AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-02, 17:59   Link #21
RaymondSageClark
Banned

I'm gonna leave here this comparison between designs. S1 designs are way superior than S2 designs.

Spoiler for Designs:
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:07   Link #22
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

They just look really weird and far more off to me in S1. Not fond of it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:10   Link #23
RaymondSageClark
Banned

The actual Hachiman looks like Accelerator with black hair, Yui is Misaka with boobs and orange hair, finally Yukino is moe incarnated. Anyways the leaving that aside, they start in a good way with ep1, I hope they keep the good job without rushing the important info from the LN.
Old 2015-04-02, 18:56   Link #24
Pablete
Banned

>Accelerator.

No, he doesn't that was a joke people made due the character designer, and you took it seriously.
If you still think that you need to see an occulist.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 19:00   Link #25
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Atleast I'm not the one who try to avoid the truth about the designs, and I'm not the only one who thinks in the same way.
Old 2015-04-02, 19:10   Link #26
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
The actual Hachiman looks like Accelerator with black hair, Yui is Misaka with boobs and orange hair, finally Yukino is moe incarnated.
No it doesn't. Moreover, it's a bit better representation of the illustrations and the last point isn't really a bad thing given the series. But sure.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 19:47   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The animation in S1 was probably the worst Brain's Base has ever done, but I do prefer the designs. What springs to mind in looking at the new ones is "generic".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 20:54   Link #28
lehur
ぼく愛エリス

Send a message via ICQ to lehur Send a message via AIM to lehur Send a message via MSN to lehur Send a message via Yahoo to lehur
That's good for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
The designs are terrible.
Waddyamen
The design feel resh and kinda make Hachiman look cool though
lehur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 21:16   Link #29
IceHism

I prefer the new designs

I'm pretty sure S2's designs are more in line with Ponkan8's original designs too and i love the art in the LNs. Ponkan8 has great drawing skills. If i saw the S1 designs as the illustrations i would think it was uninspired.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 21:22   Link #30
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

10/10 episode for me, such a good mix between funny and "serious". I do like the new design, but the only that does not look well with it is 8man, THB. My god, 8maxSaika is so hilarious and fresh, I am rooting for it.

Personal bet, if this serie manage to be my AOTS I will start reading the novel. Its on my list of Ln to be read, but I cant find the time, this way it will be easier to decide.
Old 2015-04-02, 22:04   Link #31
firehawk12

Who was the girl at the last part of the episode that he walked back to the hotel with?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 22:24   Link #32
moodie

ppl are acting as if brain base put much time and effort on the first season in terms of animation

this is fine if not slightly better
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 22:44   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If I would compare the new and old designs, the Season 1 designs remind me of the Haganai manga, which captures the emotions of the cast but left behind the original designs. Sameface aside for the Season 2 designs, it looks more consistent and polished, kinda like in Season 2 of Haganai.

Of course, we'll have to see if feel maintains this level of quality throughout the series. They didn't have a problem with Yosuga no Sora, so my hopes are at least optimistic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:11   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ah Bittorrent. That's something I haven't used in a while.

Seriously, between CR and Funi subscriptions, I thought if anything this series would be picked up by one of them. So sad they dropped the ball, or maybe the production committee is asking for more money?

Regardless, one thing I don't like about this season is Yukinon. I dunno if it's supposed to be this way, but in S1 I always have seen her with a haughty look or with a perma-scowl. Here her looks seems to have softened, but honestly, it was the sharp and edgy Yukinon was the one I liked. Heck, even her stabs at 8man seems to be blunted compared to the first season.

Speaking of hachiman, the only thing I didn't like is not enough self-deprecating monologue. I don't mind his artwork; in fact I think it's better than last seasons. I've always imagined him to look more menacing, and I like his thug-life look this time around.

No complaints about Yui. Probably the one that has changed the least between the two seasons.

As for Ebina, I dunno, but her fujoshi mode seems to have been toned down too. I actually like her hyper shipper mode being one myself, so was sad when that was the extent of her reaction shipping 8man and Hayato. I still think she's best paired with the historical otaku, so Tobe, hands off.... XD

So overall, it's not so much the artwork I have a problem, as it is how the characters have been depicted. Then again, this might just be the natural progression following the events of the S1 finale, but I can't help but feel I'm missing something here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:14   Link #35
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Well they sure are blazing past the material. I don't think it even tried to help viewers remember about the characters; it just went straight to the point. I wonder how much material is this season trying to cover.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:23   Link #36
FunnyGuy
Banned

Episode 1

It took me 2 hours to wait just to start the download of the sub. Heheh

Anyway, I got a smile in my face during the scene when Hiki and Yukinon went back together. Yukinon was so conscious of the situation. Actually, I felt nothing to be excited about that time until she showed how uneasy it is for her. Hehehehe. She really showing it... she likes Hiki.

IRL, I didn't fell awkward going home together with a girl from my class. I just think of it as "coincidence and nothing special. But also, its a good way to kill time while on the way home. Spending the time talking about what happened throughout the day.
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:36   Link #37
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Regardless, one thing I don't like about this season is Yukinon. I dunno if it's supposed to be this way, but in S1 I always have seen her with a haughty look or with a perma-scowl. Here her looks seems to have softened, but honestly, it was the sharp and edgy Yukinon was the one I liked. Heck, even her stabs at 8man seems to be blunted compared to the first season.
Maybe, because, you know, she does soften up after season 1? It's probably not apparent since season 1 went through 6 volumes in 12 episodes, but she did soften quite a bit after the Cultural Festival.
Old 2015-04-03, 01:40   Link #38
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Who was the girl at the last part of the episode that he walked back to the hotel with?
That was Yukinoshita.

It actually took me a moment to recognize her when she showed up to look at the panda things though. And since I didn't remember her name from S1, I didn't realize who the yaoi fangirl was until she actually started talking about yaoi.

Character recognition issues aside, the first episode seemed kind of so-so, but then the first episode of season one wasn't as strong as some of the episodes that followed it either.

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2015-04-03 at 02:01.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:51   Link #39
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The animation in S1 was probably the worst Brain's Base has ever done, but I do prefer the designs. What springs to mind in looking at the new ones is "generic".
Agreed, the character design from the previous season definitely had a stronger impression than the current season. Overall I do prefer Hachiman's and Yukino's S1 design a lot more.
Old 2015-04-03, 01:51   Link #40
Tranhieu

I prefer the current design to the old one, looks much better and closer to the LN design.

Storywise they're blazing through so much material I felt kinda lost at times due to the amount of information thrown at the viewers. It's not bad at all, just a bit rushed. Though as someone mentioned here there's not enough self-deprecating monologues from 8man.

However what surprised me the most was how well the background OST mixing was. It doesn't sound flat at all and there's this feeling of 'air' during the track when 8man and Yukinoshita walked back to the hotel. Even the last season A/Z with its glorious OST couldn't achieve this level of mixing if I remember correctly.

All in all, ok episode. Would have been slower but the visuals and music made up for it.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote