hating her so much?! The HijixChizuru pairng makes my skin crawl. Toshi really deserves a better girl (that's closer to his age) >.<
Well, she was searching, then she got blinded by Hiji's awesomeness, then she got sidetracked by all the hunks, then she really liked one of them, then she starting thinking...."Oh, dad can take care of himself. Oh wow, this guy would make a good husband. I'm just having too much fun to leave right now. Those other demons don't look half as hot as this one. Finding a male pureblood demon is overrated anyways."

You want him to marry an old lady... Chizuru is marrying age back then.
Old 2010-10-26, 21:59   Link #764
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, she was searching, then she got blinded by Hiji's awesomeness, then she got sidetracked by all the hunks, then she really liked one of them, then she starting thinking...."Oh, dad can take care of himself. Oh wow, this guy would make a good husband. I'm just having too much fun to leave right now. Those other demons don't look half as hot as this one. Finding a male pureblood demon is overrated anyways."

You want him to marry an old lady... Chizuru is marrying age back then.
Ah, just what I thought. I thought I missed something there I don't blame her for getting blinded by Toshi's beauty though... *is shot*

Nah, not an old lady, maybe someone just a little older? He's 30, the oldest Shinsengumi member. She's what, 17. It just doesn't click for me. My hatred of her and love for Toshi also doesn't want him to end up with whiney backboneless Chizuru.
Old 2010-10-26, 22:25   Link #765
orion

Quote:
Nah, not an old lady, maybe someone just a little older? He's 30, the oldest Shinsengumi member. She's what, 17. It just doesn't click for me. My hatred of her and love for Toshi also doesn't want him to end up with whiney backboneless Chizuru.
I think she's turning out rather well despite her family.

Last edited by orion; 2010-10-27 at 22:06.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 01:45   Link #766
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Wow, eps 14 and 15 are total powerhouses compared to the other episodes. Was really surprised at the death. I just noticed that what they do with the backgrounds, and the forests, and the way they focus on butterflies on flowers during certain scenes really lends a peaceful touch among all the chaos. Really surprised that their sworn enemies are have seemingly come to their side now.

I never really know where they are. They go into battle, then they come back to their pad and everything's fine. Where are these places in conjunction to other places?

And damn it, when is she gonna suit up and get out of that ugly thing she's wearing. Girl desperately needs a new outfit.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 04:43   Link #767
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well at least she really can fight... and by fight I mean defend... and by defend just making hard blocks.

With the two of them gone but I presume just fighting under a different leadership I guess the group will be in for hard times.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 08:03   Link #768
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well at least she really can fight... and by fight I mean defend... and by defend just making hard blocks.

With the two of them gone but I presume just fighting under a different leadership I guess the group will be in for hard times.
She prob doesn't want to kill. It was a kodachi against a katana. Her brother had the advantage from the start.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:51   Link #769
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i dont quite understand the last part of the latest ep,did the 2 guys leave the show or what?? sorry that i suck at memorizing the names.
Old 2010-10-28, 14:36   Link #770
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i dont quite understand the last part of the latest ep,did the 2 guys leave the show or what?? sorry that i suck at memorizing the names.
Well, they definitely left the Shinsengumi. I think they might have assumed people knew the history. The real Harada and Nagakura quit the group, and formed their own, the Seiheitai, which continued to participate in the Boshin War.

I don't know if they will reference this other group. It seems likely that the show will focus on the remaining members (almost all of whom have taken the ochimizu).
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 16:59   Link #771
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Well, they definitely left the Shinsengumi. I think they might have assumed people knew the history. The real Harada and Nagakura quit the group, and formed their own, the Seiheitai, which continued to participate in the Boshin War.

I don't know if they will reference this other group. It seems likely that the show will focus on the remaining members (almost all of whom have taken the ochimizu).
Judging by how the show's following the game, I'm predicting it'll focus mostly on the Hijikata story. Kazama has a grudge against him, and he's the one character whose story follows the Shinsengumi to the end.
Old 2010-10-28, 18:30   Link #772
orion

Quote:
Judging by how the show's following the game, I'm predicting it'll focus mostly on the Hijikata story. Kazama has a grudge against him, and he's the one character whose story follows the Shinsengumi to the end.
But Kazama seems like a nice guy now. Hope he gets a decent ending. I'm still in the Hiji camp though.
Old 2010-10-28, 18:33   Link #773
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post

Going back to that first or second episode in the first season, how they all sat together for dinner and tease each other...I find it a bit sad how that scene switches to the ones now, where some have died or left. Bah! I'm being too sentimental.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 19:05   Link #774
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Bah! I'm being too sentimental.
I don't see this series having a happy ending. Well, they'll probably save Japan from being destroyed by the monsters, but I think we'll be seeing even more partings (one way or another). <- note: just speculation on my part.
Old 2010-10-29, 11:54   Link #775
kitten320

Is it me or Kaoru died too quickly? 0_o
I wanted to see more of the guy.

But otherwise this season seems much better thanlast one, liked the action. And finally Chizur found the real use for her katana.

I hope we will see more of Harada, I don't want him to be completly gone
Hijikata could leave instead, duno why but I'm not really interested in him.

And bot possible ending, I feel that Okita wil die in the end be it in battl or because of the illness. He litterally is on death bed. It'll be so sad when the time will come T_T

However, I feel sorry for him already now. He seems to be stuck in his room with very few visitors, Chizuru is probably the main visitor. It feels like if Shinsengumi doesn't really care about him anymore...
Old 2010-10-29, 12:46   Link #776
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow what a great start. I especially loved how Chizuru handled herself. Now all this show needs is a good guy death.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 12:53   Link #777
Bern-san

since the end of season 1 it looks like a bad ending...

this image is in the game and it looks like it should have been in the episode, somebody who has played can tell what happened here?
Spoiler for ChizuruKaoru:

most of the shinsengumi are occupied because of the war and all... so maybe they don't visit okita because of that (okita i can take care of you whenever you want)

i can understand why they are making the hijikata pairing... although i don't know if they will follow the normal ending or the hijikata one
Old 2010-10-29, 18:22   Link #778
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Kazama seems like a nice guy now. Hope he gets a decent ending. I'm still in the Hiji camp though.
I still think Toshi's going to kill Kazama... Kazama is the antagonist after all and he has some major rivalry going on with Toshi. They'll obviously have more duels and in the end, Toshi is probably going to win.... after all, this entire series is named after him...

I don't really like Okita so his lack of screentime doesn't really bug me, but I could definitely see how annoying it would be for his fans... sadly I think his story'll just be shafted further, seeing the way things are going with HijikataxChizuru. Which means that we probably won't be seeing much Harada or Nagakura either But that's okay, cause Hijikata is awesomeness

@Bern-san: I think that might be from a special route, maybe Kazama route? I did see images of an Oni-fied Chizuru hanging out with Kazama before... It doesn't seem like it was in the main routes. Totally guessing here, though
Old 2010-10-29, 21:15   Link #779
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow what a great start. I especially loved how Chizuru handled herself. Now all this show needs is a good guy death.
Well there is Okita slowly dying from TB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
However, I feel sorry for him already now. He seems to be stuck in his room with very few visitors, Chizuru is probably the main visitor. It feels like if Shinsengumi doesn't really care about him anymore...

He is contagious after all and there's no cure in that time period. I wouldn't be visiting him either with something like that.
Old 2010-10-30, 19:30   Link #780
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I finally got around to watching the first three episodes and loved them. Chizuru has more going for her, and there is something more between her and Hijikata, too. And I like the tragic atmosphere.

But it did feel strange when Chizuru did not attempt to save her brother. She did have some memory of him, after all. I know he seemed willing to kill her, so I guess that's the explanation, but I still felt badly.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi