AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-12-21, 00:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 850 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time for some ho-ho-holiday spoilers! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "Ray of Light". Splash page features Smoker and a smoking snake.

-In the mirror world, Chopper tries to locate Luffy and the rest, but the sheer number of mirrors makes that a difficult task. Outside the mirror realm, Sanji heads off to present his dish to Pudding. When one of the guards asks him if he's headed out, the happy chef tells him that he's off to be healed by his "ray of light". Cutting back to the prison library, Luffy is determined to escape.... even if it means he has to tear his arms off.

-Meanwhile, at the courtyard, Pedro vs. Tamago continues. The egg man asks the mink why he returned, to which Pedro responds that he believes the Straw-Hats are the only ones who can return the world to "dawn". He then slashes Tamago! Back to Sanji, he tries to visit Pudding, but the door to her room (a homie) bars him from entering. Therefore, the young cook has no choice but to take a more roundabout approach, and tries getting to her room from the terrace. As he finally reaches his destination however, he comes across a strange sight....

-Inside of Pudding's room is Reiju, who's tied to a chair. Keeping her company is Pudding herself.... whose third eye is revealed. Sanji's fiance then sneers at her groom-to-be, whom she's unaware is watching the scene from right outside the window. The truth then becomes known: Pudding was deceiving the Straw-Hats all along. Pudding is, in fact, one of Big Mom's favorite children, and is also very good at acting. In fact, only Linlin herself is aware of Pudding's true colors. We then get a brief flashback of the scene where she whispered to Luffy in the prison. She tells him that she intends to KILL SANJI, which is why she won't be marrying him. It also looks like she also tells Luffy that the rest of his gang won't escape alive, either. She then says goodbye to the "pitiful rats"....

-Back in the present, Pudding tells a bloody Reiju that Big Mom has been aiming for Germa's technology and clone army since the start. Therefore, now that the Germa kingdom is docked in their territory, all that needs to be done is to just exterminate the entire Vinsmoke clan on the day of the wedding!!! Sanji, who's been secretly listening to Pudding's speech from outside, merely has a blank expression on his face...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-12-22 at 16:34.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 01:57   Link #2
The Small One

Interesting. So instead of getting SH vs. Big Mom & Germa we may now get a SH & Germa vs. Big Mom. Assuming that Sanji's family even believes him.
Too bad this revelation had to be before a two week break.

Any more info on the third eye? Is it a DF power, or some trait of a yet unknown species?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 06:30   Link #3
WyrdMonger

Well, Judge is in for a shock.

Now will Sanji lend a hand, or let his family suffer and die? Maybe Reiju at least.

This chapter my imply that Chiffon and Praline may be deceiving their husbands as well.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 07:31   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

By this chance, if Reiju report to Judge she know that the marriage can be aborted and turn to war and Pudding has to shut Reiju up before that since maybe she discover something that makes her hunted by Pudding.

My guess is Nami will defeat Pudding at this rate, punishing her with Thunderbolt Tempo. Now Chopper and Carrot has to make it out from Mirror's world to launch surprise attack on Big Mom.

Speaking on current situation now we haven't see who will play as Franky's Family and who will play as Oimo and other Elbaf on Eines Lobby Arc and maybe those who was oppressed by Big Mom's family (One of best odds is Nox Pirates led by Pedro) at Thriller Bark Arc.

On Thriller Bark Arc that was made on this Arc possibly Nox Pirates will be SH allies while from Eines Lobby it seems Reiju has to convince Germa to defect just like how Usopp convinces Elbaf guard to defect to his side.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 09:06   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, the people who believed Pudding was evil were right.
Old 2016-12-21, 09:35   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
i knew it! "Pudding's surprise attack on Reiju!"
Old 2016-12-21, 10:59   Link #7
Homura7

I'm not sure I buy this "Pudding is evil" twist. Her tears when she whispered to Luffy and Nami seemed genuine.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 12:06   Link #8
coded321
He Who Games

^well it does say that her acting is so good that only big mom herself knows her real personality. Unless she has split personalities, we'll have to assume everything up to this point was a complete act
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 13:07   Link #9
Blaat

I was suspicious of Pudding but I was not-so secretly hoping that the entire thing was a giant misunderstanding.

But nope, she's plain evil. Have to laugh that the Year of Sanji ends up being the Year of Sanji's suffering.
Old 2016-12-21, 17:26   Link #10
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Ah, 2016 continues to be nothing but pure malice, even in One Piece. Not only do we now have full confirmation that Pudding is nothing but an evil bitch, we also have a massive two-week cliffhanger. 'Tis going to be a long wait, though I really do hope that this arc wraps up by February, since otherwise it's going to start dragging like Dressrosa

Actually, the best outcome I see here is for Luffy and Co to get Sanji, hope the Poneglyph gets copied, and then let Germa and BM fight it out. Is it the coward's way? Yes, but it also increases their own chances of surviving, and I really don't want two month's or even more worth of chapters dedicated to showing to actual battle between the SH and BM, consisting of Luffy getting battered around by an Emperor before making a comeback. A Month, maybe... but we know it would take a lot longer than that.

Though granted, I did survive the period where Oda was really sick and had an inconsistent schedule

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 19:02   Link #11
Rainbowman

Seems like the Vinsmoke family and the Charlotte family were plotting to betray each other. The war between them may be inevitable.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 19:49   Link #12
Ramero

I'd rather to see Tamatebako's effect first since we're here on Whole Cake Island Arc, Big Mom and their Crew is like CP9 and Marines.

I think Reiju found out the plan of Charlotte Family rather than plotting to betray each other and i hope Sanji doesn't break his code for not kicking any women.

I want Nami to punish Pudding and since she is the best person to deal with Pudding while Luffy have to deal with Big Mom, Sanji will possibly deal with other Lieutenants.
Old 2016-12-21, 20:05   Link #13
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If that's real, then I was one of the ones who so called it.
Old 2016-12-22, 00:50   Link #14
Ramero

Cover feature is smoking area.. No wonder Smoker got kicked out is he smoke on no smoking area XD

I hope Nami can develop her deceiveness further after this.
Old 2016-12-22, 01:13   Link #15
danielevo

Im just wonder if big mom really going to beat down in this arc.. How about you guys all think ?
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 03:42   Link #16
Ramero

She will get beaten down and i think Marines will also butt in here to capture Big Mom's crew. Just remember that Straw Hats use half of his crew to defeat Doflamingo and i think Big Mom will be also defeated in the same way as well.

Marines will surely notice this and send around maybe seven warships to capture Big Mom Pirates if they heard lot of commotion happened on Whole Cake island. I personally think that Kizaru could participate in this raid.
Old 2016-12-22, 06:58   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Damn, she sure fooled me. What was the point in crying after telling Luffy & Nami the truth though? Seems like Oda just trolling us.

Also, did Tamago get cut in half? Sure looked like it, but I'm going to assume he has a devil fruit ability that allows him to survive that.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 07:14   Link #18
Ultragunner

oh my, it looks like Sanji is doomed to be single (for now) what a way to close the "year of Sanji" Oda

and what on earth did the Vinsmoke expect? Did they seriously think they could outsmart/outplay Big Mom? She is a f'ng Yonko for goddess sake!!
Old 2016-12-22, 07:50   Link #19
Homura7

So that explains why Pudding didn't show up in the forest. Poor Sanji, his only ray of hope is now gone. And to make matters worse, his sister, the only member in the Vinsmoke family that genuinely cares for him is in quite the predicament. Talk about ending the year with a bang, bravo, Oda!
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 07:59   Link #20
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Damn, she sure fooled me. What was the point in crying after telling Luffy & Nami the truth though? Seems like Oda just trolling us.
Maybe just to rub it in, or maybe because not every family member is in on the plot (yet).

Either way, though, what a chapter. I love it. So the way Sanji is going to get out of his situation is that either the Strawhats will have to temporarily team up with the Vinsmokes or the Vinsmokes are going to get rekt by Big Mom. Either way, Sanji won't have to worry about Zeff anymore. Get ready for epicness.