AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-15, 10:25   Link #1701
dmaxzero

Well.
Last episode was not bad, but neither good, it was OK. The main issue I have in a general level with the show is how things changed after episode 19. If the show would have started to change before that, say like, 2 o 3 episodes before, then it wouldn't have been so abrupt and all things considered it could have put the show as a very okaish 2014 enjoyable anime.

But it feels like we have a story pre and post episode 19; even without taking into consideration the source material, purely from a narrative point of view, it is what bothers me the most. In that same light, I have not ever bought Akame as the main character of the show, neither in the manga nor in the anime even considering that is her name in the title, so that bothered me in the end.

And yes, the hype needs to be controlled, I think 90% of the disappointment does not rest on the show, but the differences between high, unrealistic expectations and what the show delivers inside its referential frame.

=d
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 14:16   Link #1702
zero7090

I feel violated. It is like the killed Leone just to make the watcher mad. It was someone ok at ep 23 yet then it took a nose dive. Esdese become softcore villain. PM's sun of beach became less evil. Rabac is less epic. I dont even...
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 15:26   Link #1703
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay.... let's put some complains first

1. I hate the fact that Akame survived... If Akame took Leone's role after killing Esdeath, honestly it would be more satisfying.. Akame has suffered a lot! let her rest for God sake!

2. Leone's death is bad due to the fact that she is killed by Onest. Onest is too jerk and coward and he didn't deserve to give Leone a death sentence

let's see.. the rest is history... This is my first anime when most of characters are dead. Esdeath has an awesome death.. hugging Tatsumi and shattering.. damn! feels!
I was satisfied about how anime brought the ending which I think would be similar with manga. Emperor's execution is little painful though. By looking at the mark in Akame's cheek, I think her lifespan just got shortened as well

I won't complain about several arcs that didn't adapted in anime. They only give one difference (certain someone still lives) and the rest showed that those arcs are not important with the plot.
I prefer the straight forward way in anime since manga seems have several arcs that only written to deliver some shock to the reader. I'll say more when the manga truly ends.. let's watch how manga delivers this series
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:15   Link #1704
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I won't complain about several arcs that didn't adapted in anime. They only give one difference (certain someone still lives) and the rest showed that those arcs are not important with the plot.
They actually jokes about that in the AkaTheatre thing. Even the studio knows their never touching this again so might as well say whatever the hell they want.
Old 2014-12-17, 22:55   Link #1705
Strikefreedom117

tatsumi just had to go out in an epic way, saving lots of people

was fun ride nonetheless
Strikefreedom117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 03:08   Link #1706
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Fans support of Esdeath actually worth something at the end! She definitely has an better end of the villainous's love for hero trope compared to other similar character like her. Though I wish she and tatsumi had a better ending... Alive togther.
Old 2015-05-31, 12:45   Link #1707
Dark Paladin X

Rejoice North American fans, Akame Ga Kill is coming to Toonami.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 18:44   Link #1708
bastek66

Why would anyone want to rewatch it?
Old 2015-06-02, 20:57   Link #1709
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I know not many people in this forums watch English dubs, but Toonami always air dubbed anime. Also, the licensor of this series is Sentai Filmworks and it's the first anime licensed by Sentai Filmworks to air in the block.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 11:12   Link #1710
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Exactly...

I just finished this and I must say - it was bad. The premise sounded interesting and it started off good, but it just got way over the top and more and more ridiculous towards the ending - brainless 'not so' entertainment. I only kept watching to finish what I started.
Old 2015-07-13, 18:08   Link #1711
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Something I did up.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 13:49   Link #1712
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Toonami Broadcasts "Akame ga Kill!" Promo

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-08-24, 01:32   Link #1713
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Exactly...

I just finished this and I must say - it was bad. The premise sounded interesting and it started off good, but it just got way over the top and more and more ridiculous towards the ending - brainless 'not so' entertainment. I only kept watching to finish what I started.
The manga is pretty bad too, so I think the anime staff did mostly the best they could with the source material they had to work with.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:24   Link #1714
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hi. Just sharing the Akame cosplay of my friend Janine. We did this shoot last March at Cosplay Carnival. ^^

Her deviantart.

http://ninj9.deviantart.com/

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence