AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 22:17   Link #501
reccaryu

Quick question about V06 since I have not read V05. Will I miss anything by skipping V05? V05 is based on another set of characters right? Which is why I was thinking about not reading it.
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:18   Link #502
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccaryu View Post
Quick question about V06 since I have not read V05. Will I miss anything by skipping V05? V05 is based on another set of characters right? Which is why I was thinking about not reading it.
The only whink you will miss is Quenser and Hevia but so far the volume feels like a spin off story.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:29   Link #503
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Uh. Its a sidestory that doesn't do anything with the two idiots. Should you read it? Yes. Is it important? No. But later volumes might add things from that volume so you'll never know.
Old 2013-02-06, 00:58   Link #504
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Atm it's not relevant; but if I know Kamachi from his 30+ books on Index, what initially seem irrelevant would eventually become quite relevant later.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 01:40   Link #505
Drkz

Yay, Froleytia is finally back! Let them sex jokes commence .
Old 2013-02-06, 10:41   Link #506
tsunade666

I doubt gundam or mech fans that love them to stand bipedal will like heavy object's mech. But fans of star wars and star treck or along those lines of mech tech will like heavy object.

vol 06 of heavy object is completely translated. As expected of the cult leader.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:24   Link #507
Drkz

Now to wait to see what'll he'll translate now! He who is not human!
Old 2013-02-06, 11:48   Link #508
willx
Nyaaan~~

After reading Vol 6, I have a feeling Kamachi is getting a bit too fixated on his idea of "suffering protagonists" (不幸だ!) --
It's starting to get a bit too recurring and is starting to require a stretch of the imagination to suspend my disbelief in that regard..

That said, it's wildly imaginative and the twist in Vol 6 is definitely something I didn't see coming .. it was brilliant!
Old 2013-02-06, 16:42   Link #509
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

But we can't have people thinking that Heroes have it easy we must follow the Greeks!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-06 at 18:33.
Old 2013-02-06, 21:09   Link #510
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hey, it's not that bad since they still find the time to sexual harassing a maid in the mist of the battle, and also, they were able to kick the balls the one who make them suffers through proxy Kamachi's physic is still sketchy as usual though, but who cares about real physics in a sci-fi world
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 21:12   Link #511
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamachi's technology is better than his physics... Or at least, I don't think I've heard anyone complained about it as much.

P.S - Why does this have a 'legendary bikini armor' tag? Did I miss a chapter somewhere?
Old 2013-02-07, 06:17   Link #512
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm slowly catching up with this chapter- currently at the 2/3 mark.

I've got to say, the number of epic lol-worthy quotes has skyrocketed in this chapter there's simply too much to post but I thought this in particular is worth mentioning because we don't get a lot of recognition for Heivia

Quote:

“I am a servant of the royal family. My name is Mikfa. Who are you!?”

“Someone from the Legitimacy Kingdom who is not tainted by Dimiksy’s faction. I am Heivia Winchell. If you know how to pick up information from the rumors you hear in salons, surely you know I have nothing to gain by supporting Dimiksy Nikolaschka!”

“I see. I heard you are the eccentric boy trying his hardest to act out a Shakespearean tragedy by taking the daughter of the opposing Vanderbilt family.”

“Well, right now I want to turn this into a comedy.”
Lol even Heivia has his own infamy

And since when did he became an MW2 leet knife thrower ?
Old 2013-02-07, 08:57   Link #513
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

After reading the volume once more, the number of Checkov Gun in this volume is through the roof. The controller Claire mentioned in chapter 1? That become the device used in the last scene. White Bear Squadron? They're already mentioned in chapter 1.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 10:21   Link #514
tsunade666

because of legendary bikini armor I remember vol 04 afterword when Kamachi was thanking the editor for letting him have a whole chapter of swimsuits. but the only thing I remember in that chapter is Heivia dealing with terrorist who are attacking and Quenser getting suffocated by tit valley. Heck even princess doesn't wear swimsuit which leads on Quenser getting angry in that volume.

Kamachi sure has problems in his way of thinking. Its not normal I tell you. Its coming from a guy who's asking the meaning of moe and thinks that heroines are resources for light novel.
Old 2013-02-08, 00:48   Link #515
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For the longest time I felt that 'Unicorn' was a rather girly name for a black ops unit (its right up there with 'Pegasus') but after we found out who they are it seems strangely appropriate...

...Still girly though.

Another thing I can't get off my mind is the idea that MW2 has inspired Kamachi I could have sworn that was quick scoping and auto aim !
Old 2013-02-08, 03:30   Link #516
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Another thing I can't get off my mind is the idea that MW2 has inspired Kamachi I could have sworn that was quick scoping and auto aim !
^Kamachi knows his games
Old 2013-02-08, 03:36   Link #517
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Another thing, can we please give the award of best buddy-protagonists to Quenser and Heivia already?

Quote:
“…Heh heh heh. Hey, Heivia. How about we take it all for ourselves at the very, very end? Let’s put our own wonderful story on top of theirs to make theirs completely useless.”

“While we’re at it, how about we carry the princess out in our arms right in front of those knights who have been working at this for 5 long years.”

“We still have one important job left: Kicking those self-important Unicorn bastards right in the nuts.”

“Kicking a corpse in the balls is boring. We need to make sure those heroes have tears in their eyes.”
No other protagonist would ever serious consider committing pseudo-NTR against people on their side !
Old 2013-02-08, 06:45   Link #518
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just got around and finished the vol 1...

At first I was only interested in the artwork and has no information at all about the plot. After reading it, I must say that it's quite an enjoyable read. I like the way that all their fights are done by using brains and with how many situations that are disadvantageous to them.

I think I'm going to re-read the volume again though all those Object mechanics are hard to grasp without proper reading.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 07:32   Link #519
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

I think I'm going to re-read the volume again though all those Object mechanics are hard to grasp without proper reading.
Don't worry, most of us probably didn't pay much attention up until the point where they reveal the 'trick' of how they would destroy the Objects A tip is to follow the seemingly unrelated exposition at the start of the chapter

And chances all, after you start to get used to Quenser and Heivia's antics, all those overpowered protagonists would start to feel unappealing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lol that epic epilogue might be shorter than the previous ones, but what wouldn't I pay to see the look on Froleytia's face when she hears that those two idiots got involved in something so massive

Plus if this was something like public knowledge, or at least low level classification, that means the two of them are now National superstars

As for the afterword...

Quote:
They would probably be horribly matched against the Strategic Antenna that appeared in the magazine short story.
WHAT magazine short story ?

Quote:
As you could probably tell from reading any one volume, the world of Heavy Object is a shitty world where the good are not rewarded and the evil are not punished.
Glorious

Quote:
I will leave the means of defeating the laser Object in Chapter 2 as a problem for you to work out.
So this is Kamachi's version of a puzzle game ?
Old 2013-02-08, 07:51   Link #520
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

One question though since I just started reading vol 2 first chapter. I noticed that the last object fight in vol 1 isn't told in vol 2 like what I expected. Is that intentional or will it be described in later chapters..?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen