Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 11:30   Link #1181
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Been forever since I last posted here.

On the last chapter.

My guess is someone/thing attacked Cross w/c made him badly injured. Then those guys found him all wounded. But Cross didn't want to be interrogated by the order cause maybe the one/thing who attacked him may have some connection to the story/allen/whatever so he chose to escape and investigate it himself.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 12:19   Link #1182
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I really don't like this emo allen one bit..
Old 2008-08-09, 13:19   Link #1183
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Spoiler for Thoughts on 169:
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:18   Link #1184
ffantasy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's only so many ways to design a Katana, and the original Mugen was a very simple design to begin with, it's not really even goth and is very common anyway

But maybe the cool part comes when he uses his 3rd/4th illusion ?

Or maybe they'll use a more exotic colour
Tbh some part of me ain't that hyped to see any more of the 3rd-6th illusions..it is definitely cool to see wat other awesome attacks mugen can can come up with but u gotta remember that any 3rd+ illusions Kanda uses is gonna cost him some of his life, so...guess that takes out some of the excitement, for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I really don't like this emo allen one bit..
Not exactly his fault, one can't help but be a little moody when one finds out their past might have been a potential lie?No?
But yeah, think we all do prefer the happy Allen.

Last edited by ffantasy24; 2008-08-10 at 12:33.
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:32   Link #1185
King Lycan
*IT Support

Yes he acting just like Zero..Lenalee must be very worried
Old 2008-08-10, 21:03   Link #1186
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Hey.. Zero is great!!!

I dont get why people "hate" when characters get , as they call them.. "emo"... there is nothing wrong about getting sad after having a hard live.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:13   Link #1187
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah, I just think that people spam the word 'emo' too easily these days.

The hate should come when sadness phase gets dragged on to a long term depression that renders the character practically useless, now THAT's emo...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 00:33   Link #1188
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'd say it's too much to call him instantly an emo based on like 2 panels of him killing Akumas. Of course, it's natural to expect him to mellow a bit, but Allen has always been a little bit like that, even before the revelation.

If anything, his smiling reply to Howard "Think of it as part of your surveillance" shows that Allen hasn't fallen down the abyss emotionally.

Unlike Zero. Now that. was. emo.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:34   Link #1189
ffantasy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'd say it's too much to call him instantly an emo based on like 2 panels of him killing Akumas. Of course, it's natural to expect him to mellow a bit, but Allen has always been a little bit like that, even before the revelation.

If anything, his smiling reply to Howard "Think of it as part of your surveillance" shows that Allen hasn't fallen down the abyss emotionally.

Unlike Zero. Now that. was. emo.
*nods in agreement*
Count on Allen to always keep a smile on his face even if he is going through the worst of things
Oh the dear boy *tear*
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 05:05   Link #1190
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I kinda like the new Allen. The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Old 2008-08-14, 03:56   Link #1191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Spoiler for Skulls:

The simplest explaination is that it was impulse. This was the first time he had suffered a true loss, it can't be helped that he would be pissed. In addition, it was done by the one who had tried to kill him before.

Then he sent Lulubell to get the Egg back as well as some new Skulls. After truely losing the Egg, there's no point crying over spilled milk (meaning he had calmed down) so he begun reconstructing the Egg. After all, we don't know how many days had past right?
Old 2008-08-14, 05:04   Link #1192
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
The simplest explaination is that it was impulse. This was the first time he had suffered a true loss, it can't be helped that he would be pissed. In addition, it was done by the one who had tried to kill him before.

Then he sent Lulubell to get the Egg back as well as some new Skulls. After truely losing the Egg, there's no point crying over spilled milk (meaning he had calmed down) so he begun reconstructing the Egg. After all, we don't know how many days had past right?
Well, he disclosed this information in his human disguise, over a cup of tea into which he keeps dropping cubes of sugar. I take it that he's still a bit angry over the incident.

I'm more inclined to think that the Earl forgot that he did have some sort of backup. After all, the Noah who asked him about the Egg was the "new" one: Cyril Kamelot.

More importantly, he claimed to have another more important reason to invade the Order: that he was afraid that through the investigation on the Egg, the Order would figure out the true meaning behind the evolution of Akuma.
Old 2008-08-14, 07:52   Link #1193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, he disclosed this information in his human disguise, over a cup of tea into which he keeps dropping cubes of sugar. I take it that he's still a bit angry over the incident.

I'm more inclined to think that the Earl forgot that he did have some sort of backup. After all, the Noah who asked him about the Egg was the "new" one: Cyril Kamelot.

More importantly, he claimed to have another more important reason to invade the Order: that he was afraid that through the investigation on the Egg, the Order would figure out the true meaning behind the evolution of Akuma.

Okay okay, I know how to settle this.

The Earl was indeed furious, but it wasn't because the egg was stolen/damaged. But rather his rage came when he brought up the Musician, that he was outwitted by him, the one who caused him so much trouble in the first place and is still interferring with his plans even after death.

Go back at the scene again, while talking about the Egg, he was depress though in a comical fashion, but when the topic got to the Musician helping the Exorcists steal from him, he was wrathful.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2008-08-14, 19:32   Link #1194
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Another issue we have to consider is that the 14th was the Earl's favourite before his betrayal. Road mentioned, somewhat sadly, that the 14th tried to kill the Earl. Thus, to the two, the 14th is akin to an ungrateful prodigal son.
Old 2008-08-14, 19:45   Link #1195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Another issue we have to consider is that the 14th was the Earl's favourite before his betrayal. Road mentioned, somewhat sadly, that the 14th tried to kill the Earl. Thus, to the two, the 14th is akin to an ungrateful prodigal son.
Was it explicitly stated anywhere that he was his favorite?
Old 2008-08-14, 19:53   Link #1196
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Was it explicitly stated anywhere that he was his favorite?
Well, it's not explict. (Or maybe, it is. Just don't have the stamina to review all 169 chapters.) The fact remains that only he and Road can control the Ark. Of course, he may be the second-oldest, after Road. Still, they may talk about him in a mocking manner. But, he occupies a place in their hearts, at least to those who know him.

Oh, and the 14th is getting revived in Allen. Now, Road's feelings for Allen may be in response to the Noah within him.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:37   Link #1197
andrewsch5658
*Author

I think the 3 akuma Allen and Kanda destroyed in chapter 169 are level 2.5. The reason is that level 3's don't have huge body & arm like that, but the head, the back and legs do have the similar to level 3, thus my conclusion is that they are level 2.5 since hoshino katsura sensei haven't show us any level 2.5 yet.
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 00:20   Link #1198
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
I think the 3 akuma Allen and Kanda destroyed in chapter 169 are level 2.5. The reason is that level 3's don't have huge body & arm like that, but the head, the back and legs do have the similar to level 3, thus my conclusion is that they are level 2.5 since hoshino katsura sensei haven't show us any level 2.5 yet.
Er.... I don't see the point in showing us a 2.5. Another 3.5 will be more interesting.
Old 2008-08-19, 00:30   Link #1199
King Lycan
*IT Support

lol i don't think 3.5 would be powerful
Old 2008-08-19, 01:29   Link #1200
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
lol i don't think 3.5 would be powerful
No, it's not the 3.5 itself that I'm worried about. It's the 4 that comes from it.

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural