Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-08, 04:52   Link #1
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

Full-time Expert (Quánzhí Gāoshǒu)

全职高手 by Butterfly Blue (蝴蝶蓝)

It has the most recommendations in the Game Career category in qidian at 4.6 million

Raws
Translation

In the online game Glory, Ye Xiu is regarded as a textbook level peak expert. However, due to all kinds of reasons, he is expelled from a club. Afterwards, he picks up a job at an Internet Cafe and becomes a small network manager. Possessing ten years of online gaming experience Glory, he once again throws himself into the game through Glory’s tenth server. Bringing with him past experiences and an imperfect self-made weapon, his journey to the summit again begins.

The novel uses a lot of references/terms from the korean game dungeon fighter and has no romance
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:11   Link #2
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Meh, I'll pass on this one.

VRMMO/online game themed novels is something that I truly dislike, and, to make things even worse, there's no romance.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:27   Link #3
BlazingKyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Meh, I'll pass on this one.

VRMMO/online game themed novels is something that I truly dislike, and, to make things even worse, there's no romance.
Uhmm...it's not Virtual Reality but played with mouse and keyboard.
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:54   Link #4
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

OH!! this one, i know it. It's pretty decent. better than most of those VRMMO spewing novels
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:57   Link #5
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingKyogre View Post
Uhmm...it's not Virtual Reality but played with mouse and keyboard.
I don't know if you noticed, but there's an "/online game" after the VRMMO. Which means that I do know that this is not a Virtual Reality novel.

Not that it elevates my impression of it in any way.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 00:57   Link #6
Rainne

this is actually much better than the crap the Zhan long author puts out even tho its not virtual reality.
this novel feel like a MMORPG that can come out in the future in 5-10 years or so with the current rate of tech, virtual reality is still decades if not centuries away.

I really cant forget how awful Zhan long and the legendary Thief are.
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 11:24   Link #7
obnuchious

maybe it's because the author tried to integrate multiple things in one story...

VRMMO + Martial Arts + Sci Fi
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 19:19   Link #8
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

The “全职” in title is more of "full-class" instead of "full-time", indicating the protagonist's classless(does not ascend into a profession) character can use every basic skill of the 24 classes.

Fan? or Qidian made short video about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVY66hhmA-Q
Doubt it will go anime anytime soon though.

Last edited by TYxTxYT; 2015-08-22 at 19:45.
TYxTxYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 19:43   Link #9
s.a.w..

I read some of this, but a lot of the narration makes it seem like a vrmmo, it feels like someone trying desperately to make something that is only fun when you do it yourself epic. The control system is simply to far fetched in my opinion.
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 00:07   Link #10
HandofFate

Yea, the game system itself isn't very believable. It's like trying to bring in korean starcraft Pro longistics into regular MMO playing.
but at least I'm not reading it because of that.

I'm with with reading Xi make everyone's mouth drop. Looking forward to this series progress after I got really really bored with what's happening in ZL and CGS.
Old 2015-08-23, 00:38   Link #11
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yea, the game system itself isn't very believable. It's like trying to bring in korean starcraft Pro longistics into regular MMO playing.
but at least I'm not reading it because of that.

I'm with with reading Xi make everyone's mouth drop. Looking forward to this series progress after I got really really bored with what's happening in ZL and CGS.
Definitely helps if the reader is familiar with the game DNF/DFO.
Still, the book gets better when it enters the pro playoff arc, most of the pros depicted are likeable people and teams have formed their own "team fan" in the reader base.
Old 2015-08-23, 08:21   Link #12
techblade

I don't get the appeal of virtual reality stories cause all the power and struggles of the MC is all fake once they log off. Sure the emotional aspects will be there I guess but I just can't take it seriously.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 09:47   Link #13
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
I don't get the appeal of virtual reality stories cause all the power and struggles of the MC is all fake once they log off. Sure the emotional aspects will be there I guess but I just can't take it seriously.
But the thing is that these protagonists usually DON'T log off.
The authors usually bend themselves over backwards to come up with explanations why their protagonists can stay up 23,5 hours a day just to play a game. And even if their struggle is "fake", they can play around with "killing off" their maincharacters without actually having to deal with the consequences.

(Think: exciting writing for beginners).

Does this series deal with the RL-side in any way? Because there is no difference between a "protagonist living in a fantasy world" and a "protagonist living in a game that simulates a fantasy world" if they don't do anything outside the game... and by "outside the game" I don't mean "they walk around to kill time before they log in again", or "they encounter things that become *highly* relevant to their ingame adventures".
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 10:29   Link #14
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
This is not virtual reality, this is just keyboard/mouse e-sport.
The protagonist aim for championship, not immortality/wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Does this series deal with the RL-side in any way? Because there is no difference between a "protagonist living in a fantasy world" and a "protagonist living in a game that simulates a fantasy world" if they don't do anything outside the game... and by "outside the game" I don't mean "they walk around to kill time before they log in again", or "they encounter things that become *highly* relevant to their ingame adventures".
Yes, this is non-VR e-sport and RL communication is a huge part.
Old 2015-08-24, 17:26   Link #15
Namorax

I will give it a try, though I can't imagine that the narration of a "non-VR" game differs much from the narration of a "VR" game... unless the reader has to go through half a chapter of the protagonost hitting the keyboard/mouse like a piano virtuoso.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 18:24   Link #16
obnuchious

3rd POV ... ain't 1st POV so it's better for this story... not to mention it does not solely focus on just one character
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 02:28   Link #17
BlazingKyogre

Breaking news! The King's Avatar is getting a Japanese light novel adaptation!
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 13:18   Link #18
bakato

Breaking news! Anime!

Christ. This isn't even a VRMMORPG and it looks better than it has a right to be.
Old 2016-08-28, 09:29   Link #19
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

>Sees Su Mucheng
>no romance

Author whyyyy
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:48   Link #20
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
>Sees Su Mucheng
>no romance

Author whyyyy
The manhua did wonders for Chen Guo. She kinda resembles Mahouka's Sayaka Mibu, who wasn't really my type.

Tags
action rpg, mmorpg