AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 152 75.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 3.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-25, 02:42   Link #501
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
I don't know about you, but I'd rather die in a human-friendly atmosphere and get recycled than feel my blood and vital organs get sucked out through a hole in my stomach while my blood simultaneously freezes and boils and what doesn't exit through my fatal wound tries to escape through every orifice and inflates my skin like a balloon as I also suffocate.

But that's just me.
It'll all be over in a minute. And hey, if it was good enough for that one mummified Zentradi from earlier, it's good for Mikhail.
Old 2008-08-25, 02:57   Link #502
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It'll all be over in a minute. And hey, if it was good enough for that one mummified Zentradi from earlier, it's good for Mikhail.
It's kind of ironic that Mikhail was the one to comment 'Poor guy, can't even rot' when they saw the vacuum-dehydrated and packed body... and that he's the one who talked about how tragic it would've been if 'he'd (Ozma)' had really died.
Old 2008-08-25, 03:52   Link #503
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
It's kind of ironic that Mikhail was the one to comment 'Poor guy, can't even rot' when they saw the vacuum-dehydrated and packed body... and that he's the one who talked about how tragic it would've been if 'he'd (Ozma)' had really died.
Ha. Good memory. Kind of spoil it if they attempt a recovery in the next episode. And who wants to waste a funeral on the guy? Can't top his last scene.

So, the only reason Ranka got hit was because someone else got hit in another series?

Last edited by Wesley84; 2008-08-25 at 04:17.
Old 2008-08-25, 05:09   Link #504
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

saddest episode yet
Old 2008-08-25, 07:02   Link #505
Wesley84

If they were going to do it all, they should have gone all out with everyone lining up.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:07   Link #506
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You really need to let go of this Alto-hate you have been building up. The guy is certainly trying, and it´s not exactly easy to choose someone if your choice ends up making the other girl hurt.
I didn't really dislike Alto at first and then over time his constant bad mood has really gotten to me. Plus his inaction with either female lead. I just don't like the way this character is portrayed at all. I admit I go a little overboard with my hate for him. I guess it's really no different than all the Ranka hate. I'll try and tone it down.

Although like I said in my last post, Alto did do a few things right. He is on the road to redeeming himself. Now if he can just keep it up.

Quote:
I found this to be in rather bad taste.
See you in space, Playboy...

I was just requoting the ending of the GG subs. Not sure if that was directed at me. Yell at them. Though I did like the Cowboy Bebop touch on that.

Edit add: BTW that blog link that was posted is incredibly funny and pretty good actually. The Charlie's Angels pic and comment made me LOL.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-08-25 at 07:24.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:13   Link #507
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
They already killed the XAT sniper in Blassreiter...Twice!

This is the year of dead snipers didn't you know?
Surviving Snipers this year.

Yoko Ritona

Excellen Browning

Akari Himuro

Female snipers seem to be surviving.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:30   Link #508
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post

See you in space, Playboy...
Its See You Space Playboy according to gg subs. The addition of the "in" makes a whole new difference to the meaning itself.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:39   Link #509
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Its See You Space Playboy according to gg subs. The addition of the "in" makes a whole new difference to the meaning itself.
Ahh my mistake. I thought it was the other way.

Oh and in that blog, I do have to agree that if Ranka doesn't grow up or learn something significant after this incident that character is doomed.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:50   Link #510
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

For a moment there I though I was watching like Starship troopers or something. You know; those small bug aliens around etc...

Sad EP for Mikhail yet still epic since I'm a Sheryl fan. Now I'm quite worried bout Klein. Hopefully someone out there talks to her or comforts her on Mikhails death (Now Sheryl; time to pay back all the good things Klein and Mikhail did to you; hopefully). But I guess It will be too late for Klein since Sheryl is still stuck w/ Nanase. (Did nanase lost her eye? really?).

Oh and THATanimebloogers entry on Macross is EPIC. Awesome read from start to finish. I also liked his entry on CG EP20.
Old 2008-08-25, 09:22   Link #511
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Oh and THATanimebloogers entry on Macross is EPIC. Awesome read from start to finish. I also liked his entry on CG EP20.
i thought different person in THAT do the CG blog
Old 2008-08-25, 10:57   Link #512
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
I don't know about you, but I'd rather die in a human-friendly atmosphere and get recycled than feel my blood and vital organs get sucked out through a hole in my stomach while my blood simultaneously freezes and boils and what doesn't exit through my fatal wound tries to escape through every orifice and inflates my skin like a balloon as I also suffocate.

But that's just me.
Eh, don't worry. You'll be unconscious in under 5 secs anyways so you won't feel a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post

Edit add: BTW that blog link that was posted is incredibly funny and pretty good actually. The Charlie's Angels pic and comment made me LOL.
You should read his other entries for the past episodes. Ep 20 review was a bit more tame in comparison with some of the previous ones....particularly the ones where he's singing Disney songs with the screen caps.

Quote:
Yup, Crusader is doing Macross Frontier and Caladwin (sp?) is doing Code Geass. Each of the authors of THAT have very distinct personalities. When you get a chance, check out their Fall and Summer previews to get some insight on their personalities.
Old 2008-08-25, 11:24   Link #513
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Really? oh well my bad.
Old 2008-08-25, 13:17   Link #514
mapo
Mutatis Mutandis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well if you've seen the episode where we become aware of Grace's personalities they consider Bilrer somewhat of an opponent.

Both mention the Protoculture.

Grace's faction achieving something that the Protoculture could not do.

Bilrer is more on bringing the children of the Protoculture together.

Bilrer wants fold quartz boosters while Grace makes Dimension Eaters and MDEs.
I agree with that but we still don't know which part Bilrer is supposed to play. His screen time is pretty short and there are 5 episodes left.

Plus, in an episode at the start of the series (sorry, i can't remember right now which one, i'll edit my post later with the accurate quote), Mishima'd had a phone conversation with him, telling something like "leave it to me, I'll handle it ".

Sounds fishy, I'm telling you
Old 2008-08-25, 13:58   Link #515
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After watching the episode again and focusing on some parts i neglected before iv come to the conclusion that i really REALLY hate Leon. His arrogance knows no bounds, But we all know what happens to over confident arrogant pricks in anime it may take a while but it always happens their decent from glory down to nothingness and usually results in a painful death, that and the fact he was banging Kathy for a while Is it too much to ask to have him eaten by a Vajara by the end, as he screams like a little girl whose parents wont buy her a new doll?
Old 2008-08-25, 14:13   Link #516
johnqc

i am the only one who think it will end this way??????

am i the only one who think that alto will perhaps finish witch khan(micheal girlfriend) in the end because i earded that we will have the answer of alto choice in episode 22 and it is suppose to be a suprise for everyone so i suggest that alto will fall in love witch the poor kan ou is in depress of michiael loss

if you have other idea tell me

but i am also a fan of sheryl and i yould love to to see her which alto much more than ranka , because ranka is too young shes like a 10 years old girl insteed of a girl of 15 years old

sorry for my poor english i hope that you understand me i love macroos frontier and i am a french from québec canada , i hope you will answer me
Old 2008-08-25, 14:20   Link #517
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqc View Post
am i the only one who think that alto will perhaps finish witch khan(micheal girlfriend) in the end because i earded that we will have the answer of alto choice in episode 22 and it is suppose to be a suprise for everyone so i suggest that alto will fall in love witch the poor kan ou is in depress of michiael loss

if you have other idea tell me

but i am also a fan of sheryl and i yould love to to see her which alto much more than ranka , because ranka is too young shes like a 10 years old girl insteed of a girl of 15 years old

sorry for my poor english i hope that you understand me i love macroos frontier and i am a french from québec canada , i hope you will answer me
Um im so not buying that in any way form or fashion. Not only would it be bad writing but 22 episodes of no build up, no proof, no interest in Klan Klan whatsoever would just be horrible and i dont think fans would be all to happy to embrace it. It would be just a shot in the dark for the awe factor and would cheapen romantic sub-plot of the series.

I still dont think Alto will end making a real choice.
Old 2008-08-25, 14:39   Link #518
Wesley84

Obviously he'll pick Nanase because she was embarassed in episode 8 when Sheryl accused her of having feelings for him.
Old 2008-08-25, 14:40   Link #519
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Obviously he'll pick Nanase because she was embarassed in episode 8 when Sheryl accused her of having feelings for him.
Shame on you Wesley84 now why would you condemn Alto to that fate lol
Old 2008-08-25, 15:24   Link #520
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Shame on you Wesley84 now why would you condemn Alto to that fate lol
I wasn't the one who origianlly suggested it.
Closed Thread