AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 08:37   Link #61
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
But chance are that is nost likely the case. Or he is just confused about what is going on.

Some of that has to do with Rias's behavior and actions toward him prior to falling in love with him.

Unfortunately for Issei, he had both low confidence and trauma(courtesy of his first girlfriend and first love Raynare).
But you know thx to that trauma he can use it advantage coz you know he never underestimate his opponents

Change of topic does sona have any progression/growth on volume 17 of the novel due to saji becoming heroic and attaining bb?
Old 2014-03-04, 08:48   Link #62
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
But chance are that is nost likely the case. Or he is just confused about what is going on.

Some of that has to do with Rias's behavior and actions toward him prior to falling in love with him.

Unfortunately for Issei, he had both low confidence and trauma(courtesy of his first girlfriend and first love Raynare).
I don't think it's that he doesn't notice the signs, as he definitely does, but it's more of what kikix said, that he rejects them to a certain extent due to his trauma with Raynare that isn't fully healed yet.

@kusabireika: If I remember what n0m@n said in the speculation thread, Sona cried for Saji using his body to protect the school, like the Gremory team cried when Gasper kept standing up in v10. I don't think her feelings for him progressed, though.
Old 2014-03-04, 08:51   Link #63
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
I don't think it's that he doesn't notice the signs, as he definitely does, but it's more of what kikix said, that he rejects them to a certain extent due to his trauma with Raynare that isn't fully healed yet.

@kusabireika: If I remember what n0m@n said in the speculation thread, Sona cried for Saji using his body to protect the school, like the Gremory team cried when Gasper kept standing up in v10. I don't think her feelings for him progressed, though.
I read that part but Im bit curious if the author use this plot in making sona stronger like what rias did when isse died/reborn, so she won't lost her precious servant

She can ask her sis to teach her in becoming stronger just like rias did on her own
Old 2014-03-04, 09:15   Link #64
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
It doesn't need to be the case with him not noticing them. He may just reject them. As in, he sees them, but thinks they are signs of something else.

It's exactly like when he and Rias weren't a couple. Rias kept giving him signs that she have a crush on him, but instead of seeing it as her flirting and seducing him, he though she considers him a pet and doesn't even see him as a man whatsoever.

You know, that kind of reaction is kind of normal for people that have lowered confidence or some sort of trauma and it have nothing to do with being dense.
That trauma was due to the events in vol 1 when ise's first girlfriend Raynare killed him and asia, that trauma got resolved in vol 10.

the real reason that Ise does not know about his engagement is quite simply that no one had told him yet and he is still dense about romance (you'd think he'd find it odd why the gremory house servants and lucifer group call him young master)
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 09:45   Link #65
Tbolt

After Ise was killed by Raynare, Ise's emotional growth really stopped so when he was suddenly thrown into a whole new emotional battle ground it just over loaded him.

So when the girls released the hurt in Ise's heart he is able to move forward with his emotions but he still has a lot of catching up to do, but we do see improvement like eating with Koneko the lack of nose bleeds and promising Akeno that he wouldn't die. As was stated Ise realized that he burned the bridge on his own and that he had to move forward.

So when the topic of his engagement come to light it will just take talking with Azazel, Ddraig, Kiba and Sairaorg much like he has done in the past it will allow him to confirm his feelings and propose to Rias.

Saji is going to have a major break down when Ise calls Sona by her name after the battle.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-04 at 09:55.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 09:59   Link #66
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
After Ise was killed by Raynare, Ise's emotional growth really stopped so when he was suddenly thrown into a whole new emotional battle ground it just over loaded him.

So when the girls released the hurt in Ise's heart he is able to move forward with his emotions but he still has a lot of catching up to do, but we do see improvement like eating with Koneko the lack of nose bleeds and promising Akeno that he wouldn't die. As was stated Ise realized that he burned the bridge on his own and that he had to move forward.

So when the topic of his engagement come to light it will just take talking with Azazel, Ddraig, Kiba and Sairaorg much like he has done in the past it will allow him to confirm his feelings and propose to Rias.

Saji is going to have a major break down when Ise calls Sona by her name after the battle.
rias was the one who killed raynare, ise just KO'ed her, part of his trauma was also the fact that his current love interest killed his former girlfriend
Old 2014-03-04, 10:09   Link #67
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
rias was the one who killed raynare, ise just KO'ed her, part of his trauma was also the fact that his current love interest killed his former girlfriend
That's just another part of Ise's emotional growth stopping.
Old 2014-03-04, 11:14   Link #68
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Lol yeah I can see that happening especially after he earn balance breaker and still can'y progress. Raise the Sona flag and hope she joins the harem.
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 11:31   Link #69
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Lol yeah I can see that happening especially after he earn balance breaker and still can'y progress. Raise the Sona flag and hope she joins the harem.
I really hope she doesn't get into Issei's harem. I don't think Rias would approve for one and I would lose a ton of respect for Issei if he did allow her into the harem. He would be a horrible horrible friend to Saji. Its one thing to find humor in Saji's struggle to get with the girl he loves but it is a completely different thing to have Saji's best male friend take the girl he loves. Issei is really into protecting his comrades. Saji and him are comrades of a sort. I don't think the author would make Issei backstab his friend.
Crimson Bloodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 11:45   Link #70
kikix

Quote:
That trauma was due to the events in vol 1 when ise's first girlfriend Raynare killed him and asia, that trauma got resolved in vol 10.
I know that. However, trauma doesn't just disappear like that. It is impossible to just return to living like before getting it, whether it is overcame or not.

Issei, as a result of long-lasting effect of that trauma, will be more careful than before. It's a lesson learned the hard way. Part of that carefulness could (and probably is) his attempt to avoid imagining things that look "too good to be true". And that means he probably does not think that Rias would want to marry him so soon.

Quote:
(...)part of his trauma was also the fact that his current love interest killed his former girlfriend
I honestly doubt that the fact of Rias killing Raynale have anything to do with Issei's trauma. Seeing the death of his first "girlfriend"?! Yes, maybe. Rais being the one doing the killing?! I doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issei
“Goodbye, my love. Buchou, I’m at my limit…… Will you please……”
Issei, by that time, accepted that he never was Raynales boyfriend. After what she did to him and, more importantly, Asia, he actually began hating her by that time. Of course, there were still conflicting feelings inside him. He really saw her as his first girlfriend. But I don't think that granted the magnitude of rage he reached, he could have trauma related to Rias for that. For a trauma like that to be made, he'd need to have it against Rias that she killed the fallen angel. He never did. Not even then.

As for Issei and Sona...as far as it is now, he have no idea he does have a harem. It's not like he could be blamed if Sona got a crush on him and started to act on it (thus "entering his harem"). That being said, I'm not sure Sona will ever fall in love with Issei to the extent where she'd want to join it.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:01   Link #71
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Bloodriver View Post
I really hope she doesn't get into Issei's harem. I don't think Rias would approve for one and I would lose a ton of respect for Issei if he did allow her into the harem. He would be a horrible horrible friend to Saji. Its one thing to find humor in Saji's struggle to get with the girl he loves but it is a completely different thing to have Saji's best male friend take the girl he loves. Issei is really into protecting his comrades. Saji and him are comrades of a sort. I don't think the author would make Issei backstab his friend.
Yeah but I think one of the spoiler quotes was Saji saying "I can't be Hyoudou Issei" or something so he maybe getting ready to give up on Sona as he can't do the things Issei can. As for Rias she might approve as she knows she is number one and Issei can attract lots of girls. Plus I think she would be kinda used to it as I am pretty sure in one of the earlier volumes or short stories when talking about Sona they said Son always used to take Rias's things Also it would add a lot of interestind situations as I am sure Sona would like to get a decent rank and is smarter then all the other girls so she can manipulate/dominate them
Old 2014-03-04, 12:03   Link #72
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
As for Issei and Sona...as far as it is now, he have no idea he does have a harem. It's not like he could be blamed if Sona got a crush on him and started to act on it (thus "entering his harem"). That being said, I'm not sure Sona will ever fall in love with Issei to the extent where she'd want to join it.
True. He can't prevent her from crushing on him. But as the saying goes, "It takes two to tango". I'm taking about things like kissing her or going on dates with her. I don't really consider the girls who haven't kissed him, slept with him, or dated him as a true member of his harem. Abe has a crush on Issei but she isn't really part of his harem.

But anyways. Sona doesn't seem the kind of girl who falls in love easily. All the other girls fell in love pretty quickly. With the exception of Rose. I can see Sona being single at the end of the series.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:12   Link #73
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Bloodriver View Post
Abe has a crush on Issei but she isn't really part of his harem. I can see Sona being single at the end of the series.
Maybe Abe will be part of Issei's peerage when he gets his evil pieces. After all her knowledge about magical creature and taming skills could come in handy. I really hope not as I find Sona to be one of my favourite characters that is why I want her to at least get a crush on Issei so that we get to see more of her and her emotional side.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:20   Link #74
aw454wtr

Who knows the author might throw in a twist and have sona fall for raizer, afterall both of them are high class devils from noble houses, it's practically a must for noble house devils to get married
Old 2014-03-04, 12:34   Link #75
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Who knows the author might throw in a twist and have sona fall for raizer, afterall both of them are high class devils from noble houses, it's practically a must for noble house devils to get married
No, just no. Please don't ever mention something like that again. He may not be as bad as he was before but Sona x Riser is something I believe a lot of fans would disapprove.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:40   Link #76
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
No, just no. Please don't ever mention something like that again. He may not be as bad as he was before but Sona x Riser is something I believe a lot of fans would disapprove.
Yup its a no to Yakitori. Definitely want her to be with Issei. He may not have the brains that Sona is looking for but he can do lots of things that she can't like solving all Rias's problems. I think she need to set her standards a little lower and then she would realise that Saji or Issei would be good for her
Old 2014-03-04, 12:46   Link #77
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
Maybe Abe will be part of Issei's peerage when he gets his evil pieces. After all her knowledge about magical creature and taming skills could come in handy. I really hope not as I find Sona to be one of my favourite characters that is why I want her to at least get a crush on Issei so that we get to see more of her and her emotional side.
True. It would be interesting to see Sona show emotions. Thats why I am looking forward to volume 17. We get to see her show emotion (crying over Saji) but I don't think she needs to fall for Issei. I think she will probably start showing up in the series a lot more. She is part of DxD now. I think we will be seeing a lot more of the DxD members seeing as they might have to fight 666. I am really hoping to see more of the members that don't generally show up like Seekvaire Agares and Slash Dog.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:58   Link #78
aw454wtr

Quote:
Yup its a no to Yakitori. Definitely want her to be with Issei. He may not have the brains that Sona is looking for but he can do lots of things that she can't like solving all Rias's problems. I think she need to set her standards a little lower and then she would realise that Saji or Issei would be good for her
That depends if the sitri house would even allow Sona to marry someone that is not from a noble house, only the gremory house treats their servants well,

the sitri house could just treat servants as just that, servants, the current heads of the sitri house would not allow Saji to marry Sona, they would insist on her groom being a pure high class/ultimate class devil from another noble house
Old 2014-03-04, 13:09   Link #79
GBFirestorm

Quote:
That depends if the sitri house would even allow Sona to marry someone that is not from a noble house, only the gremory house treats their servants well,

the sitri house could just treat servants as just that, servants, the current heads of the sitri house would not allow Saji to marry Sona, they would insist on her groom being a pure high class/ultimate class devil from another noble house
Maybe at the point Sona is going to marry Issei will be a high/ultimate class devil so he would have a title. Don't forget dragon blood and traits are greatly desired for the strength in them and devils love strength. With Issei's body being made fro Ophis and Great Red the two most powerful dragons/beings coupled with the Heavenly Dragon Ddraig's soul he has the potential to be the ultimate dragon so is a hot breeding prospect. Searafall Sona's sister can still have children to carry on the Sitri name as well.
Old 2014-03-04, 13:24   Link #80
Tbolt

Sona is already in love with our idiot, but it's not a romantic love it's a love that comes from respect and admiration. Sona saw what Ise did for Rias, Kiba and the girls. She knows how Ise is but she see how he lives his life when it come to the things he cares about, and she sees what it costs him.

Quote:
Kaichou smiles at me who is feeling down.

“There isn’t a single reason for you to be apologizing, Ise-kun. You are the hero who saved the Underworld. For the part where you can’t give your all, we will just have to make up for it. Also, you worked too hard within this short period of time. Truly, you worked so hard that I am ashamed at myself and feel that we were lacking in strength.”

Sona-Kaichou takes my hand.

“That’s why, we will lead you today. I’m not Rias, but please trust me for now.”
For Sona who is very aware of her status as a high class devil to put that much emotion and caring towards Ise show her love for him.

In some ways Sona is closer to Ise than she is to Rias.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-04 at 14:05.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, spoiler