AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 23:10   Link #2041
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Louise, hated for no real reason at all.
Because she's a violent tsuntsun who treats Saito like a slave and whips him on a regular basis? Amid all the superior alternatives? I think a little hate is perfectly justified.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:28   Link #2042
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Because she's a violent tsuntsun who treats Saito like a slave and whips him on a regular basis? Amid all the superior alternatives? I think a little hate is perfectly justified.
Nah, just watch the 3rd season....... More dere dere Louise in the 1st ep of the 3rd season than in all of the 2nd season.....

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:31   Link #2043
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
So let's talk about Kyou.
Luckily, she carries around books and a scooter with which to beat and run over people because they've learned to keep her away from whips, and also prefers to get into it and have epic kicks instead.
Not to mention that Louise has more deredere in any given episode of Zero no Tsukaima than Kyou did in all of the Clannad anime.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:35   Link #2044
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Nah, just watch the 3rd season....... More dere dere Louise in the 1st ep of the 3rd season than in all of the 2nd season.....
I watched the first two seasons for who knows why already. Maybe I just need more time to heal.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:56   Link #2045
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Hah... Now what did I wake up to? Mindless Key/KyoAni hate in this thread? Wa lau eh! Read the rules much? This thread's where we do the pew pew la. Take all your qq to the ISML Thread. Don't turn this into another I hate Key/KyoAni qq thread, or we'll get locked down again.

But if you do wish to logically back up your statements and give us some nice and useful character info and discussion, then be my guest. Also, qtip, please don't talk like you know Clannad, when from your posts you are clearly stating that you know jack of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Not to mention that Louise has more deredere in any given episode of Zero no Tsukaima than Kyou did in all of the Clannad anime.
See what I mean? Back it up wa lau. You know jack about her, so don't post like a know-it-all.

Anyway, my votes for yesterday:
http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1216958002/13

And today:
http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1217016600/424
Hecate-tan~
Old 2008-07-26, 00:02   Link #2046
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As far as I can remember, Kyou only ever 'connected' her attacks with Sunohara, and rightly so because he always act like an idiot (but amusing, admittedly ). Scooter thing on the otherhand was just an accident because Kyou's inexperienced. So yeah, her violent side was always justified, and never really against Tomoya out of spite/jealousy.

In fact, I remember that people were joking that the 'star' was a much better weapon to use against Tomoya, since unlike the dictionary, it actually hit him that one time. XD

In anycase, Kyou's intentional violent side is almost never towards her LI. Louise on the otherhand not only has an extreme form of it, but its reserved almost exclusively for her LI. So no matter how much dere Louise gets to be, I don't think she'll lose her extreme violent side towards Saito EVER (we're not talking about a classic tsundere here after all), which really is my beef with her character.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-07-26, 00:19   Link #2047
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Ok.... last thing I'll say about this....

CLANNAD: PLAY THE GAME!!!!! You'll understand these characters SO MUCH BETTER! And, btw, Kyou's scooter plays a major part in the game to split 2 different routes... One of which doesn't even occur in the anime. No loev from Kyoani for Kappei ;_;

Anyhoo... like Ice Block (correctly) said... let's get back on track and leave the flame wars where they belong... in /a/.

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:32   Link #2048
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
See what I mean? Back it up wa lau. You know jack about her, so don't post like a know-it-all.
hmmm... didn't I specifically say anime Kyou?
Not everyone here has played or cares to play the visual novel, has read or cares to read the manga/light novel, etc. so I'm fine basing a statement or two off of the common knowledge of everyone every now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
<snip>
It's actually mostly the characters involved that create the setup.
Saito fulfills both the roles of LI (Tomoya) and unlucky idiot (Sunohara), so when he acts a certain way, Louise responds accordingly.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:35   Link #2049
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Maybe with pictures we can all get the picture ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:37   Link #2050
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Flame war is really more red IMO rather than black, but that's just me. And me seeing a tap symbol on a sorcery (or instant in some cases) just screams wrong for me, but I'm getting OT now. XD

Quote:
It's actually mostly the characters involved that create the setup.
Saito fulfills both the roles of LI (Tomoya) and unlucky idiot (Sunohara), so when he acts a certain way, Louise responds accordingly.
One of the reasons why Kyou is moe to me: she actually has taste in men.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-07-26, 00:52   Link #2051
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Maybe an old-school Fireball?
Fore some reason, it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of large fire/flame tossing and whatnot.
The new Incinerate might also work.

Silly Rika-chama, your images are creating more off-topicness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
One of the reasons why Kyou is moe to me: she actually has taste in men.
Well, I can't argue there.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:54   Link #2052
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Maybe an old-school Fireball?
Fore some reason, it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of large fire/flame tossing and whatnot.
The new Incinerate might also work.

Silly Rika-chama, your images are creating more off-topicness.
LOL well, I didn't make that one.... It's a really old one from back when /a/ was good...

EDIT: Wait... nvm that... /a/ was never good.........

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-07-26, 01:07   Link #2053
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I wonder how many ppl in here actually played CLANNAD game?I'd say the game is good,more plot,more development and more story elaboration than the anime version...for example,Kyou's CG below

Spoiler for Fujibayashi Kyou's CG:

Those who played Kyou's route before sure knew what's actually happened during the situation as shown in the CG,something that FOREVER you won't find in anime.Not even Wikipedia mentioned anything specific about it.

Anime version i admit mostly are crap coz it focus only on the Nagisa's route while making other girls looks like bitch thanks to KyoAni for their geniuses in modifying the storyline.Not that i really care about the TV anime version coz i don't really fond of the Nagisa's route which is what the anime was based from.However when episode 24 out last week and watched how KyoAni turned Tomoyo's arc into like <<insert facepalm.jpg here>>,i felt like i just gained a new skill - flamethrower,ready to use it on KyoAni for being sucks.

But if you play the game,then only you will know the whole world difference between the anime and the game in terms of storyline..try play it once first before saying "CLANNAD's game is a retard".
Old 2008-07-26, 01:48   Link #2054
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Needs Green Fire.
Old 2008-07-26, 01:55   Link #2055
Ash Falls Town

I'd like to play devil's advocate here and say that the anime characters are different from there manga/light novel/visual novel/etc. counterparts (Although only in the case of adaptions).
Now generally they are basically the same character but there are exceptions like Miho Nosaka who basically shares three characteristics between the manga and anime.
Now the point is that while some (probably most) people may find game Kyou more moe than anime Kyou there are going to be people who will like anime Kyou better.
And anyway boycotting characters who are less moe than the original counterparts equals boycotting series that don't do justice to the original work which can only be a good thing.
Old 2008-07-26, 02:18   Link #2056
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think this is warrented again.

So. Many. Uses.

Let's see what the results of the next two days brings. Personally I'd like to see Rena top the vote chart. 1900+ last year. Let's go try to break Desu's record.
Old 2008-07-26, 03:03   Link #2057
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Well, even though it ought to be a well-known fact, it does need constant repeating because people easily forget: anime adaptations have a 99% chance of being a Bad Prophecy of the original story. I'm not going to repeat all the limitations and problems with anime as a medium for storytelling. It should be obvious that any story or character in an adaptation is most likely (there are notable exceptions) inferior to the original version.

Having said that, there's the other ought-to-be-a-well-known fact: our time and energy is limited. RL has demands, other hobbies have demands, everything has a time+effort+money combined price tag to it. Admit that not everyone can learn up on everything relevant to the topic at hand. Live and let Ignorant. Just means it's all the more important to find friends who know what you're talking about and who are willing to catch up on learning for common topics.

As bad as some adaptations get (e.g. ZnT - almost everything of the storytelling/characters are inferior to the novels and I ain't gotten that far yet), we should be grateful for them as we probably would never learn of the originals (either by direct experience or by proxy learning) if the anime was never made.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-07-26, 05:09   Link #2058
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Leaving bad adaptions aside, if we are still talking about Louise I don't think that has anything to do with my dislike (as I do admit that some episodes were enjoyable, and even touching from S2). But the hate from me comes down to the fact that her character is just so annoying. Unless the novel/originals show her character in such a different light that she is just separable from her anime counterpart, but that is unlikely or feel free to tell me otherwise

/derail

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-07-26, 06:29   Link #2059
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Well, even though it ought to be a well-known fact, it does need constant repeating because people easily forget: anime adaptations have a 99% chance of being a Bad Prophecy of the original story. I'm not going to repeat all the limitations and problems with anime as a medium for storytelling. It should be obvious that any story or character in an adaptation is most likely (there are notable exceptions) inferior to the original version.
I see that you've at least managed to convince yourself of those fine numbers (99%, right) by repeating the thesis over and over again .

I'd like to see some original anime titles turned into a visual novel, so that I could point out the "limitations and problems" with that medium. But guess why no major title went this way?

If people succeed in convincing themselves that they want exactly the same experience from something that is meant to be different, the upper limit of their enjoyment is "equally enjoyable", and obviously it ends up lower, yes, 99% of the time. But that's the viewer's choice.

Alternatively, you could just realize both forms of art are different, but neither is inferior, and get full enjoyment out of both. Just another choice you can make.

A point that I can agree on is that if the staff starts out with the approach "let's copy as much as we can", without realizing the strengths and weaknesses of their medium, it's a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 2008-07-26, 06:32   Link #2060
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkillz
Leaving bad adaptions aside, if we are still talking about Louise I don't think that has anything to do with my dislike (as I do admit that some episodes were enjoyable, and even touching from S2). But the hate from me comes down to the fact that her character is just so annoying. Unless the novel/originals show her character in such a different light that she is just separable from her anime counterpart, but that is unlikely or feel free to tell me otherwise

/derail
What the anime shows of Louise is unfortunately the least attractive of Louise's character, yes. Thing is, the anime focusses too much on that side of her because the storytelling has long ago crumbled into its own direction that can only make slight references to the original. The anime also fails to explain why Louise has that side of a character or where some of the stuff originates from. Saito started getting treated as a dog when
Spoiler for Start of Vol 2:

The novels won't change your view much on that side to Louise, but it's a mistake to think that's all there is to Louise. Saito is a sane (though somewhat dumb) man - he wouldn't fall for her if that really was all there was to her.

On that note, we come to Siesta. People got confused with how she suddenly got bolder in S2 than in S1. This is mostly the anime's fault for not showing Siesta properly at the start. It's like Touka in Utawarerumono - in the game it's blatantly obvious she's a Justice-obsessed Dojikko with a mountain of Moe. The anime couldn't do anything until 4 eps after her introduction and even then it was so short a glimpse that they needed to dedicate half the DVD specials to her to apologise. I could go on and on, moving onto Negima, etc but I'll cut short here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
I see that you've at least managed to convince yourself of those fine numbers (99%, right) by repeating the thesis over and over again .

I'd like to see some original anime titles turned into a visual novel, so that I could point out the "limitations and problems" with that medium. But guess why no major title went this way?

If people succeed in convincing themselves that they want exactly the same experience from something that is meant to be different, the upper limit of their enjoyment is "equally enjoyable", and obviously it ends up lower, yes, 99% of the time. But that's the viewer's choice.

Alternatively, you could just realize both forms of art are different, but neither is inferior, and get full enjoyment out of both. Just another choice you can make.

A point that I can agree on is that if the staff starts out with the approach "let's copy as much as we can", without realizing the strengths and weaknesses of their medium, it's a disaster waiting to happen.
Actually I'm reading up on a Probability lecture series right now. That 99% figure was from Bayesian definition ("P(A) = Degree of Belief in A"), not the Frequentist definition - i.e. entirely subjective and (since this is the internets) exaggerated.

The counter-example I put forth is Koihime Musou. I'm a fan of Romance of Three Kingdoms so I was extremely wary as I went into ep 1. Afterwards, I commented like this to my friend: "the studio has declared its intent to differ right from the start, with only references to the original. I accept this intent. It is a wise decision as if they stuck too close to the original, then it would have been doomed to endless RAGE as I make endless comparisons that anime is simply too restricted to live up to."

Good "adaptations" *must* differ from the original and adapt to the strengths of each medium. Heck, I hesitate to use the word 'adaptation' since it's more like a spin-off or alternate-retelling than an 'adaption' if it's done perfectly. That's why I use this 99% figure - because if they're doing it right then I won't insult the work by calling it an 'adaptation'. That particular word has built up too much negative connotation for me.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2008-07-26 at 06:48.
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe