AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-22, 15:54   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Myself; Yourself anime, game or light novel. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime, game or light novel without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Myself; Yourself which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, game, light novel, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 00:38   Link #2
rocketpunk

Myself; Yourself

This is a fairly new anime and im wondering, is there any manga of it?
If there is, do any of u know somewhere where i can find/read it.

I am liking this anime so far so im just wondering because i tried looking but wasn't exactly sure where to look for newer ones.

Thank you in advance
rocketpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 01:46   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

No, there is no manga.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 08:18   Link #4
Ryoujin
What?

Is this series really going to end un 11 episodes? It might seem a bit short for everything to catch up and end up good?
Ryoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 10:01   Link #5
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoujin View Post
Is this series really going to end un 11 episodes? It might seem a bit short for everything to catch up and end up good?
Its a 13 episode series.
Old 2007-12-01, 16:46   Link #6
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Because I'm looking for a good new series to take interest in, I was wondering what peoples' overall opinions of this show is?...say, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being out-of-this-world) is it one you would encourage other's to watch since it shouldn't be missed?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:18   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm...it really depends on your tastes. This is a rather relaxed romance series with some twists thrown in for good measure.
not worth a 10 for out of this world but i would encourage you to try it if you have free time. It is enjoyable to say the least - and development wise for the characters.

7/10 atm from me :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:37   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Because I'm looking for a good new series to take interest in, I was wondering what peoples' overall opinions of this show is?...say, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being out-of-this-world) is it one you would encourage other's to watch since it shouldn't be missed?
There are a few excellent episodes that I enjoyed (9-10) and others aren't as good (6-7) so it depends. For me it's just fun to watch without anything epic.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 20:38   Link #9
rg4619

Quote:
It's a 5.5/10 for me.

Much of your enjoyment might depend on your tolerance for genre cliches, as well as whether the show's mysteries manage to suck you in. Personally, I've found the series to be uninteresting and poorly assembled (dialogue, structure), but there are a few bright spots here and there. If nothing else, the first two episodes, along with parts of Episode 8, are decent enough.

On the plus side, the art/animation isn't bad, and I'm still interested in seeing how the game shapes up.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 21:48   Link #10
Chewy

I have viewed this anime as a huge introduction to the game the moment it was announced, and because I never expected too much from it, the show has surprised me with some of it's emotional energy and interesting conflicts. It is no masterpiece, but worth taking a look at if you are trying to find something to watch.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:58   Link #11
jayfoxpox

Wow I wonder how they gonna end with 13 episodes. Since each person seems to have their own little drama Im sure they are able to expand it abit like how kyoto did with Kanon(2006) compared to the first one
jayfoxpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 11:06   Link #12
Larcx
Zetsubou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfoxpox View Post
Wow I wonder how they gonna end with 13 episodes. Since each person seems to have their own little drama Im sure they are able to expand it abit like how kyoto did with Kanon(2006) compared to the first one
yeah...
13 eps were rather short.....
Nana,old psycho granny,Shuri has their own problem...........
it should be 24 eps i think........
Larcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 22:14   Link #13
ironbomb

Question:

Spoiler for about title:
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 22:22   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Question:

Spoiler for about title:
Basically, to find oneself. To learn about "myself and yourself".

Another proof from the game website:

少年の目に映る周囲の人、物、出来事、想い……。
移ろいゆく時間の狭間、新たな学園生活の中で、彼は何かを失い、何かを得る。

ぼく自身、あなた自身

本来のぼく、本来のあなた。

ぼくらしく、あなたらしく。

Translated as:

The people, objects, events, and feelings that reflect in the boy's eyes.
In the time between his movings, in his new school life, what will he lose, what will he gain?

Myself, Yourself

The me in the future, the you in the future

Like me, like you.

The events in the game prove this (let's put aside the rather meh anime).

Such as helping Nanaka through her trauma, or helping Asami through... well... a lot... Etc. You get the idea.

The anime just put in something to make up for it's "meh-ness" and ended with a "resemblance" to it's title.
Now that I think about it, that could have been the anime director's way of trying to salvage the anime. Failure desu.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 23:13   Link #15
Chewy

I'll also translate a little bit that might help you understand what they had in mind

------------------------------------------------------------------------

「僕」と「俺」
 「私」と「あなた」

人それぞれ個性を持っているように、価値観だって無数に存在する。
 彼ら彼女らが抱えている『悩み』も、みんな少しずつ違っている。
 そして、その『答え』にだって、唯一絶対の正解なんてない。

だから――【 Myself;Yourself 】

-- found on the bottom of http://www.yetigame.jp/myselfyoursel...ct/product.htm

「Boku」and「Ore」 <-- (both mean "I", but refers to Sana and Shuusuke since Sana refers to himself as boku while Shuusuke refers to himself as ore)

「Atashi」and「Anata」 <-- (means "Me and You", I think it refers to Nanaka since she refers to herself as atashi and Sana as anata at the start of the game)

Just like how each of us hold different types of personalities, there exists countless set of personal values.
The 『worries』 he and she faces, they are all a little different too.
Thus, there isn't a single absolute correct 『solution』 for them.

Therefore -- 【 Myself;Yourself 】

So the way I see it, it's also a bit about how we, due to our different established personal values learned from our past, will approach a problem to find a solution. For example, how Shuusuke helps Nanaka vs how Sana helps Nanaka, will determine how Nanaka ends up. It depends on their own personality, how they perceive Nanaka now and in the past, .. etc etc. It's much clearer in the game since there are a lot more inner dialogue to analyze.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:33   Link #16
ironbomb

Thanx for the responses but I still feel that the title is a bit vague when related to the anime itself...I am still a bit confused lol...Ill try to reread these replies in the morning when I am fresh since currently, I obvious cant seem to understand anything!
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:15   Link #17
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Thanx for the responses but I still feel that the title is a bit vague when related to the anime itself...I am still a bit confused lol...Ill try to reread these replies in the morning when I am fresh since currently, I obvious cant seem to understand anything!
Spoiler for well not really:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:19   Link #18
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
I doubt anyone comes here anymore, and it's a question I dunno where else to ask, buuuuuttt...

Anyone know a site where I can find a Myself; Yourself winamp/rainmeter/WMP skin(s)?
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 05:46   Link #19
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Sorry dude. Really dunno.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 00:07   Link #20
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13 View Post
I doubt anyone comes here anymore, and it's a question I dunno where else to ask, buuuuuttt...

Anyone know a site where I can find a Myself; Yourself winamp/rainmeter/WMP skin(s)?
Here's the cold, hard truth.
  1. Myself; yourself is a harem game with no ecchi, let alone hentai
  2. The anime is not supported by ANY of the major TV channels in Japan.
  3. It has almost NO following (or at least, not remotely enough) in North America for anyone to care
  4. It was promising, but failed to plan properly

So, it has almost no following. I gave up after playing thru M; Y Sorezore, and gave up halfway. IT WAS TOO BLAND.

I think you should try a program that allows you to make your own...