Notices

Old 2004-02-16, 04:21   Link #61
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I watched mine over a week ago.
Old 2004-02-17, 20:12   Link #62
Galvatron

Send a message via AIM to Galvatron
This happened to me to, at Suncoast, it wasn't there on it's release date and they had no records in their books of it coming out anytime soon, but i went back a week later for another release and finally it showed up..keep looking it's definately gonna be there sooner or later
Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 16:33   Link #63
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

It's at Best Buy. I see four copies on the shelves today.
________
Kodiak

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:00.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 23:56   Link #64
SamGadsby
Vector Employee

Juuni Kokuki (12 Kokki) aka Twelve Kingdoms

So fansubbing stopped at 44, and the last episode is 45 so I heard. (I'm not asking for them, I know it's liscensed.) However, AnimeNfo says there are 68 episodes. Were only 45 episodes encoded? or are there only 45 episodes to the series? Who is correct? How many episodes are there?

Also, if it's only 45, then what happened to the Tai country story arc, with the black kirin?
Spoiler:
SamGadsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 23:59   Link #65
Geist
Mind Spirit

"(45) Juuni Kokki (aka Twelve Kingdoms), cut back from the original 68"
That's what it says in the "How many episodes" thread.
Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 00:06   Link #66
babbito2k
annoying white bat

"Cut back" is correct. Youko is no longer the main character after the series gets past a certain point and the action kind of sprawls. The plug was pulled because the show was changing too much.

Episode 45 is a wrapup of the story arc preceding it, at least that's what I gathered from reading about that episode. So I guess not much was missed.

But I really liked what was happening in the later arcs. The way they presented it was great, with Youko learning deeper Confucian principles through hearing the stories.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 00:08   Link #67
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGadsby
So fansubbing stopped at 44, and the last episode is 45 so I heard. (I'm not asking for them, I know it's liscensed.) However, AnimeNfo says there are 68 episodes. Were only 45 episodes encoded? or are there only 45 episodes to the series? Who is correct? How many episodes are there?

Also, if it's only 45, then what happened to the Tai country story arc, with the black kirin?
Spoiler:
Dont trust Animenfo, they have been slacking lately. The Taiki arc was never resolved. Maybe it was explained later in the novels but the anime never explained how he got back to Hourai.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 01:45   Link #68
Karala

This whole time I thought there were only 44 episodes! O_o I wanna see 45 now!

They stopped the series because from that point on the plot changed to other people and Youko wasn't involved anymore. Also, the writer of the novel series hasn't finished the novels and I don't believe there's any word on where he's going to be continuing them, he stopped writing them in 2001...

Too bad, eh? That's one of the best series ever...

Oh and about the black kirin, it was never explained the the series, which is too bad because they put lots of episodes into that arc with no ending for it... I believe the site that translates the novels online has the answer, I'm not sure.
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 10:59   Link #69
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well 45 episodes is enough for me, 68 episodes was going to be too much and
anyways THEY WERE LOSING THE THREAD OF THE STORY
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 11:21   Link #70
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Well 45 episodes is enough for me, 68 episodes was going to be too much and anyways THEY WERE LOSING THE THREAD OF THE STORY
To me the thread of the story is Confucianism - the philosophy of right conduct leading to the greatest good. I thought that the series had a very tight grasp on this theme, and that it was well-expressed and understandable.

Having said that, it is hard to see much purpose in prolonging the series. Youko had not mastered everything but she was very capable. There were already plenty of contrasting stories told to show how things could go wrong through bad intentions or focus on less than the greatest good.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 11:48   Link #71
SamGadsby
Vector Employee

I liked these new story arcs. The show is called twelve kingdoms and I was looking forward to a story involving all of them. I also liked how they were teaching her about this world.
SamGadsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 20:38   Link #72
Karala

Well, I think they could've done something about the black kirin just make something up that ties Youko in the plot, her friend was hanging around with the guy and wondering what he was, so maybe she could come back in the series for the ending too... I know it wouldn't be following the novel, but I've never had a problem with a little creativity, it would've given a proper ending
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 04:58   Link #73
trish
★☆★☆★☆

Isn't there a cd drama that concluded Taiki's story?
trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 18:17   Link #74
TrexSchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Did anyone else notice that the only conspiring minister that is spared the empresses wrath at the end of the show is the female? I almost found that a bit sexist since she was obviously conspiring with the coucil-head guy.
My understanding is that the woman (and man beside her) were Ministers of Shuukan, which is the ministry that oversees the ministers in the Kingdom. Kei-oh understood that by removing the Ministers of Shuukan, she'd be interefering in a place she shouldn't. Rather, she is allowing them to convict their own friends as a testament to her power to see what they were up to.

I think it was brilliant, not sexist.
TrexSchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 19:47   Link #75
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
This has been brought up many times. The answer, again...

When the series started, it was originally planned at 68 episodes. However, NHK halted it at episode 45 (at the end of that particular story arc). Two possible explanations for this have been given...

1) NHK feels that, if Youko isn't the main protagonist (she doesn't appear in this next arc in the novel order) then they won't have as much of a viewer base.

2) They may be waiting for more novels to be finished by the original author.

There hasn't been any additional word as far as I know.
As I understnd it "68 episodes" was actually never officially announced by NHK. That number was actually one that a MediaBlasters rep dropped in a JK topic on the AOD board. 39 was definitely the initial target, with more tentatively planned. As after 39 there was a several month hiatus before 40-45 aired; guess they couldn't satisfactorily reconcile the material from the novel with the idea of keeping Youko the main thread (at least with what they had to work with at that time). Hopefully it'll continue once they've worked those details out.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 18:22   Link #76
LordTenchi7
OI!

yay

Animenfo removed the halted part and now says 68 eps. I have been looking around and it looks like they may be starting it up again. I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!
LordTenchi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 00:22   Link #77
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Any sites that confirm that? I'm gonna need more than the word of some poster.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 02:45   Link #78
Blaat

I second that.

I'm going to be very happy if its true
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 16:30   Link #79
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Just bringing this one back... Any idea how many episodes there actually are? Volume 6 and 7 are slated for release on DVD, not sure what episodes these are.
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 19:13   Link #80
donna8157

There are 39 episodes and they recently released 40-45 (I believe). The DVD yet to come out contains Episodes 19-22. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

I'm also a big fan of Juuni Kokki. I hope they will continue it.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote