AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-10, 22:06   Link #501
Nicaea

Haruhiko should learn not to startle people so much. It happened last episode with Koito too
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 22:22   Link #502
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

All about Kurumi this time but that bear world was as good as the rabbit world
Old 2016-02-10, 22:27   Link #503
grecefar

Much honey in this chapter for kurumi, it wans't that bad though if you like sweetness, like the part of kurumi making friends.

The bear was cool.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 23:38   Link #504
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Albrecht is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute~!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 01:29   Link #505
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

In this episode of The World's Most Incompetent Ghostbusters:
- Recycled plot-lines!
- Child exploitation time!
- Don't do drugs, kids! No, seriously, this entire episode is what happens when you drop acid.

So we have another "personal problems cause characters to be abducted by fairies into a fantasy world episode." At least Butt-Monkey remembered not to eat the food this time. Otherwise, this episode, like the Hoover Girl episode, was just an excuse for KyoAni artists to experiment with different art-styles; and the writers to draw out one joke too many from a bag of un-bearable puns.

It was cute, but possibly duller than a bag full of marbles, and definitely dumber than a bag of hammers. Remember kids, exploiting children is fun, and is totally worth all the therapy they'll have to go through later ... assuming the goblins don't get them first!
Old 2016-02-11, 02:10   Link #506
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, so apparently next episode is CATS. "Schrödinger's Cat Mansion", to be exact.

We've literally gone from abducting bunnies to mushroom bears to CATS.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 02:36   Link #507
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
i was expecting Albrecht to be more like Ted minus the alcoholism & sex drive, that or Kurumi has some sick imagination,

despite being just an imagine spot, i celebrate when Ruru gets eaten by baby Reina, bye bye dumb annoying mascot character that doesn't contribute to the team other than piss you off,

seriously KyoAni, just adapt another chapter of FMP! intead of wasting the budget on crappy parody mecha designs.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 02:43   Link #508
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

I want my own Albrecht. I adore his massive cuddly smile.
Old 2016-02-11, 03:06   Link #509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was cute. It was in line with the rest. I don't know what the haters expect to be so disappointed every week.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 05:04   Link #510
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It was cute. It was in line with the rest. I don't know what the haters expect to be so disappointed every week.
What we expected was a bit of originality something sorta knew. None of us will disagree it was cute the problem is its literally the exact same as the last one. COTD gets rid of a struggle using a phantom world and an important character. The fact is you lack orginality. Mai Koito and Kurumi all have basically the same story with small differences. Now the problem is you have a clear plot line in whatever that device was but you refuse to use it. Its not only unintelligent its borderline ridiculous.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 05:55   Link #511
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm starting to miss the main plot. It's not like the phantom-of-the-week aspect is bad. In fact it's nice to see how some phantoms can interact well with humans. This episode was a bit too simple, though. Makes you wonder if Kurumi is a good fit for the show.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 07:43   Link #512
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Aside of the "girl problem => phantom taking advantage of that" formula here, I don't see the problem here either.

Nothing mindblowing, and more or less passable in my books. Episodes so far actually expanded a bit each character, so at least we are done with that (unless they do some sort of haru's special ep). Unlike Reina and Koito, Kurumi's "issue" is more or less fixed, and she is actually showing more potential on the long run, sort of.

My main complain though is that Haru is a good sidekick, but a dull main protagonist. It would have been less jarring if the series followed Mai's perspective but that's probably just me.
Old 2016-02-11, 08:05   Link #513
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm starting to miss the main plot. It's not like the phantom-of-the-week aspect is bad. In fact it's nice to see how some phantoms can interact well with humans. This episode was a bit too simple, though. Makes you wonder if Kurumi is a good fit for the show.
Kurumi is a good fit for the show but the problem is more or less Haru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Aside of the "girl problem => phantom taking advantage of that" formula here, I don't see the problem here either.

Nothing mindblowing, and more or less passable in my books. Episodes so far actually expanded a bit each character, so at least we are done with that (unless they do some sort of haru's special ep). Unlike Reina and Koito, Kurumi's "issue" is more or less fixed, and she is actually showing more potential on the long run, sort of.

My main complain though is that Haru is a good sidekick, but a dull main protagonist. It would have been less jarring if the series followed Mai's perspective but that's probably just me.
Its passable i agree but not by much. You had a good plot going with Koito and the device he took but now you've ignored it. Plus the phantom of the week problem is fine if you have variety but these are extremely similar stories with mai Rena Koito and Kurumi. The problem is if you watch the early parts of the episode what happens is EXTREMELY predictable.

I'll also agree that Haru is a terrible protagonist however the lack of a concrete plot 6 episodes in is jarring. Again i'm reminded of a show from last season charlotte First episode good and had potential 2-6 simply lost that potential. This next one interestingly enough seems like one for him which i pray i'm wrong about

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-02-11, 08:16   Link #514
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its passable i agree but not by much. You had a good plot going with Koito and the device he took but now you've ignored it. Plus the phantom of the week problem is fine if you have variety but these are extremely similar stories with mai Rena Koito and Kurumi. The problem is if you watch the early parts of the episode what happens is EXTREMELY predictable. I'll also agree that Haru is a terrible protagonist however the lack of a concrete plot 6 episodes in is jarring. Again i'm reminded of a show from last season charlotte First episode good and had potential 2-6 simply lost that potential. This next one interestingly enough seems like one for him which i pray i'm wrong about
That's why I said "in my books". You don't have to challenge anyone's opinion about "it is passable, but barely!". I think you have voiced your opinion loudly enough already.

The similarities between Mai, Rena, Koito and Kurumi stories are merely how the story proceeds with them, but their issues and conclusions are definitely different.
-Mai's case isn't even a problem to begin with, and it is a downright interactions with phantoms years before.
-Reina's issue is strictly a human based one, and a phantom took advantage of it. Her family issue isn't even fixed yet, but she actually didn't fall for some artificial comfort and sees herself part of the group now. Even if she still didn't tell her parents she is in a phantom hunting club, that episode is actually meaningful considering she could simply indulge herself with the phantoms, but didn't in the end.
-Koito's issue is phantom related, and the phantom she wants to exact revenge on is still at large or sealed. That said, that instance made her open up slightly towards Haru's clique.
-Kurumi's issue is personal and its source is mainly her own insecurity. We have a glimpse of her imagination which is in line with her age and traits.

All those issues are completely different from each other, and while the series didn't make much to solve them in a different fashion, their respective outcome aren't the same whatsoever (heck, even Reina and Koito are definitely not on the same page when it comes to conclusion).

Predictable? Sure, but is that really makes the show bad? Honestly, I don't see what you are even expecting from a series that doesn't take itself too seriously and goes just on harmless fun. It isn't like Musaigen had any pretention of being serious whatsoever thus far, and even Haru's infodump are more like trivia and (overused) jokes than anything else.

Finally, I don't see why we need the "main plot asap" where the main plot was rather subverted thus far, with characters being more important from the very first episode. It is way more logical to expand all the main characters first so the audience knows them for a bit instead of having characters problems coincidentally merged with a main plot whatsoever. It isn't like 1 episode without that device means they completely took that plot part entirely. The first half of the series is done, and we are done with characters introductions and world setting. Long winded? Perhaps, but arguably not alarming.
Old 2016-02-11, 08:32   Link #515
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's why I said "in my books". You don't have to challenge anyone's opinion about "it is passable, but barely!". I think you have voiced your opinion loudly enough already.

The similarities between Mai, Rena, Koito and Kurumi stories are merely how the story proceeds with them, but their issues and conclusions are definitely different.
-Mai's case isn't even a problem to begin with, and it is a downright interactions with phantoms years before.
-Reina's issue is strictly a human based one, and a phantom took advantage of it. Her family issue isn't even fixed yet, but she actually didn't fall for some artificial comfort and sees herself part of the group now. Even if she still didn't tell her parents she is in a phantom hunting club, that episode is actually meaningful considering she could simply indulge herself with the phantoms, but didn't in the end.
-Koito's issue is phantom related, and the phantom she wants to exact revenge on is still at large or sealed. That said, that instance made her open up slightly towards Haru's clique.
-Kurumi's issue is personal and its source is mainly her own insecurity. We have a glimpse of her imagination which is in line with her age and traits.

All those issues are completely different from each other, and while the series didn't make much to solve them in a different fashion, their respective outcome aren't the same whatsoever (heck, even Reina and Koito are definitely not on the same page when it comes to conclusion).

Predictable? Sure, but is that really makes the show bad? Honestly, I don't see what you are even expecting from a series that doesn't take itself too seriously and goes just on harmless fun. It isn't like Musaigen had any pretention of being serious whatsoever thus far, and even Haru's infodump are more like trivia and (overused) jokes than anything else.

Finally, I don't see why we need the "main plot asap" where the main plot was rather subverted thus far, with characters being more important from the very first episode. It is way more logical to expand all the main characters first so the audience knows them for a bit instead of having characters problems coincidentally merged with a main plot whatsoever. It isn't like 1 episode without that device means they completely took that plot part entirely. The first half of the series is done, and we are done with characters introductions and world setting. Long winded? Perhaps, but arguably not alarming.
Its all opinion really. Then again the fact that most of this is apparently AO is terrifying because Kyoani adapted a story and then completely ignored it. You hoped if thats the case you get something far better but so far its failed to deliver. Many other stories are in their 2nd plotlines possibly third.

Old 2016-02-11, 08:36   Link #516
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

And what's the actual issue with anime original if it is done right?
I swear the community is stigmatizing the word "anime original" or "filler" for no damn reason.

Yes, AO are often bad because they generally are there for padding, which often drags the plot pace or incurs contradictions/clumsy mistakes that will lead to issues with later arcs etc. But that's not an iron rule, and there are instances where AO are actually nice and expanding the original franchise without any issue whatsoever (prime example I have in mind is Shingeki no Kyojin "filler" episode).

Thus far, I didn't even notice Kurumi's episode was a filler, and it didn't feel particularly better or worse than previous episodes at all. In such case, that's pretty ok since that episode didn't feel out of place, which makes it a succesful AO in my books.
Could they proceed with the plot without Kurumi's episode? Absolutely! Is that episode completely useless? Imo, not really. It actually gives some thoughts for a character that appeared as a "token loli" thus far, and she got development thanks to it. So really, I can't call that a "pointless filler" at all. It is mainly in line with previous episodes. In fact, she has somewhat a well earned role now, because prior that episode, I felt her presence was merely as to fill the loli quota.

I don't even understand your complain while you admit yourself that you didn't even read the original LN. How is that even pertinent to call that "oh, it is anime original, so it is bad/terrifying!" when you don't have the actual knowledge to be the judge? Parroting some LN readers who rightfully dislike them? That's really not really a fair judgement if you ask me.
If you didn't like the episodes thus far, that's cool since it is your opinion. But please do not start using the excuse it is a "AO" to justify the series shortcoming. I don't buy that.

As someone who often advocate accurate and faithful adaption above anything else, I still believe AO are never a problem so long they make -sense- with the series.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-02-11 at 08:48.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 09:21   Link #517
novalysis

In any case, Kyo-ani has been infamous for making much of their adaptations, being largely anime original. This happened for Chuunibyou, it happened for Kyokai no Kanata, it happened for Tamako Market. That Kyo-ani choose to go down this route, rather than the approach they took for Hyouka or to a large extent, Hibike Euphonium, shouldn't surprise people.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 09:52   Link #518
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The episodes are plenty fine. Not saying they're the epitome of creativity but you guys are fixating on that single point so hard that you're averting your eyes purposely from all the other things.

It took me more time to look up the goddamn difference between purposely and purposefully than to write this post and I still don't get it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 11:08   Link #519
Hakuro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, so apparently next episode is CATS. "Schrödinger's Cat Mansion", to be exact.

We've literally gone from abducting bunnies to mushroom bears to CATS.
Schrödinger's Cat episode is actually part of the LN so Kyoani is going back to the source instead of keeping the anime original content - which was already full of shit - so at this point they're not going into the main plot, just another Amagi Brilliant Park ending.

If the AO episodes were fine then Phantom World should be doing a much better job on Japan, and that's not the case - if you want guys check Nico and SP as example -. So yeah even if is really hard to complain in this forum since everyone with a negative perspective is getting nuked, the numbers and how the Japanese viewers feels about this adaptation is right there as a fact.

Next episodes.
Spoiler for Already published:
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 11:28   Link #520
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
If the AO episodes were fine then Phantom World should be doing a much better job on Japan, and that's not the case - if you want guys check Nico and SP as example -. So yeah even if is really hard to complain in this forum since everyone with a negative perspective is getting nuked, the numbers and how the Japanese viewers feels about this adaptation is right there as a fact.
I find funny you say that "you can't complain" despite I'm usually one of those who openly accept criticism and often resort to that.
The main point is that AO or not doesn't mean jackshit if the directing and so forth is weak, which is the main problem for Musaigen.

As a non LN reader, the quality didn't exactly improve or deteriorate with the AO content, so honestly, claiming AO is the core of the problem is not exactly pertinent thus far.

Using japanese feedback isn't any better because it is plainly nitpicking with vocal reponses. That's as good as picking 2chan comments and making it "relevant".

Musaigen is definitely not popular in Japan, that's a given fact. That said, I don't see how the AO alone is the cause of this.
There are instances where KyoAni original did hurt one of their franchises (Chuunibyou second season among all things), but that doesn't make it a rule.

Tags
harem, special powers