AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-07-15, 03:02   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime General Discussion Thread

Airing October 4th, 2015 on TBS/MBS' Sunday 5pm slot
- Directed by Tatsuyuki Nagai
- Written by Mari Okada
- The main characters are Mikazuki Augus and Orga Itsuka
- Name of the Gundam is Gundam Barbatos
- This Gundam is a high drama story of a bunch of child soldier orphans who band together to find a place they can call home
- The main Gundam is a relic from the previous war which starts as a wreck, but will evolve and get stronger as they defeat more enemies and upgrade the parts bit by bit
- The Gundam shares the same base frame as all other Mobile Suits, and so can cannibalize parts, weapons, and armor as the story progresses.

Full Staff:
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Character Concept Design: Yu Ito
Character Design: Michinori Chiba
Mechanical Design: Naohiro Washio, Kanetake Ebikawa, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Tamotsu Shinohara
Background Art: Kusanagi
Music: Masaru Yokoyama

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 03:05   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PV and Synopsis:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
It is a world roughly three hundred years after the end of a great conflict known as the "Calamity War".

The Earth Sphere lost its previous system of government and a new world was built with a new ruling system. While a transient peace had come, the embers of a new conflict was born on Mars, far removed from Earth.

The main character, a young boy named Mikazuki Augus, belongs to the civilian security company Chryse Guard Security (CGS). He is tasked with guarding Cuderia Aina Bernstein, a young girl who is trying to make the Martian city of Chryse independent from the rule of one of Earth's powers.

However, the CGS comes under attack from the armed organization Gjallarhorn trying to nip the bud of insurrection, so Mikazuki and the children start withdrawing as a decoy. The leader of the boys, Orga Itsuka, takes advantage of this occasion to rise in revolt against the adults who oppressed them and stages a coup d'etat.

Mikazuki, who was entrusted to fend off the Gjallarhorn by Orga, takes up the fight by using the Gundam Barbatos, a mobile suit from the "Calamity War" that was utilized as a nuclear reactor by the CGS.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 04:05   Link #3
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Barbatos is awesome. Definitely giving off ancient machine feels. I hope it still retains its identity as more armors and weapons are added to it

Glaze is very Ebikawa, just look at the chest and leg designs
Old 2015-07-15, 04:18   Link #4
Laevatein

Sounds interesting so far. I'll probably watch this one.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 04:18   Link #5
nero12

still a bit conflicted on the main staff being the guys who did anohana and toradora...but at least the characters would feel more human i guess...
Barbatos looks great
Character designs look pretty good
MC doesn't look like an emotional wimp or an emotionless fighting machine.
Plot looks typical but that's usual for Gundam
the princess looks nice..... who will sooner or later fall for the MC by getting stranded alone with the MC on an Island along with the guy/girl pilot who had been trying to kill them
yep, overall it looks good.
you have me hyped for this Sunrise!
Old 2015-07-15, 04:52   Link #6
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ever wondered the Gundam is even equipped with Beam Sabers as basic armaments because the model kits never shown it armed with one?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 04:57   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
ever wondered the Gundam is even equipped with Beam Sabers as basic armaments because the model kits never shown it armed with one?
Beam Sabers Old & Busted, Mace Spear New Hotness.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-07-15, 05:12   Link #8
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That 0.1% of me who likes Gunpla is screaming after seeing that blatantly obvious weak spot in the Barbatos' design.

And finally, Nagaispace... in space!!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 05:49   Link #9
Knight_SV

excited for this new series. I'm hyped
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 05:55   Link #10
Galaxian

Well, I'm intrigued...

Always a fan of child-soldiers when it comes to Gundam.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 06:31   Link #11
Ryuga

That kid is ripped as fuck lol. He's a right pintsize but he looks like he can drop 10 grown adults by himself without breaking a sweat. Definitely feeling his design. At lot of people have doubts about the writing duo, but I think they could pull it off.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 06:49   Link #12
The 48th Ronin

Just noticed. The show's title don't have the "Mobile Suit" prefix.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 06:54   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Just noticed. The show's title don't have the "Mobile Suit" prefix.
Actually, the show has it: you can see the characters for "Kidou Senshi" (機動戦士) in the title card on the preview above, which also calls it "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans". It's only this thread's title that doesn't have it.

Old 2015-07-15, 06:56   Link #14
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Either my eyes want to have fun with me or one of the characters look like Archer in terms of design (maybe hair too).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 08:14   Link #15
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Beam Sabers Old & Busted, Mace Spear New Hotness.
well since the Gundam is powered by a nuclear reactor, i think it will have the traditional Beam based weapons including the Beam Sabers later on as the series progressed as an upgrade?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-07-15, 09:07   Link #16
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So this is the first main Gundam series using actual subtitles instead of simple alphabet or short words. I kinda think that Tekketsu no Orphans is a mouthful, Gundam Tekketsu would haven been better

Notice the main character's baked, there are something protruding. Connection between pilot and the machine? Like Barbatos literally running on blood?

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2015-07-15 at 10:41.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 09:11   Link #17
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That's probably the one thing I'm slightly disappointed in. That Gundam Barbados is powered by a nuke reactor. Pretty common in the Gundam series yeah, guess I just prefer fictional power sources.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 09:27   Link #18
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Either my eyes want to have fun with me or one of the characters look like Archer in terms of design (maybe hair too).
You're not the only one lol. Looks like Zeheart and Archer did a fusion dance and Orga was the result. And here's a subtitled video of the PV and details that are already on the first page.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 10:18   Link #19
S.Freedom

Ok am I the only one who thinks the Gaza looks like the Dynames/Cherudim gundam from 00 gundam?
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 10:43   Link #20
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

to me the Glaze reminds me of Wing's OZ-06MS Leo down to its yellow 'TV face' sensor, probably also its balanced stats that can be equipped with various types of equipment to suit a certain situation like the Leo's general purpose nature.