AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-07-18, 22:23   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 912 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early spoilers are here again, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter is "Amigasa Village". Splash is the second color page we get in a row.

-Luffy informs Tama and her master Tengu about Ace's death. Naturally, Tama is shocked and saddened by the news, and passes out! Afterwards, Tengu, who's a swordsmith whose full name is Tenguyama Hitetsu, angrily berates Luffy for being so blunt to the girl about Ace's death. The village they're located in now, the chapter-titular Amigasa Village, used to be a normal, peaceful village until one year ago.... when it was invaded and destroyed by one of Kaidou's headliners, the pirate X Drake! In fact, the only place in Wano truly flourishing right now is the "flower town" that the shogun Orochi is headquartered in, as everywhere else was turned into a wilderness....!!!

-Tenguyama further explains that four years ago, Amigasa was so poor that it was going through famine. A pirate ship had happened to stop by the village, and the starving villagers noticed that the pirates themselves seemed weakened as well, so they captured them and took their food! However, when the leader of those pirates, Ace, easily freed himself from the villagers' restraints, they realized the truth: the pirates intentionally let themselves get captures so they could provide the village with food! The villagers are grateful to Ace, and Tama was particularly fond of him. After listening to Tenguyama's story, Luffy decides to get the girl treated by a doctor, so the smithy provides the young pirate with some clothes so he doesn't stand out. Luffy also wants to take along a katana he spotted in the house, but Tenguyama warns him against it, as this is a cursed blade that was forged by his ancestor.... the Nidai Kitetsu. unfortunately, the smith's efforts to stop the rubber man from taking the sword prove futile, as he already sets off for the hospital with Tama, blade in hand....

-During their trip to the hospital, Tama wakes up and angrily denies Luffy's claim about Ace dying. She clearly remembers the pirate promising to take her out to sea with him once she becomes a great kunoichi. Upon setting foot outside the village, Luffy realizes that Tengu's words are indeed true: Wano has become a vast wilderness! And beyond that wilderness, lie Kaidou's factories! Luffy sees various beasts clashing with each other and wants to eat them, but realizes that he can't since those creatures also drank from the poisoned waters. He then spots something else going on: Some bad guys are chasing down some innocent women! However, those bad guys are soon cut down by a wandering swordsman! Upon closer inspection, Luffy realizes that swordsman is none other than.... ZORO!!! However, before the two of them can enjoy their reunion, they're confronted by Basil Hawkins, who's riding on a qilin! Luffy and Zoro both prepare for battle, their "cursed" blades at the ready....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-07-20 at 02:44.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 07:25   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, a more detailed summary came out, confirming the spoilers as legit! And nice, not only do we get a Zoro reunion, but the cursed swords come back into play, as well (for those who forgot, Zoro obtained the cursed Sandai Kitetsu sword all the way back in East Blue's Logue Town).....
Old 2018-07-19, 08:02   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

does zoro need a new sword? he can get the new cursed blade or get Tengu to make him one
Old 2018-07-19, 11:10   Link #4
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

lol Luffy taking the sword, haha Oda we know what your really doing. We won't be fooled.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 12:11   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy is so going to hurt himself with the sword

Wano has turned into a real shithole because of Kaido. Really about time someone freed the country from his tyranny.
Old 2018-07-19, 15:14   Link #6
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I have a feeling Zoro might put Ryuma’s blade to rest in Wano and pick up this new blade. I mean, he’s already cursed to be “lost forever”, what’s the worst that could happen?
Old 2018-07-19, 16:55   Link #7
necrolyte

Sounds great that Luffy and Zoro are finally reunited. I was sick of waiting for Zoro to return in the manga.
On another note, I am also curious if Zoro needs new sword by some reason, maybe someone took 1 of his swords or he just gave it to someone while we were reading about BM?
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 02:15   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Zoro may need to return Shuusui to Wano and most likely he will get a replacement of that Kitetsu from Sandai Kitetsu that was destroyed at Enies Lobby.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 02:49   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Zoro may need to return Shuusui to Wano and most likely he will get a replacement of that Kitetsu from Sandai Kitetsu that was destroyed at Enies Lobby.
Sandai Kitetsu wasn't the sword that Zoro lost at Enies Lobby. It was Yubashiri, which was the least special of the swords he got in Logue Town, which the sword shop owner gave to him for free. As for whether or not Zoro will give up Ryuma's sword for a new one.... I dunno, to be honest. But I suppose it can't be a coincidence that Luffy's now become acquainted with a legendary smith's descendant (and is holding onto one of the smith's ancestor's cursed blades), after all....
Old 2018-07-20, 04:45   Link #10
bonsobon

I have been surprised at the deterioration of Wano in what seems to be a relatively short time frame (unless I'm mistaken about that). What happened to the country of fierce warriors that were able to hold off repeated attempts by the World Government to bring them into the fold? I know that Kaidou is an emperor and all, but it's still surprising at how fast they appear to have capitulated.

On an unrelated note I wonder if Zoro fans will be disappointed that he's not taking on Hawkins by himself?
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 06:10   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sandai Kitetsu wasn't the sword that Zoro lost at Enies Lobby. It was Yubashiri, which was the least special of the swords he got in Logue Town, which the sword shop owner gave to him for free. As for whether or not Zoro will give up Ryuma's sword for a new one.... I dunno, to be honest. But I suppose it can't be a coincidence that Luffy's now become acquainted with a legendary smith's descendant (and is holding onto one of the smith's ancestor's cursed blades), after all....
It maybe interesting to see Zoro got the whole Kitetsu set but then he cannot afford to lost Wado Ichimonji since it was a heirloom for him to keep. Perhaps the tengu can upgrade it to Wado Kitetsu so Zoro can get a full set of Kitetsu.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 10:55   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm loving this Wano arc so far, Luffy bumping into Zoro like that is a geat spur of the moment for the story.
Usually meeting up would take forever but we got this already and it's ramping up with Hawkins showing up.

Maybe we'll see Zoro collect a few more swords than just 3, I don't expect him to be using more than 3 at a time but having a collection of swords I can see.

Btw has Brook's sword got a name?
Old 2018-07-20, 11:13   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't see a reason for Zoro to give up Shisui. The original owner himself, Ryoma, entrusted it to him. Although I guess he could meet up one of his descendant and deem him worthy of the blade.

Zoro has been eating the animals around the factory and didn't even wonder why his stomach was hurting. Luffy ate some, too. I hope it was just a joke and that Oda won't have them lose against Hawkins because they were poisoned. Luffy is pretty much immune to poison anyway.
Old 2018-07-20, 11:48   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Zoro has been eating the animals around the factory and didn't even wonder why his stomach was hurting. Luffy ate some, too. I hope it was just a joke and that Oda won't have them lose against Hawkins because they were poisoned.

Now that you mention it, that's probably exactly what's going to happen, lol. Kinda like how last arc Luffy got sick eating that poison fish so he could get saved by Reiju, maybe here it will take him and Zoro getting captured by Hawkins before they can officially form an alliance....
Old 2018-07-20, 12:00   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

You know, I was almost impressed with how Luffy was conducting himself this chapter... until I saw him eating the same meat he just warned Zoro off of.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 15:40   Link #16
Rainbowman

What is it with Wano and it’s cursed swords? Sure hope we get the full details of the maker of these swords.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 16:10   Link #17
necrolyte

Everything else aside but I am really happy to finally see Luffy and Zoro side by side, wasn't expecting this to happen so soon
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 16:15   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Now that you mention it, that's probably exactly what's going to happen, lol. Kinda like how last arc Luffy got sick eating that poison fish so he could get saved by Reiju, maybe here it will take him and Zoro getting captured by Hawkins before they can officially form an alliance....
I definitely think this is a likely scenario, BUT I really want to see a 1.5 billion bounty Luffy absolutely wreak Hawkins, and Zoro's there too! However seeing that Luffy is drawing the sword, he isn't taking things too seriously yet

Maybe if they beat the crap out of Hawkins, he'll follow his own words and "join the strong".
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 22:33   Link #19
Wandering Soul

It's pretty amusing that Luffy's first thought when he sees someone chasing a woman is to assume that the person is Sanji.

Kaidou really has ruined Wano. At least the people under Big Mom gained some sort of benefit.
Old 2018-07-21, 00:36   Link #20
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
I have been surprised at the deterioration of Wano in what seems to be a relatively short time frame (unless I'm mistaken about that). What happened to the country of fierce warriors that were able to hold off repeated attempts by the World Government to bring them into the fold? I know that Kaidou is an emperor and all, but it's still surprising at how fast they appear to have capitulated.

On an unrelated note I wonder if Zoro fans will be disappointed that he's not taking on Hawkins by himself?
With the water poisoned and the animals getting poisoned from drink it, it likely caused a severe weakening of the warriors due to sickness. This provided Kaido with the opportunity to lock up or kill all who oppose him without much trouble.