AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 10:05   Link #1
veron_v6

Prince of Tennis - National Championship Chapter OVA

Do anyone know that there is continuation of POT? I really hope that animesuki will have this torrent.
veron_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 13:00   Link #2
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Where is the Ova torrent anyways?
Old 2006-04-19, 16:12   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
Where is the Ova torrent anyways?
Check out this great site called www.AnimeSuki.com and at http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/49.html you'll find the OVA torrent. It's at the bottom of the page.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:31   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Except that's a different PoT OVA we list there.

There's a new 7 episode OVA just being released now called Tennis no Ouji-sama -Zenkoku Taikai hen- (Prince of Tennis -National Championship Chapter- ). First episode was released on 24th March 2006 (AniDB). Don't think anyone has fansubbed it yet.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:36   Link #5
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Different OVA, though. There's a new set of OVA's being released covering Nationals, but I don't think that has been sub-titled, though.

There's not too much going on... I didn't find it hard to follow the Japanese

[xris beat me to it XD]
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 19:12   Link #6
Sweetchinmusic

They arent Subtitled yet lol. You can find the torrent someplace, or if you want on Youtube they have the Ova. I havent watched it yet lol, hoping someone Subs it lol. Someone told me that you should go on the IRC channels or something to see if people are gonna sub it, but i dont see how that would really help lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 12:45   Link #7
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Prince of Tennis - National Championship Chapter

Truth or lies? I've been doing some searching and I think it's for real.

I would kill for a link to a torrent..

Fansubers, get moving!11eleven
Sinanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 21:54   Link #8
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I do believe two groups are teaming together to fansub the newest OVA, so just give them a little bit of time ^^

But really, my knowledge of Japanese isn't very good, but I really had no problem understanding the first episode of the OVA *shrugs*
Old 2006-04-23, 14:34   Link #9
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu
I do believe two groups are teaming together to fansub the newest OVA, so just give them a little bit of time ^^

But really, my knowledge of Japanese isn't very good, but I really had no problem understanding the first episode of the OVA *shrugs*

<3 , I really hope they get done subbing soon since I know like.. 15 kanju and that's pretty much tells how much I know japanese

Anyhow, lots of thanks for this reply ^^;;
Sinanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 01:30   Link #10
guenthar

the first episode of the new oav has been subbed and the torrent is here http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/...70f0bc.torrent
Old 2006-04-24, 09:36   Link #11
Sweetchinmusic

Yeah the OVA has been subbed. Its on www.tokyotosho.com also. I dont know if thats the right spelling of the site, but its near that lol. Wow they managed to sub it pretty fast, considering Futari no Samurai was out for a long time until it was subbed.
Old 2006-04-26, 09:32   Link #12
hakasan

OMG I was practically so excited when watching this first episode that I could have easily peed in my pants! Thank heavens for an OVA!!!! Thank u........ thank u for subbing this!!!!!
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:24   Link #13
Sweetchinmusic

I really want to buy it original lol. Do you think they will release like a boxset or something when they all come out? Gosh it will be expensive lol, but the money will be worth it.

Hope they make a game out of these Nationals also, the characters included offer something different, plus they look really cool.
Old 2006-04-27, 16:30   Link #14
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I watched the raw and then i saw the subtitled version. But did Echizen really play in the U.S. Open?! wtf..

I thought the ending to the TV series was jokes.. echizen supposedly beats llyton hewitt as a middle schooler in the U.S. Opens.....
Old 2006-04-27, 16:34   Link #15
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
Apparently he did play in the U.S. Open and beat one of the best tennis players in the world, Lleyton Hewitt, in the process. It'll be interesting to find out how far he got into the U.S. Open.
Old 2006-04-27, 17:07   Link #16
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

So he beat Lleyton Hewitt... and he's going to have trouble with a bunch of middle schoolers?! I wish it was more believable.
Old 2006-04-27, 22:59   Link #17
kobun

I have a few questions i hope some questions. Why does this anime love

Lleyton Hewitt this guy is old, and compared to others his not that good of a pro

you think they would should Fedaraf(sp) or Andy Roddick the top 2 players in the world and both started dominating in there teens in the pros

2nd question, umm why can echizen come back to a middle school tournment when he particpated in a pro event. Amature events have rules against this thing happenning.. Can you imigine Hikaru, coming back to win a national middle school go tournament..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 06:39   Link #18
evaky

haha...if you want to enjoy the OVA series, you better ignore the events where echizen went to compete in U.S. Open. or even before they participated in the camp thing and competed with the US representative(KEVIN)....hmm.....i read the manga and the story was way better then the anime starting from Seishun VS Rikkaidai in Kantou tournament.
The event afterwards were all made up by TV Tokyo....
in short,forget the whole thing that Echizen went to US. and think that he stayed back for the National tournament . That would be just nice.
evaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 17:04   Link #19
Sweetchinmusic

Hmm that would be good, but the thing is, is that he did actually go lol. Even in this episode he said that he particpated in the US Open. Maybe he lost or something and they didnt want to show it as he has the whole aura of 'i never lose at tennis' thing.

I watched the episode the other day. Ahh it felt gooooodd to be watching PoT again lol. Although something bothered me, the whole Oishi thing. Even though i really think he isnt really that good lol, he should have been in the team. I mean who is going to be Kikumarus partner now?
Old 2006-04-29, 18:05   Link #20
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

The anime writers wrote themselves into a hole when they decided to have Echizen go to American for US Open. When the premise of Nationals came up and the decision made to animate it... well, can't have Prince of Tennis without the Prince himself, so you have to have him come back.

I'm going to predict that not much is going to be said about the Open, except that Echizen went and now is back. There'll probably not be any real details because, well, they don't have it.

In the manga, Echizen never goes to America, of course. There is a "returner" who plays against Oishi for the spot on the Regulars for the National Tournament, but it's not Echizen, it's
Spoiler:

Don't worry too much about Kikumaru ^^
Spoiler for Kikumaru and Doubles:

Oh, and reading the summary for Episode 3 of the OVA from animate... I'm so excited!! Though a few details are changed, we'll still get to see
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Tags
tennis