Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-31, 00:02   Link #661
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
This show has a lot of males in it and I think it's borderline shounen-ai sometimes. Like when Natsume was possessed and all the guys thought he was cute.
Eh? They saw a vision of a pretty girl, not Natsume himself. Context.

Also, hmph, glasses-girl gets no love; she's adorable and a bit of a spaz, so yeah. I heard she moved to a different place in the manga, so I'm interested in seeing where the show's going to take her character. That is, if the show will ever bother with the reason (minor or not) for her involvement in the ED.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:09   Link #662
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Plus, if the credits are any indication, we will eventually see another girl join Natsume's circle of classmate friends.
Am I the only one who wants to see her, soon? I doubt they will wait until the last episode, but I sure hope she gets a reasonable amount of screentime.

For the record, I like pretty much every one of the characters on this show, only Gen was borderline for crying a bit too much over the course of a few minutes (sorry, but there's only so much I can take). But I do think it may be too many bishounen.. then again, I can't imagine a thing called too many bishoujo, so I'm one to talk.

Though I was very happy with the Reiko flashbacks (she's just so awesome and totally my type). They are lacking in Zoku up to now, aren't they?
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:15   Link #663
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Am I the only one who wants to see her, soon? I doubt they will wait until the last episode, but I sure hope she gets a reasonable amount of screentime.
I doubt she'll be used in the last episode, though apart from that it's pretty much impossible to say when her time in this series will come.
Old 2009-02-02, 06:50   Link #664
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

There were a couple of things that were a bit cliched (such as Isozuki providing an arbitrary-feeling conflict and Natsume bringing Tama back from the brink of insanity with a tender word and some good timing), but it was another very absorbing and touching story. It's been said enough ITT, but Tama was just so daaaawww-worthy during the first part of the ep.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 11:29   Link #665
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Spoiler for The new girl:
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 12:47   Link #666
the_firefly

Spoiler for Zoku Episode 5:

Spoiler for New Girl:
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 08:17   Link #667
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Zoku episode five is too sweet for words. I just love this series, and this cast!
Spoiler for Ep5:

Overall, perfect little story. If I could rate it, this'd be a 11/10.
Old 2009-02-04, 11:18   Link #668
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Eh? They saw a vision of a pretty girl, not Natsume himself. Context.

Also, hmph, glasses-girl gets no love; she's adorable and a bit of a spaz, so yeah. I heard she moved to a different place in the manga, so I'm interested in seeing where the show's going to take her character. That is, if the show will ever bother with the reason (minor or not) for her involvement in the ED.
They saw Natsume girl-ish. His hair didn't turn blue or anything.

But that girl with the glasses moves away sooner in the manga if I remember. Like right after the thing with the youkai she was looking for. I just found her annoying.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 10:12   Link #669
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Is it me or does Tooru (new girl) sound nothing like what I expected her to sound like?

Not to mention a dere side? O.o
And here I thought she was more "Kuu" than "dere"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 10:47   Link #670
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
That image is made of pure win.Even me myself was attracted to Natsume in that form when that episode aired last season.

But i rather like Nyanko sensei's reaction to it when he saw that form when Natsume woke up in the morning..

And even better,iirc the girl that entered Natsume's body on that episode was voiced by Mamiko Noto wasn't it?

Quote:
But that girl with the glasses moves away sooner in the manga if I remember. Like right after the thing with the youkai she was looking for. I just found her annoying.
You mean the iinchou of Natsume's class?I kinda like her actually...coz to me,other than Nyanko sensei,she's the 2nd funniest character in NY,especially when Natsume accidentally did something to her everytime she was near to him.

Miyuki Sawashiro certainly did a good job on voicing her.I must admit during the first time i heard her voice,i couldn't recognize the seiyuu that voiced it...not until i checked in Jwiki and saw her name voicing it.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 13:03   Link #671
NickelXenon

Yeah, it was Mamiko Noto. She has such a great voice! Natsume is my favorite character on the show. I didn't like that classmate of Natsume's because she seemed kind of nosy and well...noisy too. xD
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 15:54   Link #672
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Is it me or does Tooru (new girl) sound nothing like what I expected her to sound like?

Not to mention a dere side? O.o
And here I thought she was more "Kuu" than "dere"
Yeah, since she looks so tomboyish I expected a voice more along those lines. In the preview she sounds awfully cute.. and like a doji - or rather, a tennen?
Old 2009-02-07, 18:21   Link #673
Kirarakim

While episode 5 was not as good as episode 4 I absolutely loved how they ended the youkai's story in this. I have to admit I didn't get what Reiko had planned at all so it was a really nice touch for me

It was also nice to get Reiko fleshed out a little. At times she almost seems not as nice as her grandson, but it seems she is just nice in a different way.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode is how one minute the trees are full of fall colors and the next minute they are green.

Anyways looking forward to the new girl next episode. I've been looking forward to her since she appeared in the opening credits. It seems I am not the only one.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:25   Link #674
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Anyone else wondering how Natsume knew the youkai boys name?
Old 2009-02-07, 19:33   Link #675
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Anyone else wondering how Natsume knew the youkai boys name?
I assumed that the youkai told him. Wouldn't that be the simplest answer??

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:53   Link #676
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I assumed that the youkai told him. Wouldn't that be the simplest answer??
That's what i thought, though something so simple should have been said in the episode. It always has been upto now, that's why i was a little bit confused.
Old 2009-02-07, 20:48   Link #677
LKK

The part where he said his name may have been trimmed for time reasons or something like that. Or maybe the scriptwriters thought the "I'll tell you my name" scenelet was getting repetative after season 1 and decided not to include it this time around. *wants to use a shrug smilie right now, but there isn't one to use*

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 11:52   Link #678
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Had myself a little moment in epi 5 (a few people here will know why ). As compared to epis with Tama and Gin it was close to them, though I did like Gin more XD But I was glad that Tanuma FINALLY showed up! The flashback with Reiko was great.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 12:33   Link #679
Dop
Mmmm....

According to Mangablog, Viz are bringing out the manga next January. Fantastic!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 22:33   Link #680
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, 5 was another heart-tugger - no series does kawaii like Natsume Yuujinchou. It's like Mushishi's nicer, moe cousin.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brains-base, fantasy, supernatural, yokai