Old 2011-08-04, 12:37   Link #3361
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I loved this chapter.

'Ahh it's the death god'
'Ahh it's the Ashikabi of the West'
'Ahh its the Ashikabi of the North'
'The Norh has 6 sekirei, and he winged a Guy!'

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 01:50   Link #3362
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 119:
Spoiler for 119:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 01:54   Link #3363
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Sooooooo, not meeting of Shii and Kuu yet huh? Dang
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 02:01   Link #3364
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Answer:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-08-05, 02:23   Link #3365
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Also wonder if that happens...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 04:38   Link #3366
Ashaman

Quote:
Spoiler for 119:
Its because Yukari is a bit of a bitch. Being brash and independant is one thing, but Yukari takes a flying leap beyond that and into bitchy. It doesn't help that her reputation as an evil sadist who (seemingly) delights in separating Ashikabi and Sekirei preceeds her.
Old 2011-08-05, 05:33   Link #3367
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The evil sadist persona was spread by those who falls victims to her and most of them are shown really not worthy of having their sekirei tied to them.. So far, in all the ashikabi pairing she've met, none of them are on same level of caringness like Minato or even Seo and Sanada.

I still cannot see which part of her considered bitchy as all she've met deserved what she had done to them.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-08-05, 05:44   Link #3368
Khalil

The whole Yukari hate is something I don't quite get, as I see it, her ballbusting was played mostly for laughs. I guess some people can get a bit defensive, when a woman attacks a man's most vulnerable spot.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:14   Link #3369
Ashaman

I don't hate Yukari, I just acknowledge that she can be a bit of a bitch, just like Seo can be a bit of an asshole.

Her ball busting is played for laughs, but the fact that she goes around taking delight in ripping Ashikabi-Sekirei partners apart (and of the many she's fought and defeated, we've only seen 2, maybe 3, and only 1 was a confirmed dick). That is like one dick point straight away. Then there is the extra punishment they go through. Wheather they deserve it or not is a none issue anyway. Cruealty is cruealty. And to get the reputation she has, she must have done this kind of stuff to many people, and the likelyhood all of them were bastards is low.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:59   Link #3370
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't hate Yukari, I just acknowledge that she can be a bit of a bitch, just like Seo can be a bit of an asshole.

Her ball busting is played for laughs, but the fact that she goes around taking delight in ripping Ashikabi-Sekirei partners apart (and of the many she's fought and defeated, we've only seen 2, maybe 3, and only 1 was a confirmed dick). That is like one dick point straight away. Then there is the extra punishment they go through. Wheather they deserve it or not is a none issue anyway. Cruealty is cruealty. And to get the reputation she has, she must have done this kind of stuff to many people, and the likelyhood all of them were bastards is low.

well I dont hate her... but she is kinda sensetive on the point of her look and her breasts size ^^ (like every woman !) she hates ashikabis that treat their sekirei like toys that they own and can do anything with them.... yet she thinks too high of herself... like she is the best from best becouse shina defeated some small fry's but 2v1 he is in no position of winning as we saw in past so she should overthink of her doings...

and offcourse she punishes those who call her ugly or flat board xD she might calm down when she reunites with her brother.... one that loves his sekirei and took really good care of ku-chan

I can see it that minato will ask yukari or shina... if yukari even asked shina how ku-chan looks like before searching for someone they dont know how it looks like and hurts people xD

anywya look on minatos reputation at how it developed to xD guy that winged a child and even a guy xD and that they should look out for their back's whne he is near xD

yukari is one that strips people and kicks their balls... while minato is one that gets from behind guys XD

still I cant wait for yukari to finally meet with minato....
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 13:19   Link #3371
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I agree that I am also waiting for Yukari and Minato to meet (mostly anticipating the ?!?!?! that will follow).... But in a different way I am also looking forward to Kuu and Shiina to finally meet (cause I like sappy re-unions like that).
Old 2011-08-05, 13:42   Link #3372
MAX_COLA_POWER!

And also, the more allies against Karasuba the Black Toshiro/Gin Contact Fusion, the better.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 19:48   Link #3373
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
The whole Yukari hate is something I don't quite get, as I see it, her ballbusting was played mostly for laughs. I guess some people can get a bit defensive, when a woman attacks a man's most vulnerable spot.
Its because of her violent and very immature attitude. I don't HATE her, but she is VERY annoying in my eyes right now. I'm one of those people who already feels negative about the double standards of Women hitting men being ok and played for laughs, then there's the fact like someone else said, she's a bitch most of the time.

Quote:
She done nothing wrong in my eyes really, shes brash and totally independant in contrast of Minato.. and I, for one, appreciated a strong woman lead (of sort).. She aint main, but she is still as important as Sanada for example.
She is independent, but she's been acting like a thug, a bully. I could understand if she was the ball smasher of justice, but she's attacking innocent people all because they don't have what she wants, and in my eyes, that's a Bully. When her own sekirei has to apologize to their opponents for her actions, she must be doing something wrong. Usually its played for laughs because the guy will usually for the most part end up ok, but in this situation, the guys she kicks not only could be seriously hurt, but she's tearing them apart from someone they could have loved, and actually finding pleasure in that supposedly.

There is a difference between strong and independent, and being a asshole to just about everyone you encounter. Her new reputation is WELL deserved. So like I've said otherwise, her position in this story-line is Neutral, and until she shows change, she'll stay there for me. And this new "Dark" look she and shina are sporting hints she won't be changing anytime soon.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2011-08-05 at 19:58.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:10   Link #3374
Johnny
Working the bags...

She needs a good dose of humble pie and I do believe she's going to get served a huge ass piece if it...
Old 2011-08-05, 20:55   Link #3375
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
She needs a good dose of humble pie and I do believe she's going to get served a huge ass piece if it...
Which is what I'm hoping will happen soon. If she doesn't get it from the sekirei game, she'll definitely get it from meeting Minato's new family. Her attitude won't be standing a chance to Miya, and I'm expecting some serious big bumps on the head in the future.

Not just that, but Tsukiumi is not the going to let anyone disrespect her husband, which is something Yukari is known for doing to Minato, so I expect her and Tsukiumi to get into it at one point. Same with Kuu, these past two chapters have shown us she doesn't care who you are, you touch her Onii-chan, and you have problems. So Yukari has another thing coming if she thinks meeting her brother again will be like it use to be.
Old 2011-08-05, 23:04   Link #3376
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
The evil sadist persona was spread by those who falls victims to her and most of them are shown really not worthy of having their sekirei tied to them.. So far, in all the ashikabi pairing she've met, none of them are on same level of caringness like Minato or even Seo and Sanada.

I still cannot see which part of her considered bitchy as all she've met deserved what she had done to them.
I can't agree with either of those points, she deliberately crushes balls and have Shii kill/eliminate anyone that doesn't know where Kuu is, that is hardly justifable nor a good point in my points. So, the sadist, evil, demon ashikabi does fit her very well.

Since, the victim Ashikabi are not the main characters, there is no telling that their bond is not as strong as Minato's or whoever.

Here's hoping for karasuba to kill ANY one of Minato's sekirei to get the plot ball moving and the melodrama.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 23:08   Link #3377
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wonder though if she copped out on that idea and used Uzume for that purpose...
Old 2011-08-06, 00:13   Link #3378
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wonder though if she copped out on that idea and used Uzume for that purpose...
It wasn't even a cope out, that's exactly what Uzume's purpose was. Every member in Minato's harem have become to important and to well liked to get killed, especially if we are only in the middle or 3/4s in the story. If that did happen, that wouldn't be til the VERY end, and even then, most fans would NOT be happy about this. This is a Harem, therefore killing off a KEY harem member is not a tactic that pleases fans.

Uzume on the other hand was the perfect candidate for the dramatic death, because it was someone who he became close to, but at the same time never had the safe clause of being a "Main Character". So its an easy target to end her.

Quote:
Here's hoping for karasuba to kill ANY one of Minato's sekirei to get the plot ball moving and the melodrama.
That was exactly the purpose of killing off Uzume, it did just that. The plot is now on the 4th stage, the melodrama is here with Minato ready to fight for something and doesn't care about this game anymore, he's on a mission to get the Jinki.

While this series can be serious and depressing, its core is comedy from the antics of Minato's harem, so if you tamper with that, you kinda don't have Sekirei the series anymore, or what's making it popular anyway.
Old 2011-08-06, 00:42   Link #3379
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
....So Yukari has another thing coming if she thinks meeting her brother again will be like it use to be.
I certainly hope so ... and not just because of the particular Yukari or her Mother opposite Minato dynamic, but for a general dynamic in manga/anime of bossy, violent ladies beating up weak protagonist men who double as doormats ... something I am quite tired of seeing. -_-

But yes - I am hopeful that Minato's new situation/personal growth will make an impression on Yukari and their relationship will change for the better.
Old 2011-08-06, 02:25   Link #3380
zibi88

well both yukari and minato dont have a clue that each of them is an ashikabi... so it might couse a huge shock to both of them if they finally meet...

minatos decision is to get all jinki in order to save all sekirei and get uzume back.... while yukari's is only to find kusano....but what after that... so kinda shallow dream...

personaly I wish that yukari will not be shared with the info about jinki... becouse she has a wide mouth and might bable this off in some dire situation on battlefield to higa or mikogami and couse a huge problem for minato to get all those jinki's

anywya I belive that minatos sekirei are kinda at izumo inn in order to guard the jinki's.... since its a perfect opportunity for the enemy to stike and steal it... since it was said that ashikabis should take all of their sekirei for this game...

I think that tsukiumi will play a bigger part in it... as its on a ship... with a lot of water around it... and she well controls water :P

for now I will wait for yukari's reaction to see her brother have sooooo many beatifull girls xD most of them (besides kusano and kagari) have super big boobs.... and kinda many type's....onesan's... tsundare's...sneaky xD

I wonder how yukari will act towards Kazehana xD boobs kinda on the level of musubi or bigger... and her horny attitude towards minato xD (speaking about love and all and she is older than minato so an onesan ^^)

well and lets not forget that most of minatos sekirei call him their husband XD

so yeah hard times await minato.... and if she plans to move in into izumo inn for the sekirei plan game time.... than miya will be busy of hitting yukari in the head with her spoon xD becouse of her angry atittude...... yet if its dirrected towards minato I think she might allow it :P as she likes to bully/tease minato herself

but what is the most sad is that next chap comes out 16september !!! for god sake's the manga will get killed if this goes on like this... not mention it will take ages to develop some story.... like from a 1year the manga kinda slowed down in both story and releases...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei