AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Divers - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 57.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-22, 03:30   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 05:09   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 06:15   Link #3
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Cameos Galore!!

We've reached the point that if Patrick is not in the episode something's definitely wrong.

And it seems that Break Decal distribution is getting more rampant.
Old 2018-05-22, 06:51   Link #4
Skye629

Extreme Gundam doing the guitar, props to them throwing that in rofl

I guess the route they're going with this show is to continue doing your typical MMORPG stuff (this time it was events/festivals) while sprinkling in the Mass Diver stuff, until it eventually reaches a point where it becomes a real big issue which nobody can ignore

I wonder why this girl was able to shut down her Break Decal manually where before we have seen cases where the process failed

At any rate next week looks more interesting/action packed for a change
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 07:14   Link #5
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

gee, i wonder what made Patrick getting slapped in the face, as a VR avatar of all things.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 08:35   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Am I the only one who thinks that the drama in this episode is rather forced, sudden and shoved in? The execution of the said drama is quite cheesy too to the point where now I'm sure that GBD's target audience is (considerably) younger than GBF & GBFT (almost reaching the SD Gundam demographic). I had my doubts before, but this episode made that clear to me. The fight is average too.

It's too bad that the trite drama had to be there because other than that, this episode is quite fun. If it were up to me, I would've made this episode a total fun ride like the festival/carnival episode in GBF/T without the angst. The drama didn't even lead to a good mecha fight, and it sure as hell didn't have an emotional impact whatsoever (to me, at least).
Old 2018-05-22, 19:17   Link #7
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
We've reached the point that if Patrick is not in the episode something's definitely wrong.
'cept he was in this one too.
Old 2018-05-22, 22:09   Link #8
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
'cept he was in this one too.
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the drama in this episode is rather forced, sudden and shoved in?
I thought the same way too. If only they showed the entire all-girl force earlier, and have Stea show some hesitation and negativity of being together with them, the drama would have been better.
Old 2018-05-22, 23:52   Link #9
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The "I"m too weak" motive of Stea's was a little heavy-handed, but the situation itself was absolutely not a bad one. It's realistic and very relatable, and definitely something that fits in GBD. Riku's a little naive here, but his words are hardly set in stone when Ayame is clearly either a victim or a perpetrator of friends being abandoned in the hobby.

This was a good episode overall, and not just because we get to see Ayame's dignity put six feet under.
Old 2018-05-23, 09:45   Link #10
BluePhirePB

... so who got the bear prize at the end?
BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 10:05   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think, I have a better question for this episode:
Did that Stea girl actually got away scott free after what she's done? No penalty or banning? Not only did she used a Break Decal (which is a popular cheating tool) to win a stupid fight that she started, she also caused major disturbance to the event. Where are the system rules?! Where the hell are the moderators and game masters?! Did they seriously just forgave her just because she's a desperate cute girl avatar?

World-building, where are you? Even SAO established VRMMO rules better than this. (unless GBD truly is just for little kids who don't care about simple details). Who wrote this episode anyway? Is it the same guy who did the stupid Perisia episode?
Old 2018-05-23, 11:04   Link #12
foxbox360
New Age Badass

stea is based on stella from gundam seed destiny, she even pilot the same mecha as her.
Old 2018-05-23, 20:04   Link #13
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think, I have a better question for this episode:
Did that Stea girl actually got away scott free after what she's done? No penalty or banning? Not only did she used a Break Decal (which is a popular cheating tool) to win a stupid fight that she started, she also caused major disturbance to the event. Where are the system rules?! Where the hell are the moderators and game masters?! Did they seriously just forgave her just because she's a desperate cute girl avatar?

World-building, where are you? Even SAO established VRMMO rules better than this. (unless GBD truly is just for little kids who don't care about simple details). Who wrote this episode anyway? Is it the same guy who did the stupid Perisia episode?
For that matter what is the point of using Break Decal? It's not like aimbotting that is client side it has to be messing with code running on the server so all they should have to do is look at the game logs to see you using it. And then you would get auto banned. So it lets you win one fight, or not even that if the main characters are around, and then you lose your account.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 22:03   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
For that matter what is the point of using Break Decal? It's not like aimbotting that is client side it has to be messing with code running on the server so all they should have to do is look at the game logs to see you using it. And then you would get auto banned. So it lets you win one fight, or not even that if the main characters are around, and then you lose your account.
I'm actually taking into account that somebody reported that Shea girl to the admins. Maybe team Build Divers itself could've reported her. After all, she's done some damage to the event and ruining the fun of god knows how many players in that event. If Riku & co or Stea's own teammates did not report her after all that, that kinda proves their skewed sense of justice and fairness, right? So what? They forgave her coz she's cute while others who did the same "crime" got mercilessly slaughtered and blown up? That's kinda unfair treatment, don't you think?

Of course, we can brush all that aside if we know that GBD is targeting much younger demographic. Hence, the simplistic and cheesy idealism shown in the execution.
Old 2018-05-24, 03:48   Link #15
Skaddix

Yeah cute avatars don't tend to save you from bans being an elite player can get you slaps on the wrist but that is more for verbal abuse then outright cheating.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 04:55   Link #16
Tenzen12

It seems to me, that for some reason, there simply aren't moderators in first place.
Old 2018-05-25, 07:26   Link #17
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It seems to me, that for some reason, there simply aren't moderators in first place.
Because Break Decal would turn into something only people who were willing and able to spend hours making troll accounts, since a lot of stuff seems to be level locked, they were willing to lose would use. And then only until the admins rolled out a patch to stop it working.

Actually I am surprised that at least there have not been any announcements that the use of Break Decal would lead to banning and that they were working on something to fix the problem.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 03:22   Link #18
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
True enough granted you don't usually see mods until crap goes down in MMOPRGs and this is definitely something you expect some mods to show up for.

Yeah this is making SAO look good from a realistic videogame position which is saying something.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 06:48   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep. Again, the world-building is lacking so far. That, or the showrunners just don't care about common sense when it comes to online (VR) gaming and the gaming-business in general. They probably expect their target audience to just not pay any attention to that.