AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-02, 12:56   Link #61
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Also, Ibusuki has been disguising herself as a boy for too long

It's not like Char from IS who only pretended to be a boy for short time

Here, it's been months
Then suddenly she returns being a girl and dates Tarou
Happily ever after.... NOT
All girls in the school would be disgusted by her and the rest of her school life would be miserable
Yuck! I loved "him" for months, and she deceived us all this time! Despicable!
I bet something like this won't even be mentioned in the manga. It's not the point of the story.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 13:07   Link #62
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I know~
And it grinds my gear that main heroine can do anything without repercussions and still win gloriously
02 from Franxx is one example
Killed many men nobody cared, 2nd girl Ichigo only separated 02 and MC and the hate of the world was upon her
Here too, Ibusuki for her selfish reason deceived everyone, but hey, she's the main heroine so it's okay
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 00:15   Link #63
Blueknight78

Quote:
^I know~
And it grinds my gear that main heroine can do anything without repercussions and still win gloriously
Killed many men nobody cared, 2nd girl Ichigo only separated 02 and MC and the hate of the world was upon her
Here too, Ibusuki for her selfish reason deceived everyone, but hey, she's the main heroine so it's okay
yeah, itt's not like 02 was abused, suffered a lot or torture was lied to kill monster in order to become human.

You are being very unfair here in this case, one thing is if 02 was did all that things without have being threated as a "total crap.

While in other hand ichigo was having a "somehow happy grow getting a good threatment thanks to doctor franxx and at the end "forcing herself in a guy which don't give a shit to her when comes to romance, she never had a even little chance to win, hiro hever saw her more than a "friend" and not even a super close one and she did a lot of mistakes which in others ocasions could cost her "leadership" and lives, yeah she is "not that perfecto good".

And i'm never was a really hater of her but that comparation only show how much you want to ba troll.

And to be fair i would prefer the second girl too, she was much better tham the main girl which was really the 'glorified main girl".
Old 2018-05-03, 02:45   Link #64
Lex79

Quote:
^I know~
I think you are a bit too harsh with Ibusuki. She isn't crossdressing out of malice, only to protect herself. And she clearly suffers from not being able to live as a girl. It's not like she can do anything without repercussions, it's more like after many years of difficulties she deserves an happy ending.
Old 2018-05-03, 03:55   Link #65
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I think you are a bit too harsh with Ibusuki. She isn't crossdressing out of malice, only to protect herself. And she clearly suffers from not being able to live as a girl. It's not like she can do anything without repercussions, it's more like after many years of difficulties she deserves an happy ending.
Her suffering is a joke and nothing's stopping her from coming out as a girl. The only really traumatic event was her parent's divorce and look at what the author did with it
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 05:07   Link #66
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Her suffering is a joke and nothing's stopping her from coming out as a girl. The only really traumatic event was her parent's divorce and look at what the author did with it
Exactly

Also there's something wrong when a story can be ended with literally 1 phrase
That is Ibusuki saying to Tarou : "I'm a girl"
BOOOM!!! Ended

and as Sixth said everything else is trivial to that, so nothing else matters, END

@Blueknight78
So If I have traumatic past, I can justify killing people?
Old 2018-05-03, 05:23   Link #67
Lex79

Quote:
She can't or she will start again to see first love zombies modeled after her. This is the whole point of her crossdressing.
Old 2018-05-03, 05:50   Link #68
bones

^ But i really don't see that as suffering though
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 06:45   Link #69
Lex79

Quote:
^ But i really don't see that as suffering though
Well, this is a comedy manga so we have to keep our expectations in check for what constitutes a dark and troubled past. Still, I can't see her situation as at least very annoying and It was made very clear how much it impacted her, so I'm fine with it.

Last edited by Lex79; 2018-05-03 at 10:38. Reason: mispelled words
Old 2018-05-03, 10:08   Link #70
Blueknight78

Quote:
Exactly

Also there's something wrong when a story can be ended with literally 1 phrase
That is Ibusuki saying to Tarou : "I'm a girl"
BOOOM!!! Ended

and as Sixth said everything else is trivial to that, so nothing else matters, END

@Blueknight78
So If I have traumatic past, I can justify killing people?
off topic
yeah, if youy get her "cause to a "court", to be judged she could have ended in a "psychological treatment, because everything not was really from her, it was "what the adults did to her", because even "killing that peoples" was what peoples taught to her, she never learned to "value lifes" or anything and even that "peoples" where actually expendables since the "kids" have short life span and grow learn to not "care about they own lifes", you are just looking at the "minor side" of things, if you take everything in account you could be ended doing exactly the same, the same goes to ichigo put ichigo in 02 place, and see if the same could not have happened with her too, ig you trade positions between the 2 the one which you could be calling a "murder it will be ichigo not zero 2, because it not was really her fault but all the crap throw at her.
And again even if ichigo was able to make hiro and zero 2 fall apart she could never had gain his love and will be stuck with a guy giving nothing to here and feeling empty and useless since again he can't pilot with her.

If hiro zero 2 never had come back in first place to plantation 13 they could not have "learned about love" and she could never had did anything or in others words, no matter how she hate zero 2 she was the one which make that kids "grow" or learn to value they lifes, otherwise they could be almost like all others groups and throwing away happy they lifes for "papa", zero 2 was the "trigger" for them to finally see each others as "teenagers".

Ichigo situation aways was a lose lose, she never had a chance with hiro and was stuck with a total one side love, one thing was if hiro himself had feelings or showed which she could had a chance with him but it never happened, she was literally in the end of stick.

To be clear i'm not saying which what she did was "fine" but based on the circustances, almost anyone could had ended doing the same, because it was out of her power/control.

This never really was about "winner girl" it was about someone get between 2 peoples which true love each other.

back to topic
about that serie, yeah Ibusuki reason to dress as a male was weak as hell and so cheap to fix, she aways was the "annoying tsundere girl" being agressive with him whenever she could (japanese weird masochist fetish) while the other aways was "supporting him" and even on his "accidents" she aways undesrtood and take it light, that is one of the few series which i really don't liked about the "winner girl" being the main girl, because all she did was being annoying and lying to him for a weak excuse and get a easy on it, while in other side you had a girl which was much better a good friend and someone trying to be good with him losing just because in the end main girl wins, while most of the times it make sense that is one of the few which it feels bad.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-03 at 10:56.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 10:53   Link #71
James Rye

Quote:
^But most of the time 2nd heroine loses
So the hardwork went down the drain

Fate > Effort
Actually isn't Ibusuki the 2nd heroine if we take the theory of first appearance as 1st heroine reveal? Because I think Ibusuki appeared later than Ebino story-wise.
Old 2018-05-03, 11:07   Link #72
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^It doesn't work like that
By your logic, Nakai-san is the main heroine of Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

@blueknight78
Mentally Insane Person = Monster
As in have no control over her action
Old 2018-05-03, 11:23   Link #73
Blueknight78

Quote:
^It doesn't work like that
By your logic, Nakai-san is the main heroine of Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

@blueknight78
Mentally Insane Person = Monster
As in have no control over her action
she is not "mentally insane person", since she can "learn to be better as we are seeying now, a mentally isane person can't do that, she was just someone which was "used and missguided again if we had swtched places between zero 2 and ichigo the ones which you could be "calling" monster will be ichigo and the "poor girl" will be zero 2.
Old 2018-05-03, 11:31   Link #74
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The fact is there's no switching places

I often heard the argument of "if they switched place then..."
If they did, then it would become totally different story
Then the problem of how much is the switched part
Down to Race and Personality?
Remember The Ship of Theseus' Paradox?

In this manga tho, switching place is not even possible coz you can't hide that boobies
Old 2018-06-15, 02:01   Link #75
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Go Go Ebino Route!
Old 2018-06-15, 02:18   Link #76
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Go Go Ebino Route!
Did you read chapter 128?

Some translator skipped 20 chapters just to translate chapter 128.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 02:26   Link #77
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Only followed the regular english release

I bet it's shitfest like Hoshino me wo Tsubutte
Old 2018-06-15, 03:29   Link #78
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
^Only followed the regular english release

I bet it's shitfest like Hoshino me wo Tsubutte
Spoiler for Minor spoiler:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 05:54   Link #79
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

More like author is using one of the girls (Ibusuki) to destroy the zombie (Eve) even if she gets hated.

And to be fair it's for his sake, the more he gets obsessed with Eve the more miserable his life gets.

So wuhugm isn't that off actually.
Old 2018-06-15, 06:43   Link #80
James Rye

Dude is still not realizing that Eve is, despite all her quirks, STILL a reflection of his mind. Like she didn't turned into "Evil Eve" because she wanted to but because Tarou was jealous on Ebino for getting on so well with Ibusuki. Eve had no choice in that matter/change! And even if she can change the clothes on her own, it is still Tarou's fantasies that overwrites her dress code whenever he is aroused or likes a certain look more than her current one. Eve. Is. An. Illusion! And the faster Tarou gets rid of said Illusion and starts living in the real world, for fucks sake last chapter had him say "Eve" while Ebino was getting all her courage together, the better for him. In that sense I totally support Ibusuki because unlike his gramps Tarou will from now always see Eve and that will always stand between him and finding happiness with another partner.

Tags
main heroine bias, psychology, supernatural