AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 02:33   Link #9201
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

People who saw the movie said it shot particle blasts, so it must use a GN Condenser ammo cap, like Sergei's Tieren All Region Type did. As for the blade, to slice through a GN-X it has to be a GN Blade.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 03:57   Link #9202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
As sexy as Setsuna's Custom Flag is, it makes me wonder what it's sword is made of. I'm assuming Setsuna's flag is not customized with a GN Drive or Condenser. So it's weapons are most probably NOT GN Weapons right? So what sword is that to be able to cut through the armor of a GN Suit? It has to be a GN Laced sword right? Does that sword have a miniature GN condenser on it?
Lack of GN Drive/Condenser doesn't mean that a mobile suit is unable to use GN particle weapons. As mentioned above, Sergei's Tieren All-Region Type was able to use a GN Beam Rifle despite being a non-GN Drive MS due to the GN Beam Rifle having its own onboard supply of GN Particles.

Given that Setsuna's Flag uses a custom GN Sword made by Celestial Being, this would pretty much appear to be the case.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 09:04   Link #9203
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The weapon is called GN Sword II Kai so I imagine it is a GN Blade......

And pretty much all GN weapons have GN Condensers on it.
Old 2010-10-13, 09:30   Link #9204
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Lack of GN Drive/Condenser doesn't mean that a mobile suit is unable to use GN particle weapons. As mentioned above, Sergei's Tieren All-Region Type was able to use a GN Beam Rifle despite being a non-GN Drive MS due to the GN Beam Rifle having its own onboard supply of GN Particles.

Given that Setsuna's Flag uses a custom GN Sword made by Celestial Being, this would pretty much appear to be the case.
Which means the weapons have GN Condensers like what Sonic SP said. Makes sense.

Did he really need to downgrade himself all the way to a Flag? Geez. What happened to Exia or even O Gundam, I know they both got stabbed but they seem repairable right? I mean Exia R2 at the end of season 2 was just as trashed as Exia at the end of season 1. What happened to it? I know 00Q is made of entirely new parts so they didnt remodel it into the new unit.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 09:33   Link #9205
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Which means the weapons have GN Condensers like what Sonic SP said. Makes sense.

Did he really need to downgrade himself all the way to a Flag? Geez. What happened to Exia or even O Gundam, I know they both got stabbed but they seem repairable right? I mean Exia R2 at the end of season 2 was just as trashed as Exia at the end of season 1. What happened to it? I know 00Q is made of entirely new parts so they didnt remodel it into the new unit.
Because at that point Celestial Being was trying to stay low by keeping the Gundams out of the picture, so they were using non-Gundams to perform interventions - IIRC even Lockon supposedly wasn't using a Gundam to perform interventions, with the Dynames Repair only appearing when the ELS did. Given the proliferation of GN tech in the interim years a GN Sword wouldn't be too conspicious even on a Flag.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-10-13, 09:34   Link #9206
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

Just because the parts are new doesn't mean the materials used to make the parts aren't recycled. That's my theory anyway.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 09:40   Link #9207
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Because at that point Celestial Being was trying to stay low by keeping the Gundams out of the picture, so they were using non-Gundams to perform interventions - IIRC even Lockon supposedly wasn't using a Gundam to perform interventions, with the Dynames Repair only appearing when the ELS did. Given the proliferation of GN tech in the interim years a GN Sword wouldn't be too conspicious even on a Flag.
They could've just put on a mask like the Astraea Type F, no? Give it a little recolor too. Aren't they risking the lives of their valuable pilots a bit too much for giving them incredibly outdated Mobile Suits...so outdated that these Mobile Suits don't pose any form of threat to even the first generation Gundams. I mean don't get me wrong, it's freaking awesome to have a custom Flag it just seems like they're a bit risky even if Setsuna's innovator abilities are great and all. Given that humanity is innovating they should be prepared, what if one of the enemy pilots was an innovator. Then Setsuna would be screwed.

PS: What kind of interventions were they performing? I think someone asked that but I missed it many pages back. I'm assuming there are still small countries that haven't joinded the Earth Federation?

@Kuroi Hadou - So you're saying they smelted the hell out of poor Exia and remolded him into 00Q? .....
Old 2010-10-13, 09:50   Link #9208
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
They could've just put on a mask like the Astraea Type F, no? Give it a little recolor too.
But the Astraea was never in the public eye as a "Gundam", unlike Exia or Dynames, which would be recognized on sight.

Quote:
@Kuroi Hadou - So you're saying they smelted the hell out of poor Exia and remolded him into 00Q? .....
Pretty much, yeah. They already had the 00 Condenser-Type, and when Jihad-kun went comatose they probably melted it down as well.
Old 2010-10-13, 10:43   Link #9209
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
But the Astraea was never in the public eye as a "Gundam", unlike Exia or Dynames, which would be recognized on sight.

Pretty much, yeah. They already had the 00 Condenser-Type, and when Jihad-kun went comatose they probably melted it down as well.
So cruel........

Although I agree with the Astraea not being a "public" Gundam. I mean it's basically a repainted Exia. They could've just given Exia a paint job. But since Exia is probably metal fodder for 00Q...so I guess a Flag is their cheapest and best option.
Old 2010-10-13, 10:49   Link #9210
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Found this, and it was much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
Before I vanish once more, not quite related but I thought this was funny:

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0027452

Apparently, Mizushima and the Sunrise President were present in one of the screenings. After the film, the president smiled, gave him a hug and told him, "Good job!" But after that, Mizushima muttered to himself, "Weren't you the one who opposed the movie?" XD

Old 2010-10-13, 12:12   Link #9211
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Found this, and it was much
That was glorious. And I think a whole page of posts just got deleted from the movie discussion page.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:53   Link #9212
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The GN-X that was fighting Set's Flag...........is it a GN-X III? Because it looks to me like it is.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:05   Link #9213
kakakka

Looks like it. GNX IV doesn't have those chins.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 14:05   Link #9214
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The GN-X that was fighting Set's Flag...........is it a GN-X III? Because it looks to me like it is.
I don't think so; it doesn't have the binders on the waist or the remnants that were on the chest. I could be wrong though.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:16   Link #9215
wencong1356

Quote:
Looks like a modified gn-x III to me
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 14:18   Link #9216
wencong1356

Did anyone think about the possibility that 00 raiser's trans-am burst(in the tv series) attracted the attention of the ELS? I read from somewhere that Ian said that it was possible that the effects of the trans-am burst might have no range limit
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 14:50   Link #9217
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
Did anyone think about the possibility that 00 raiser's trans-am burst(in the tv series) attracted the attention of the ELS? I read from somewhere that Ian said that it was possible that the effects of the trans-am burst might have no range limit
The effects may have no range limit, but the effects themselves still have to travel at the speed of light. The question is whether the ELS were within a two light year radius of Earth; if not then they weren't initially attracted by the TAB.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:54   Link #9218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC that bit about the Trans-AM Burst having no range limit was about the evolution of other Innovators.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:01   Link #9219
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
IIRC that bit about the Trans-AM Burst having no range limit was about the evolution of other Innovators.
Yes, but that "no range limit" was still within the context of on and around Earth. I doubt Ian was speaking from an interstellar perspective. And I believe what wencong1356 was referring to was the quantum brainwaves propagated by GN Particles, not the evolution of Innovators in-and-of themselves.
Old 2010-10-13, 16:25   Link #9220
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Yep, you can tell by the lack of shoulder binders.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie