AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 21:07   Link #3061
Seiryuu

It's not surprising or reprehensible imho that the family killed Alice's father. I mean, we've seen that the infection takes longer with some people than others, and the family's probably not entirely clear on all the details like the people who had to fight their way through. I mean, even if they had them strip and searched every inch of their skin for possible wounds that could have caught a bit of saliva (or whatever is in those bites), what would they do if they're halfway through when suddenly the person bends down and bites through their spine? I wouldn't take a risk of letting someone in that could suddenly turn into a powerful killing machine, or letting him damage the only thing standing between my family and Them.
And the sound of the girl's voice attracting the zombies when there didn't seem to be too much effect from daddy doesn't seem too strange either. The father was up next to the door, and the girl was right next to the road. More importantly, there's enough going on that they might have turned and then turned away again after daddy suddenly went silent. We already know they can be slow to move. In other words, a few on the street hear Dad and start to turn, then turn to a stray cat when things go quiet, then suddenly there's a long, constant, high-pitched sound closer to the street and thus carrying farther.
Also, I worry a bit about their taking the girl on. I mean, they basically made her a mascot or symbol of their continued humanity, proof that they can put themselves on the line. In a way, she's become sort of an anchor for them, giving them something to protect rather than just fighting for themselves. She's defenseless, and if something happens to her, everything could come crashing down in an instant. I just hope the authors don't decide to do something that sadistic.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:14   Link #3062
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
It's not surprising or reprehensible imho that the family killed Alice's father. I mean, we've seen that the infection takes longer with some people than others, and the family's probably not entirely clear on all the details like the people who had to fight their way through. I mean, even if they had them strip and searched every inch of their skin for possible wounds that could have caught a bit of saliva (or whatever is in those bites), what would they do if they're halfway through when suddenly the person bends down and bites through their spine? I wouldn't take a risk of letting someone in that could suddenly turn into a powerful killing machine, or letting him damage the only thing standing between my family and Them.
And the sound of the girl's voice attracting the zombies when there didn't seem to be too much effect from daddy doesn't seem too strange either. The father was up next to the door, and the girl was right next to the road. More importantly, there's enough going on that they might have turned and then turned away again after daddy suddenly went silent. We already know they can be slow to move. In other words, a few on the street hear Dad and start to turn, then turn to a stray cat when things go quiet, then suddenly there's a long, constant, high-pitched sound closer to the street and thus carrying farther.
Also, I worry a bit about their taking the girl on. I mean, they basically made her a mascot or symbol of their continued humanity, proof that they can put themselves on the line. In a way, she's become sort of an anchor for them, giving them something to protect rather than just fighting for themselves. She's defenseless, and if something happens to her, everything could come crashing down in an instant. I just hope the authors don't decide to do something that sadistic.
I agree that instead of morality pet she more like The Load, especially the dog. All that barking isn't helping.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:19   Link #3063
ZeKeR
Superbad

oh my... i cant stop looking at teh boobs....
Old 2010-08-16, 21:41   Link #3064
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Well, IIRC, there's Maka's father in Soul Eater.

Also, OverMaster approves your shipping selection.
I said it was rare, not impossible.

Glad I'm not the only one that is rooting for these two pairings.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 22:36   Link #3065
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Then a speculation thread then.

The origin is pretty much hinted in the anime saying about the virus that the US and Japanese gov are hidding which caused the outbreak. Pretty much takes out the supernatural plot here as I said before. The only thing we can speculate is which gov had this leak that caused this world wide spread.

I agree though here since IAM BIAS when it comes to Hirano. He may not be a fighter, but he's the best with guns in the group. Developments from the get go makes you go whoa this guy is awesome doing this and having more great facial expressions. If Takashi wants to setup he needs to become more than the guy that the girls go for, emo gone manly overnight and keeps his pants on so HOTD won't turn H. lol He needs more development than the generic male lead, one or 2 moment isn't enough, one reason why I still can't compare him to Hirano. Hirano's only weakness for now is the allure of the girls and not being able to fight, but using tools, protecting the girls when getting out of the bus, best background development where almost every episode he talks about his past, has the best lines in the anime as seen all through out the anime series so far.
hmm, you reminded me of something somebody else said about haruno's evil faces making him better than takashi.... to be honest the manga handled that whole thing way better, and when i read it the first time it seriously creeped me out watching takashi's dark side more than haruno's. that being said the parts where you see it best with have not yet come up, or were not quite as good in the anime so to be honest i wish they did that better...the gas station had more potential than the gave.
Spoiler for Manga Takashi GS ch. 4:

Last edited by disposablehero92; 2010-08-16 at 22:56.
disposablehero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 22:43   Link #3066
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
I still don't see why they killed him. It's not like the zombies were right behind him atm.

the only reason i see is that fear clouded their judgement.
And come on not saving a little girl when all they had to do is open a door.I hope that guy dies
Of course it's fear. You literally can't trust anyone.

Though I doubt the family would last long with all those zombies at their front
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 23:09   Link #3067
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero92 View Post
hmm, you reminded me of something somebody else said about haruno's evil faces making him better than takashi.... to be honest the manga handled that whole thing way better, and when i read it the first time it seriously creeped me out watching takashi's dark side more than haruno's. that being said the parts where you see it best with have not yet come up, or were not quite as good in the anime so to be honest i wish they did that better...the gas station had more potential than the gave.
Spoiler for Manga Takashi GS ch. 4:
Takashi is all nice and happy in the anime (well when not depressed from all the stuff going on) But in the manga, he is scary to no limit o.o....
Old 2010-08-16, 23:29   Link #3068
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Manga Takashi face look doesn't really creep me out nor impress me since there is no intensity in hitting a cash register. Seen more creepier faces like that since it's horror genre and pretty much Iam used to it plus his face looks like a rip off from someone...*cough buso-renkin*

Anyways Saya is WET!!!
Quote:
Spoiler for safe NOT!!!:
Glad she got her fanservice shots here since ep.6 where lacking a bit of Saya.
Old 2010-08-16, 23:38   Link #3069
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Manga Takashi face look doesn't really creep me out nor impress me since there is no intensity in hitting a cash register. Seen more creepier faces like that since it's horror genre and pretty much Iam used to it plus his face looks like a rip off from someone...*cough buso-renkin*

Anyways Saya is WET!!!

Glad she got her fanservice shots here since ep.6 where lacking a bit of Saya.
Well the difference between Anime Takashi and Manga Takashi can still make the viewers view him in a different way.

Also Saya has gotten so much love from the directors (AKA: Fan-Service shots) ever since episode 6, we all love to see some Saya Fan-Service once in a while when most of us are done with Saeko
Old 2010-08-16, 23:42   Link #3070
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

My only comment here is "lol shotgun physics." Not to say that it's bad, because it was hilarious, but man I wish my shotgun performed like the Ithaca in ep 7. Seriously, one shell knocks down a whole group of them, and another sends a zombie flying and spinning away? Shit, I'm using the wrong buckshot. Gimme some of yours, Hirano.

Also, JAWOHL!
Old 2010-08-16, 23:47   Link #3071
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Takashi is all nice and happy in the anime (well when not depressed from all the stuff going on) But in the manga, he is scary to no limit o.o....
I do love the fanservice and all, but I'm also looking forward to seeing the gradual change of the characters more. The story depicts this well enough, by showing a society having gone to hell and back and back to hell again, trying to cope and survive.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 23:56   Link #3072
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I agree that instead of morality pet she more like The Load, especially the dog. All that barking isn't helping.
The dog is The Load maybe, but Alice isn't really much of a hindrance, and can actually be helpful at times, especially on a bike.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 00:02   Link #3073
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
My only comment here is "lol shotgun physics." Not to say that it's bad, because it was hilarious, but man I wish my shotgun performed like the Ithaca in ep 7. Seriously, one shell knocks down a whole group of them, and another sends a zombie flying and spinning away? Shit, I'm using the wrong buckshot. Gimme some of yours, Hirano.

Also, JAWOHL!
Might be a sabot round in the spinning zombie though. The buckshot round effect is overrated though.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 00:10   Link #3074
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Might be a sabot round in the spinning zombie though. The buckshot round effect is overrated though.
Sabot? I could've sworn it was a bazooka, or maybe the spinning zombie was just really skinny and light. If all shotguns worked this way, we would never have to fear being swarmed. One shot, and they'll all go flying away.
Old 2010-08-17, 00:38   Link #3075
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Soooooooooooo much delicious Busu.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 00:57   Link #3076
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well the difference between Anime Takashi and Manga Takashi can still make the viewers view him in a different way.

Also Saya has gotten so much love from the directors (AKA: Fan-Service shots) ever since episode 6, we all love to see some Saya Fan-Service once in a while when most of us are done with Saeko
True though...but since I've watched horror since I was young and many animes, Iam pretty much not impress with the male lead since he's still quite generic, Hirano though on the other hand is another story. Let's leave Takashi and get on with GIRLS!!!

And yes seeing more Saya fanservice here is blast. Hope they keep that up in the coming episodes.

Also on other characters no one discussed here the zombies, the designs, looks...etc.
Old 2010-08-17, 01:00   Link #3077
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Seen parts of it and the opening shot's powerful (again) as the police can no longer protect the public since their roadblocks are being overwhelmed by zombie crowds.

I'll do the rest later/when I have more time this week.

(Though I wonder what Xe would be doing in this since they were contracted by the Japanese government and possible the Ministry of Defense to guard their radar station).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 01:19   Link #3078
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Sabot? I could've sworn it was a bazooka, or maybe the spinning zombie was just really skinny and light. If all shotguns worked this way, we would never have to fear being swarmed. One shot, and they'll all go flying away.
I mean a hammerhead slug.

Damn I always get those two mixed up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 01:39   Link #3079
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

is it me or the animation of zobies being shot down looks like one of them shooting gallery in carnivals >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 02:54   Link #3080
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Not really reminded me of various horror movies where you snipe zombies.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse