AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 11:39   Link #41
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

i want to see a return of the ship battles. T_T

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 02:04   Link #42
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
i want to see a return of the ship battles. T_T
I completely agree with you. It also doesn't help that the series is released monthly. Expect +2 chapters of Haruna and Design Child.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:00   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c28:
Old 2012-02-02, 03:49   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c29:
Old 2012-02-02, 04:10   Link #45
Johnny
Working the bags...

Looks like we might be getting back to the I-401 finally. Also the Yamato plot thickens with the events in this chapter...

The spacesuit wearing one is Yashiro Hoshimiya from Denpa Onna doing a cameo...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 06:06   Link #46
tsunade666

^ isn't she the admirality code? sending denpa waves .. .. .. and an Alien >.> oh great
Old 2012-02-02, 18:57   Link #47
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Looks like we might be getting back to the I-401 finally. Also the Yamato plot thickens with the events in this chapter...

The spacesuit wearing one is Yashiro Hoshimiya from Denpa Onna doing a cameo...
Yea anyone thats watched or read Denpa Onna is bound to think of Yashiro
Was the first and has been the only thought about her since that scene popped up.

Pretty cool chapter with Haruna almost going berserk and then with this "Admiralty Code" appearing, I always wondered what the hell it could have been before but I honestly never thought to guess it was another ship with a mental mode(this is what I'm guessing it will be now)

Can't mind if I said before I love the designs of these mental modes, they are all just great to look at
Really quite Maya's design and her character is a hoot as well, just like Takao

We need to get back to the open sea with big ship battles, been too long since the last!
Old 2012-02-03, 00:05   Link #48
Exether

Sad this manga doesn't get as much love as it deserves. The plot is really rich and active and every single chapter is enjoyable.
Old 2012-02-14, 03:12   Link #49
imercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Sad this manga doesn't get as much love as it deserves. The plot is really rich and active and every single chapter is enjoyable.
Rich plot doesn't necessarily mean accessible plot. I think its a great manga, but all the yet-to-be-answered plot holes and crazy huge, but never gets properly fleshed out, cast is really confusing.
imercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:13   Link #50
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by imercenary View Post
Rich plot doesn't necessarily mean accessible plot. I think its a great manga, but all the yet-to-be-answered plot holes and crazy huge, but never gets properly fleshed out, cast is really confusing.
That's part of the charm for me, i want to read the next chapter to know what's going to happend next.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:46   Link #51
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Why would you want the author reveal everything right away? Where's the fun in that? That's like reading the end of the book first...

As far as fleshing all the characters out. I believe were in the long haul for this manga. There's plenty of time for all that...
Old 2012-02-14, 20:31   Link #52
imercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
That's part of the charm for me, i want to read the next chapter to know what's going to happend next.
Fair enough, but thats not accessible. Most people don't pick up a story and expect to bounce between 20-odd characters between 3 different factions (Fog fleet, Japanese government/military, I-401 crew) within 20-odd chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Why would you want the author reveal everything right away? Where's the fun in that? That's like reading the end of the book first...

As far as fleshing all the characters out. I believe were in the long haul for this manga. There's plenty of time for all that...
Theres a big difference between not revealing things and not explaining things. The former is fine, the latter is not. (Can someone explain to me whats the deal with the I-401? I thought the Fog/Mental Models was supposed to be the enemy.)
imercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:10   Link #53
Xacual

Quote:
Theres a big difference between not revealing things and not explaining things. The former is fine, the latter is not. (Can someone explain to me whats the deal with the I-401? I thought the Fog/Mental Models was supposed to be the enemy.)
I-401 seems to be an anomaly as far as the Fog ships go. It seems to have willingly allied itself with humans unlike the rest of the fog which was hostile. From the timeline it was captured by humans and was sent out with a crew led by Gunzou's dad and eventually it came back empty. Eventually Gunzou got in control of the ship as seen in the early bits of the series.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:39   Link #54
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
That depends, way I see it it's a matter of patient person and non patient person.
Patient person waits for the reveal, where as non patient person can't wait for things to be explained.
I can wait for till the end of the series for things to be explained, it's until then I'll say something if something hasn't been explained.

I will agree tho that over the past 15 or so chapters there has been abit of jumping back and forth between groups of characters but I'll just see it as story building for now at least.

And always thought 1-401's story would be told much later, she's a rather main character.
And as it seems so far Fog is still the enmey but mental modes are their own being, so them being a turn coat isn't an impossiblity as we've seen already.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:19   Link #55
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Fair enough, but thats not accessible. Most people don't pick up a story and expect to bounce between 20-odd characters between 3 different factions (Fog fleet, Japanese government/military, I-401 crew) within 20-odd chapters.
Once again it a matter of taste, if you want a detailled settings you will need a big cast, compared for exemple to A Song of Ice and Fire serie Arpeggio's cast is restrained.

Quote:
It have been stated that I-401 was captured by the Japanese Navy, that's why Kita was threatening Gunzo to get it back.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 08:09   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c30:
Old 2012-03-02, 09:59   Link #57
yuzen003

Iona seemed to have a lot more personality this chapter. I always got the impression she was kinda odd and emotionless in previous chapters.

I wonder if the ship to ship fighting will actually start next chapter or if it will be dragged out further to increase the suspense some more.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 04:08   Link #58
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

not bad for navy battle manga. my big complain is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 11:37   Link #59
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm still a little puzzled at the political wrangling that eventually gave the Japanese army the go-ahead to retake Iwo Jima. Isn't it a little cross-productive to attack the base of operations of Iona? Left hand versus right hand yet again, I suppose.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:40   Link #60
Johnny
Working the bags...

Now were back into the thick of things that made this manga interesting for me. Laughed at Takoa staring at her hand after Chihaya shook it. I think there's more then meets the eye with how the chapter ended...

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen